Panama's best places to open a little guesthouse near the beach

Good afternoon everybody from Italy  :)

As I am new here, my I introduce myself? My name is Anna and I am Italian. At the moment I'm living near Venice (IT, Europe), but I'm thinking to relocate in Panama to open a little hostel.

I am looking for recommendations on where to live and open my hostel in Panama.

These below are my needs:

1. The right place to buy and open the hostel, in your opinion
2. The place must be near the beach
3. Has to be safe: I do want to avoid "bad" places.
4. I have to have high-speed internet, due to my job.
5.I'd prefer a property not too expensive to buy (my budget is maximum 190k USD for a 4 room / 4 bathroom house)
6. Within reasonable driving distance (an hour or two) to things such as hospitals, supermarkets, etc.

I heard some italians already settled in Las Lajas, Chiriqui.

Hope you can help even me with some informations :)

Thank you very much & Regards :cool:
Anna

Hi and welcome to the forum Anna!

Hope the forum members will be able to help you out.

Good luck ;)
Armand

Thank you, Armand!
I hope so, too!

Have you looked into the Pedasi area? That is an up-and-coming area that is just lovely - right on the southern coast of Panama. Or there is also the Boca Chica area, which is just gorgeous. Both are ripe for the picking in terms of business opportunities.  I have a good friend who is a realtor who is an expert on answering your kinds of questions. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with him. His knowledge is invaluable. Good luck! Cheers. Jacki Leroux.

Thank you vinnie62!
I think I have to spend some days in Pedasi area, as you're not the first person talking so good about it :)
Of course, if you have some friend who can help me, please give me his email address in pm!

His name is Mike Vuytowecz, owner of Inside Panama Real Estate in Coronado. His email is [email protected]. I have given the head's up that an "annasilvia76" will be contacting him. Good luck! Jacki.

Hello innie62, I invite you to recommend your friend into the Panama Business direcory. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello vinnie62. Would you by any chance be able to put me in touch with your real estate friend. I am a real estate agent in South Africa me and the family are looking to relocate to panama and are looking for any assistance in finding work. I particularly want to stay in real estate. My wife can do admin work or child care for pre school. Your help wpuld be greatly appreciated.
Regards Darren.

Hello Darren21,

Welcome to Expat.com.

This is a very old, inactive thread; you may not receive any replies from the participant with whom you are seeking to interact.

To obtain up-to-date information about the real estate sector, I would highly suggest that you create a new thread on the Panama forum so that our members can reply to your query.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com