Need Details about Nairobi , Planning to shift

Hi everyone ,

first of all thanks in advance to all of them you will answer my queries. I am an IT professional and getting offer from Nairobi so want to know some of thing before shifting there from India.

1) How safe Nairobi is for family  , I have 2 kids , one will go to School also.

2) What is normal salary for an IT Project manager ( Software) , please tell me in details , how much will be expense for House Rent at safe place ( I am looking for furnished apartment in Indian community) .
3) My company is going to give me accommodation , Health & Medical , Child education , car and utility bills .want to know how much will be expenditure for these all. Looking 2 BHK apartment.
4) How much I should take from them in Kenya  to survive there?

knowledge about Safety and right kind of salary details need on urgent basic.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. congrats on your coming to kenya.Nairobi is a fairly good place. There are cool, places where indians live such as Westlands. The rent in these places range from between 100,000/- TO 200,000/-. Salary payable will be based on the company that will have employed you and also on your work experience but generally in the range of Kshs. 300,000/- and above for IT experts. For any legal issues that you may have during your stay in kenya or if you need an advocate for any issue arising, do feel free to contact me on [email protected]

Hello crazyindian.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can read this thread on Cost of living in Kenya as well.

Thank you,
Aurélie