BC/Vancouver

Hello All,

Just curious where you would recommend a family of 4 to rent a flat. We would like NOT to own a car and rely on public transit or walking.

Are children are in elementary schools. I would investigate public, presently they are enrolled in Montessori programs.

Could someone recommend a family urban area with green space? We are Americans coming from Boston..

(we need a back up plan)

Thanks

Hi There.  I am a 53 year old woman who was born in Vancouver BC.   I have raised children and know all of the municipalities in the lower mainland very well including the infrastructures, education systems of all districts and the public transit systems. A family of 4 without a vehicle with green space.... There are many choices, but  I need to know you monthly budget, where you will be commuting to work etc. etc. Will you be renting to eventually purchase?   If so, it would be best to rent in the districts you intend to eventually own.  Then I can advise you accordingly.

I actually own my own house in coquitlam, and may want to look for a family to rent it when I go to costa rica. You can email me at [email protected].   
Smiles
Michelle
Michelle

Boston Mama,

I'm sorry if this comes across as sounding rude, but I really must ask.

You have asked about information on moving to, living in, cost of living and schools in so many different countries that you have everybody's heads spinning. So far you've asked all the same questions about Argentina, Canada, Canary Islands, Chile, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, Spain and Turkey. (There may be others I've missed)

Is it just that you have absolutely no idea whatsoever where you want to go; or perhaps is it that you are actually running some kind of consulting business and using your postings as a way of obtaining free information for your clients?

You forum activity seems to indicate that those are the only two possibilities and it is extremely strange.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team