MOROCCO FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT

Hi all,

In order to keep the forum clear, friendly and useful, we invite you to follow these guidelines. They have been made to help you in using the forum.

FIRST STEPS ON THE FORUM:

> Before writing, we invite you to have a look at the previous threads to make sure your topic wasn't already covered.

> When starting a new thread, select its title wisely: the clearer it is, the more answers you will receive.

> Ask one question at a time: it would be easier for the other members to answer. Of course, you can post other questions later.

>Do not forget to introduce yourself: it will help to give you a personalized answer and it will be much more pleasant.

> Please respect the topic categories: avoid going off-topic and feel free to create a new thread to talk about a new topic.

> Avoid posting personal details, such as your phone number, email address or Skype contact, on a public forum. The Expat.com team will remove these details for your safety.

> For any question related to the use of the website or for a technical problem, please use our contact form.

LANGUAGE:

For better understanding and interaction with the other members, we invite you to post your messages in English. If you want to post in French, we invite you to participate on the Morocco French speaking forum; for your posts in Spanish, kindly use the Morocco Hispanic forum and the Morocco Italian speaking forum for your posts in Italian.

Make sure to write correctly and clearly on the forum so that everyone can understand: avoid cap locks and SMS language.

JOBS AND HOUSING SECTIONS:

If you want to post a job offer or if you are looking for a job, please post on the Morocco Jobs section.

If you are looking for an accommodation or want to offer one, please go to the Morocco Housing section.

ADVERTISING:

The forum is not aimed at helping you to promote your company and products. If your thread is of a commercial nature, please use the dedicated sections: we invite you to register in the Morocco Business directory or to have a look at our Advertising page.

The forum can't be used to promote external groups or organizations. Should you want to organize gatherings/activities with the other members, kindly get in touch with us: we would be pleased to help you.

OPINIONS:

The entire concept of this forum is to promote the free exchange of information and ideas. Therefore, everyone has a fundamental right to form and express their own opinions, provided that they comply with the terms of use of the website. However, it is not acceptable to criticize or abuse another member in any way for simply expressing their opinion or making a personal observation. If you find the opinion expressed offensive you should not take matters into your own hands nor should you make any abusive comments: please use the Report button so that we manage the issue.
The Expat.com forum is dedicated to expat related matters. Topics related to politics or religion won't be accepted.

The moderation team reserves the right to intervene if necessary.

DATING:

Please keep in mind that Expat.com is not a dating or matchmaking service. Do not post forum topics either seeking or offering a romantic relationship.

ABUSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE POSTINGS:

Any postings deemed to be abusive, offensive or obscene will be immediately removed. If you find a posting offensive or inappropriate please report it by clicking on the Report button which appears at the bottom right hand corner of the posting. To know more about our criteria, we invite you to have a look at our Terms and Conditions.

The forum code of conduct may be subject to changes. We invite you to check it regularly.

Thank you everything is clear

I am so glad you have this topic thread, I whish there was a way to make everyone read it

hi thanks

but what about ameican jobs??

ok

Thanks everything is clear

Thanks

Yes thanks for clarifying .

Realy its a good clearifyin. Thx very vereeery much to ur time. Nd thex 4 ur sacrifice 4 us .... Hope the best 4 all the team who guard this wndrful website

thanks but just a suggestion please....try to close forums that are already solved....if  possible.

Please do not close all posts that are already resolved, as there is often a lot of current and relative reference information on them that can still be of use to others.

im talking about just those are looking for a house or rent and they have already found,,,,,just an ex.

excuse me if I post this here but I don't know where to post it....what are the reasons why a member should be banned?....and if they are really banned.....and if they can send messages even  if they are banned. thanks

mar65 wrote:

excuse me if I post this here but I don't know where to post it....what are the reasons why a member should be banned?....and if they are really banned.....and if they can send messages even  if they are banned. thanks

- There are many reasons why a member can be banned. Many Moroccan members of this forum were rightly banned for scam-related reasons. This forum is infested with them. The majority are here for sinister reasons. Looking for any opportunities to defraud naive people. Some are here to start relationships, in the hope they can obtain a visa out of it. Anyway, others (usually foreigners/expats) like myself were banned for simply voicing an opinion on a thread, that was not warmly-received by either some members who can't handle the truth, or a moderator who felt it was causing negativity/or breaks the sites terms (generalization, racism, etc).

- Banned members can not access the site, let alone send messages. The entire profile is de-activated, which of course includes the inbox-system. So they can't receive messages either. Some bans are temporarily, others are permanent, depending on the reason for the ban.

thanks for your answer. It is almost impossible to fight against scammers or people behind any of the reasons you mentioned. I know it is a harsh theme....to be treated I would not like anyone to be banned for their opinions to my question....I hope so.
I just questioned because I received a message from someone who was banned and it surprised me....well I deleted the conversation but the doubt started. That's all.

thanks it is a good advice from yours.

I noticed when I joined that there were many banned members. Unfortunately, it looks like the members with the most posts were amongst them. These members also gave very useful information. Right now it doesn't seem that there are very many people contributing usefully.

To add to what has been said, yes, this forum in particular seems to have loads of rent boys, prostitutes and scammers joining which is why I always specify when I ask a question that I do not want "help" from locals who have just joined. I got a PM this afternoon from a certain new member "Mimi" who asked if we could meet up. I wonder how many other people she sent her PM to? I simply replied that I'm not interested in making friends with prostitutes.

mar65 wrote:

thanks for your answer. It is almost impossible to fight against scammers or people behind any of the reasons you mentioned. I know it is a harsh theme....to be treated I would not like anyone to be banned for their opinions to my question....I hope so.
I just questioned because I received a message from someone who was banned and it surprised me....well I deleted the conversation but the doubt started. That's all.

thanks it is a good advice from yours.

It's very easy to deal with them. They are so obvious. Their only contribution to the forum is the pathetic offers of help, shortly after joining, either on the thread and/or via private messages. As well as trying to get involved in any meetings that expats will be attending. They see someone post about anything, and suddenly they can help with it. Need a Lawyer? No problem. Looking for accommodation? No problem. Anything that is needed, apparently they can "help" with. I've had a number of "When are you coming to Morocco, if you need anything, let me know" types of messages. The offers of help is genuine mind you - helping you to lower your bank balance that is.

SvenStockholm wrote:

I noticed when I joined that there were many banned members. Unfortunately, it looks like the members with the most posts were amongst them. These members also gave very useful information. Right now it doesn't seem that there are very many people contributing usefully.

To add to what has been said, yes, this forum in particular seems to have loads of rent boys, prostitutes and scammers joining which is why I always specify when I ask a question that I do not want "help" from locals who have just joined. I got a PM this afternoon from a certain new member "Mimi" who asked if we could meet up. I wonder how many other people she sent her PM to? I simply replied that I'm not interested in making friends with prostitutes.

They send so many private messages. There was a time I replied back to one of them pretending I'm interested in the "cultural exchange" they were after, but the message wouldn't send as it said their inbox was full, if memory serves me right. And this was a new member. Already with a full inbox. I say that private messages should only be enabled after 50 or so useful posts on the site. That should deal with the problem. Of course that won't stop them from using the forums to post their offer along with contact details, but at least we can see it and use the report button when appropriate, unlike with PM's. I don't understand why the PM system is enabled for new members. What purpose does it serve for someone who has just registered, to immediately start chatting behind the scenes. They need to change it.

mar65 wrote:

Maybe its possible that the member send you a message and shortly after he's banned.

You're are right, its difficult to ban completely but I know the team are doing they very best to make this site as safe as possible but they cant do it all by themselves. Every member has his own responsibility. If you, or someone else, see a post which is clearly violating the rules, you can report the post by clicking on the report button above on the right side of each post. In the menu you can describe shortly why you report this post and the moderation team will take care of it.

For pm is a bit different, only  you can see the unwanted message and only you can report. By deleting them is not enough because you, nor the team, would know if its a single action. Therefor you have to report this messages as well. Do not delete them because the moderation team need these messages for their investigations. After you get  a message from one of the team members that they took care of it, you can delete these messages.

Thanks for the information Primadonna

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : free ads not allowed - please read agaiin the code of conduct

Hello youssefsandseas,

Did you even bother to read any of the MOROCCO FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT before you posted your advertisment here? Perhaps if you had then you'd know that our forums are not intended for advertising of any kind.

The posting has been removed pending a full review by Expat-blog Moderation Team members. If you wish to advertise here then I suggest you click on the CLASSIFIEDS tab in the green banner at the top of the page. That is the correct venue for such postings.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

thanks u for the clarification

Thanks for your input!

Thank you very much for keeping this platform a safe place to be on

Thanks for the safety provided

yes agreed also sorry might be bit off topic remove old adds from the classified site and get rid of people who are just net working and not really from Casablanca or interested in it-its so annoying and puts genuine expats off bothering with the site and of course get rid of the type who are looking for romance and pick up it totally ruins the reputation of the site-I do understand its hard to tell which is which sometimes as the con artists can be suttle but in general if in doubt kick them out

Hi have a nice day,

Thank you for this post.

There is an expiring date on each classifieds ads and after this date, the ad will be removed automatically.

We do ban/delete all inappropriate contents and accounts from the website.

Please use the reporting button to inform us all inappropriate content or old adds if any. We will do the necessary.

For any suggestions, you can contact the team via the Contact us form.

Thank you
Christine