Any idea of schools in Aruba?

I am moving to Aruba with my family.I have a daughter who is 5 years old.She is doing upper KG right now.Any idea whether the dutch schools in Aruba have teaching in dual languages or not? That is whether medium of instruction is both Dutch and English.

I heard there is an English school in Aruba but that is very expensive (14000 USD a year ) and I would go for it if only there are no other options .

Please advice on schools in Aruba.

Welcome to Expat.com soum11!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

dear ArubaninNYC,

Thank you so much  for your detailed info.I am also thinking similarly. Can you suggest a good public school for her?

Regards and best wishes.

I am interested in the answer to this - but I don't seem to be able to find the ArubaninNYC response referred to by the author?  Any information on schools would be gratefully received.  I have a preschooler (I am thinking Beautiful Sun Montessori for her) and a 7 year old.

Hello, the public education system is based on dutch language, the skanken is a private school in dutch too,  there's an international school (in english) which the one you mention, also another school in english would be on located in San nicolaas (don't know the name).
Anyhow your kid can make a "leveling" year and learn dutch, that is required for the public education, that year is in a special school from the government.

Hi! I am finally in Aruba. My daughter goes to the Ibero American high school  in San Nicolas. It's an English school and the fees are reasonable. The international school is  best but it's very costly.

Bon bini na Aruba! I hope you have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you. best regards!

You can choose from the lists of schools in Aruba here http://www.visitaruba.com/about-aruba/g … f-schools/

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct