Moved to Port Melbourne with 2 year old son

Hi, we have a 2 year old son, Leo, and will be living in Port Melbourne for 2 years. We arrived about 6 weeks ago.
We don't know anybody here but I'm sure there are plenty in the same position!
I would love to make some new friends here for walks / picnics / play dates with the children and maybe a few cheeky wines here and there.
Get in touch if you fancy meeting up.

Just so you know a bit about us, my husband works in telecoms and is mad about Wigan Athletic football and running.

I worked in HR at Heathrow before we moved. I plan on looking for PT HR work whilst we're here. I love cooking.

We are looking forward to having a few barbecues / beers and laughs  with some new friends.
Look forward to hearing from you

Dani

Hi Dani!

Welcome to Expat.com!
Hope you will be able to meet other members soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Dani
I just wanted to let you know that there are playgroups and mother's groups all across Australia - if you just google 'playgroups Port Melbourne' you will get a lot of links.
http://www.playgroup.org.au/Playgroup/F … group.aspx would be a good start.
I don't live in Port Melbourne but I do know lots of mums from work who regularly attend playgroup with their little one/s all over Melb.
Good luck and welcome to Melbourne! (We are due back from Europe in 3 weeks!)
Steph

My husband used to work in Port Melbourne, so I used to go down there all the time. I'm certain there must be playgroups and mother's groups there because every time I go jogging at Albert Park Lake, I see small armies of mothers pushing prams together. If you and your husband need a night out together and want to meet new people, you could drop by the beginner's tango class at the Port Melbourne community house (sort of kitty-corner from the Cole's), which is 7:30pm every Thursday night and only $15 per person.

Hi Dani,

Reading your post was just like reading about myself ;) Me and my husband are exactly in the same position as you guys! Just moved to Melbourne few weeks ago and no friends here.

I'm from Slovakia and my husband is a New Zealander. We have no children but hope that won't put you off ;) We enjoy travelling, meeting new people and outdoors activities: biking, walking and snowboarding!

My husband works for ANZ bank. I'm at the moment at home trying to settle us down and keep us busy! As currently not working, I'm also looking for a girlfriend to share afternoons with: coffee breaks, walk on the beach, and someone to have a good chat with.

.... By the way, we like in Docklands.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,
Emilia