Place and partners to play tennis in Ho Chi Minh City

Hello everybody,
I am Frenchman of Vietnamese extraction. I am French and English speaking, having worked in both linguistic environments in Europe.

I am currently working and living in Ho Chi Minh City. I look to play tennis and meet friends who share the same passion. I enjoy tennis and played it regularly in the past, but miss playing it in the last few years I have been here in HCMC. 

Thank you.
Pierre Quyen

HI pierre, are you still on the board??

My dad is also a crazy fan of sport.. now he plays tennis 3 days a week. Where are you living? Where do you wish to play? I can ask Dad for a suitable place for you coz he has moved through a lot of tennis grounds.

hi there,

i am also looking for both tennis partners and students. i have 18 years of experience.

normally i play in phu my hung. if you like to either play or receive lessons please let me know.

my email is [email protected].

best regards,
henrik

Hi henrik I am living in an phu and my apartment has a new tennis court I want to receive lessons and play tennis you can contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

I am Danny in District 2. I have been practicing tennis lessons for 7 months. I am looking for friends to play with in Binh Thanh or district 2.

Thanks

Danny

Hi guys.my name is van. I am from cali usa. I been live and work in viet nam 5 years. I love to play tennis. I play 3_5_7 from 4 to 6 pm. At 116 nguyen du .district 1.(2years play)
If you have time come out and joy us.

Hi pierre and all,
I also look for a place and people to play tennis with.

Anyone plays in D1,D3 or Phu Nhuan?
Would like to join if anything goes on.

Joie

Hi Joie,

Not sure if you have found any team to play in yet, our team is playing from 7-9am on every Saturday at Dist.1 police station on Nguyen Thai Hoc st. And every Sunday at Nga Ba Song course on Nguyen Huu Canh st. From 6-8am, if you're still looking for a team to join in, email me at [email protected]

Cheers,
T.

Hello to any one still reading this thread!

I can see there's many people that love to play tennis in Saigon which is great. I am living in District 5 and also love to play tennis.

I am interested in coaching but also looking for regular tennis buddies and to find out the best place to buy a quality racket.

I welcome any help and offers.

I am flexible for times to be play, pretty much any time and can travel to most districts so long as they are not too much of a stretch.

Thanks in advance.

HI I would be interested in lessons. I live in District 5

Hi there

I am looking for a trainer / tennis partner for Phu My Hung.
Let me know if you are interested. I'm sill sort of a beginner altough I played tennis ocassionally since childhood. So I guess am an ok sparring partner.. although need proper lessons first

Cheers
Thomas

Hi Pierre,

I saw your message. Actually I'm in the same situation than you. I'm French (my mom is Vietnamese) and I arrived in Ho chi Ming more than one month ago. I used to play good but I really do not practice anymore since a few years. I played with my colleagues last week and I just realised I need to practice a lot to get the same level than before.

Moreover, I'm new in HCM, and I hope playing tennis will be a mean to know each other and probably hang out later with some friends.

Elodie, Lieu.

Do you realise that Pierre posted this 4 years ago, I doubt he is still reading this.

Elodie,

You can email me so for a try with my team this Sat. then you cna decide if you want to join the team or not thereafter.

Cheers.

Hi elodie n friends

Would you be keen to have a game next week? I m from singapore n am looking for people to play with. I have 5 years of playing experience.  My number is ***. Drop me a message.

Get ready my friend, I will call you to join our team on this Sunday, are you living somewhere near Q1?

Hi all, I am also a crazy fan of tennis. I love playing tennis but I have not found permanent partner since I moved to HCMC. I live in district 1 so if you want to play some tennis. You can contact me. Here is my number: [Moderated: send details in private pls]

Hi Trungdo,

I just sent you a text message, hope you can join us tomorrow at 10am at D1 police station course.

hello tennis buds...
i was hoping to find some tennis players so i can burn off all the food im going to eat in HCM.
ill be arriving Feb.14 and will stay a few weeks...
im a decent player but not Open Level.
hope to hear from somebody.

have a great hit in the meantime.

Whenever you're ready, let me know, we're playing every Sat and Sun in district 1.

Hi all, our group have experienced at least in 3 years playing double and we receive more members to enjoy us. We play the court that near Chu Y bridge so close to Dist 1 and 5, we play night time from 7pm to 10pm tue-thur-sat, anyone interested in pls contact me 091.97.75.136. Welcome and thank you.

Hi,

I'm also looking to play tennis, am in district 1 and am here until June. I used to play tournaments (state level) etc so should be a decent hit even though I haven't played in 6 months.

Let me know if anyone is keen for a hit!

Hi Damienkwillis, welcome to us,  091.97.75.136. Thanks

well, i dont really know where to play tennis around here. I have heard that you have to pay for the time you play at the court, is this true?  also, if anyone looking for some play time, or just to socialize, let me know, im not that good, but i will give you a good match. ( i hope )

Hi Sbonilla75,

I'll call you and show you how to get to the court on Sunday, welcome to join us. I will leave my phone# in private message.

Cheers,

oh ok.. but weekends is not good for me.. sorry... im usually free during the week.. daytime

but anyway, let me know, maybe i can make it.. some sundays

thanks

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a Babolat Pure Drive Tour? They only seem to have 275g versions here and I want the 300g one. If anyone has one second hand (or similar style of racket) that would be even better! :)

Some of my teammates may have that heavy stuff 2nd hand, will ask for you if you come out on Sunday as my text message to you.

Hello everyone,

Just moved to HCM and would like to play tennis regularly.

Not very good and have not played in a while, but the only way to get better is to play more. Hence, I'm looking for someone to hit some balls with!....anyone??

Also, any recommendations for lessons?

Hi all, I just picked up the tennis thread again. I am also new to HCMC since Mid-December from Cali. I would like to join the group to hit around. I live in D5 and work in D1.
Weekend is perfect, some weeknights are also good. I can be reach at ****. Peter

Hi guys, I'm in HCMC for 3 more weeks on an exchange program, would love a partner for either single or double, i left my racket back home so if i can borrow/rent one from you that would be great. I am average level, played for a few years a while ago. please catch me on *** if you're interested. I live in district 1

Hi Sorenb,

Please send me your email address, I'll get you connected with my team playing in D1. I'm traveling right now so I can't call you.

Cheers.

Thanks buddy,

Its ***

I would love to join as well. My USTA rating was 4.5 last year. Here's my contact: ***

Hi LongMai,

I will email you separately.

Cheers,

Hello All,

I'd also love to find a tennis partner. I'm not great but not bad. Open to taking lessons as well as it's been awhile since I've played.

Hi Thirdkieu,

Give me your email and phone# please, I will arrange for a try.

Cheers

Hi. You can email me ***. And phone me at ***. Im off to Bangkok for work tomorrow and back on wed.

Looking forward to it

Tung

hi there,

I am also looking to play tennis regularly (after 6pm during work days, and anytime on weekend).

I am not very good, taking lessons now, but need someone to practice with to get better!

Hey man. wanna hit some balls?

Tung