Bucaramanga

hi my name is Oliver i am french and i am living to spain,i am DC Doctor of Chiropractic and i would like to know more about Bucaramanga....thanks for yours answer (i speak english,je parle français,hoblo espanol (castellano)

gracias,thanks..

Hello Oliver.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Colombia forum.

If you have more specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

PS: You can also participate on the Hispanic and the Francophone forums.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Oliver, i know a couple of things abouth Bucaramanga,
-Is the most sefaty city in Colombia
-Is very clean, maybe the most clean
-Quiet
-Good weather 20°/22°C  all year
-Transport system (Metrolinea) is ok, not good at all

Hola Oliver, yo se algo sobre Bucaramanga
-Es la ciudad mas segura de Colombia
-Es muy limpia, quizas la mas limpia
-Tranquila
-Buen Clima 20°/22°C todo el año
-El sistema de transporte (Metrolinea) es ok, no es bueno del todo.

Have a good day/bonne journée

Hi Oliver,

As mentioned above all is true, I'm currently living in Bucarrmanga and it is a great place to be.

Hi Oliver,

I've been living in Bucaramanga for the last 10 months.

The climate is very good, not too hot or too cold. The city and surroundings are generally safe, but there are areas you should avoid like in any cities. Generally the east of the city is more wealthy and slightly cooler.

Commercially Bucaramanga is very busy, and appears to be prosperous in many areas. There is a building boom at the moment with apartment buildings being built all over the city, as well as shopping centers etc. Property prices are rising. However, the city is limited by its geography and it has quite a high density of population, so many more apartments than houses. The crowding means the streets are relatively narrow and can be congested. Bogotá seems to have much more public space.

Taxis are cheap and easy. There are/were many small private buses. The public metrolinea bus system is being expanded but is chaotic at the moment. However it may improve the mobility problems of the city in the future. Driving is also chaotic, but you can soon adapt, and the traffic jams are not excessive.

I don't think there are many chiropracters in the city, but lots of overweight and unfit people!

Hi Oliver,
I also live in Bucaramanga (since a few months ago) and I would love it if we had a chiropractor here! I could use one.

J'ai vécu un an en France et je parle français aussi. I will write you on the francophone page as well as I see you posted there

Has anyone found an expat group in bucaramanga... I have not found one yet.

No. I think there are about 5 of us.:) Perhaps there are more French speakers?

chirodenia, are you still there?
I would like to know if you were able to go to Bucaramanga. Although I'm not here yet, I know my back will need some adjusting. haha.