American needs in Holland?

Hi all,

I am an expat in America, from Holland, looking to move back and start my own business. Import/export, Retail, a restaurant or maybe a combination of the above.

In my 16 years in America I have come across a lot that I think  my fellow Dutchmen will love and want to bring some of that home with me. At the same time I know I miss a lot of Dutch items that I am unable to get in the states.

What are some of the things that would make expats from the US in Holland (or anywhere else, for that matter) go bonkers when you see it in a store or restaurant? Red licorice & kool aid for the kids maybe? Hamburger helper or groceries in general. A great bbq sandwich with an ice cold Shiner/Fat tire/Other American micro brew? A bar that will show NCAA football and knows when the superbowl is? or anything else you can come up with.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hello Mark.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some responses from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Coors original, gatorade powder and ICE

I hear you on the ice. I think the idea is us (cheap?) Dutchies feel that when you give us ice, your skimping on the soda since free refills are unheard of too, but duly noted, thanks.