New Born Registration in Egypt

Is there a time limit on getting the paperwork in. I heard by 18 years old. I mean my sons not that old yet but he is 8 months with no certificate and no up to date shots. He was delivered here in Egypt but i have 5 kids and not a lot of time to run about any how whats the time frame in getting the necessary paperwork in from the birthday to obtain the birth certificate? thank you

fatima1234 wrote:

Is there a time limit on getting the paperwork in. I heard by 18 years old. I mean my sons not that old yet but he is 8 months with no certificate and no up to date shots. He was delivered here in Egypt but i have 5 kids and not a lot of time to run about any how whats the time frame in getting the necessary paperwork in from the birthday to obtain the birth certificate? thank you

at 8 months old he's already considered a "drop out" and will require a special procedure

No shots? are you kidding me? you've already missed so many important vaccines at 8 months.

Unbelievable.. These vaccines are there for a reason.
To prevent childhood illnesses.  Some of these illnesses could prove fatal.

Why haven't you registered your child yet? It is a government requirement!!

Are you serious? Im here asking anyones opinion on how they got it done because i have been being pushed off by the health department here in alex for 8 months now, they refuse to help me. And i cant get the vaccinations untill i get the birth cert. thanks for the help

If u can please tell me what is the "special procedure" as today they AGAIN did not help me and told me that hes too old to get help from Egypt. I call US embassy and they told me to go back and get the certificate of ur wasting ur time coming here. Im not looking for opinions or nasty comments I just need a little help to get these things done. And NO is not a government requirement to get shots BTW. But yes it bothers me a lot and I dont need someone who never been here to tell me how things need to be done. Try it for urself and ull find its not all that easy....Please Im asking for help.

Actually its not a big thing to get this done... Did you receive a paper from the hospital where you delivered? Or did you have the remote chance to have a homebirth? In that case ur in trouble... But if you got that paper from the hospital you just drop it to something like the civil record office and they will print you a birth certificate within 2 weeks or so... If you don t find the time i think you can even send any one from the family to do it for you. But you should get itdone asap! Keep in mind you won't be able to obtain apassport without that certificate

Caty

thank u cathy
i do have this paper but they are telling me my sons too old i was there today they drag there feet this long now i have to plan another day to go and fight with them.

I think they are telling you that to have some baksheesh... By any other logic how he could be too old to have a birth certificate? Just ask them how much it would be to get it done...

They mean he's a drop-out or what is known in Egyptian law as ساقط قيد and it has a special procedure. Had I been in Egypt now I would've navigated you through this bureaucratic maze ..... sorry :/

Hello my Egyptian brother. I have two questions in one. I am a Nigerian citizen and married to a Nigerian too. We are expecting our first baby soon Insha Allah. Please what rights will my baby have as regards being born in Egypt. By the way am a student here with legal residence though my wife is yet to obtain a residence permit hence she have overstayed. We are hoping that after she gives birth we will all go to Nigeria to obtain an entry visa for her in order to get her living here legally.  Second question please, if the both parents are Nigerians and do not have legal residence in Egypt what will be the limitations of their baby's rights. Thanks

ikenolo wrote:

Hello my Egyptian brother. I have two questions in one. I am a Nigerian citizen and married to a Nigerian too. We are expecting our first baby soon Insha Allah. Please what rights will my baby have as regards being born in Egypt. By the way am a student here with legal residence though my wife is yet to obtain a residence permit hence she have overstayed. We are hoping that after she gives birth we will all go to Nigeria to obtain an entry visa for her in order to get her living here legally.  Second question please, if the both parents are Nigerians and do not have legal residence in Egypt what will be the limitations of their baby's rights. Thanks

Hello Bro ...... Birth in Egypt does NOT confer any rights ...... no citizenship or nothing. If you are a legal resident, you can use the Egyptian BC of the child to grant them a dependant Residence visa. Having overstayed, you will need to get an "exit clearance" for the baby prior to travel so you can exit. You can check with the Nigerian embassy for what is required to get Nigerian registration/BC/Passport for the baby (but basically you will need an Egyptian BC first) ......

With regards to your wife, get your student visa, and marriage certificate and apply for her residence. No need to return to Nigeria then get another permit then come back. You can change the status while she's inside, but you will pay the fine for the period she overstayed (which in any case you will have to pay even if she leaves).

If both are Nigerians without legal residence, you will still be able to get a BC for the baby, attest it and register it with the embassy, and get a passport, but you won't be able to get a visa. Only an exit clearance will be granted since neither parent can grant the child a dependant visa.

May Allah bless your child :) Buzz me if you still need any clarifications.

Thanks bro,

I have been living in Egypt since September, 2012. I have never been so lucky yo meet a wonderful Egyptian like you. I will be so glad to meet you in person and be your friend. You are such a wonderful Egyptian with perfect relationship with people.

As regards your advice, honestly the Ministry of Interior of Egypt might not be so friendly especially for we Nigerians due to some of the "bad eggs" among us but that doesn't mean we are all bad. Am scared that hence my wife has been in Egypt since 2010 without legal residence it might result to forced expulsion for her to leave Egypt if we try to change her status. But should in case you have a professional in this field to help us go about about this I won't mind to pay for the service as it will reduce the costs for travel expenses involved in going to our home country to get a new visa for her. Hence am legal with yearly renewable residence and my yet unborn child Insha Allah will have residence through me I wish a pardon for my wife to be re-instated will do us so much good. We love Egypt and we love people like you. When I read your message to my wife, significantly the baby moved happily in her tummy. Its a big surprise and emotional time for us.

Dear Egyptian
i have a question regarding the birth certificate of my child.
My wife is egyptian and baby is American. Im not egyptian but the marriage was done in egypt in the govt. Office of foreign marriages.
My problem is this that my wife needs ti get the Birth certifucate of my child. She.is currently in egypt. She is having the US birth certificate but it has nit been notarized by egyptian embassy in america nor has been.stamped by the state department if US.
With this US birth certificate how can she apply for my childs egyptian birth certificate.
Thankd

When was your child born, pre- or post- July 2004?

In all cases, you need the attestation, ask her to check with the US embassy if they can attest it for her, then she can attest it subsequently from the Egyptian MoFA, but without attestation, any foreign document in Egypt is not even worth the price of paper it's printed on (ancient Egyptian red tape !).

Thanks for the answer.
I dont think US embassy will attest. But will see about that.
On my child passport she is having the egyptian entry visa for one year that was issued in Egyptian Embassy in US. Its written there "um masri" . That mother is egyptian but i think this will not help too.
Take care then.. If you have any idea about this situation let me know. Otherwisr i think i.have to send the birthcertificate to US for attestation. But then again i have ti get egyptian embassy attestation in US for egyptuab mofa to attesr. Am i right??

No. Attestation is a MUST. Either by the Egyptian consulate/embassy in the US, OR by the US Embassy in Cairo followed by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If your kid is born before 24th of July 2004, he's not an Egyptian citizen, and he'll have to apply for naturalisation.

and no, Egyptian consulate/embassy in the US is more than enough. MOFA is required if attestation is done by a foreign embassy in Egypt as a subsequent attestation

You are very right.
My daughter is born in 2011. So she is egyptian. Only problem is this that in order to get birth certificate of her from egypt i think we need to give attested US birth certificate.hmm so the only option is to get it attested from US as im 90.% sure tht U S embassy in cairo wont do.will work on that.
Do you hv any idea If saudi embassy will ask for the egyptian birth certificate of my child at time of applying fir family vusa or will they b ok with US bc only. I think still they will ask for atleast attested bv. Wht is ur opinion!

Saudis are also stuck up on attestation. It must be attested from the Saudi embassy. You have different options

1- Attest it from the US from both Egyptian and Saudi embassies

2- Attest it from the Egyptian embassy, then bring it over, get the Egyptian BC, then attest it from Egyptian MoFA then Saudi embassy in Egypt

Btw, make sure you have other original copies of the BC, because Egyptian MOI will take the attested original and will not give it back

They will accept only the BC from the country of the child's passport. i.e.: if you will get your daughter a family visa on her US Passport (which I HIGHLY recommend. A US Passport goes A LONG WAY in KSA), then they will need the US BC, if you do it on the Egyptian passport, they will need the Egyptian BC

thanks brother.
Ofcourse will use her american passport.
So i think in this ill get the attestation from US.
Should i attest it from saudi embassy in US too or US state department seal will be enough to get the family.visa fir saudi arabia.
Regards

attest TWO ORIGINAL BCs from the US. One from the Egyptian Embassy and the other from Saudi Embassy (because the one attested for Egypt will be taken by MOI to get the Egyptian BC and original won't be returned)

Saudi attestation IS A MUST.

Assalam alikum brother

Sorry for the late reply. Just was very busy and i needed to thank you a lot for giving me the advices that have helped me in reaching the decision.
As i am having only one US birth certificate so I think for now I will concentrate only on the Saudi Attestation.

Lets say i get the Saudi Embassy Attestation from US and my wife goes to the Saudi embassy in Cairo for the visa. For sure she will get the saudi visa stamped on my daughters US passport.

In this scenario will the Saudi object that there is no MOFA egypt stamp on the US birth certificate or the US birth certificate attested by State Department and then attested by Saudi embassy in US will be sufficient for my daughter to get the saudi visa in Egypt... ( i am not using the Egyptian birth certificate)

Regards and thanks million.. Jazak Allah

No need for Egyptian attestation in this case.

Dear friends
I am a colombian woman marriege to Egyptian man, we have our internationational married contract since 2009 and we expect to have our firts child inshaallah, i want to born in Colombia and after one month come back with the baby to Egypt to continuing living her, so please can you tell me whats the procedure to registrer my baby us egyptian with the double nationalaty if the BC is from Colombia, thanks to explain me the steps, also there is any diference if he born in egypt and not in colombia, whats is better for the legal future of my child.
Thanks a lot

paosanabri wrote:

Dear friends
I am a colombian woman marriege to Egyptian man, we have our internationational married contract since 2009 and we expect to have our firts child inshaallah, i want to born in Colombia and after one month come back with the baby to Egypt to continuing living her, so please can you tell me whats the procedure to registrer my baby us egyptian with the double nationalaty if the BC is from Colombia, thanks to explain me the steps, also there is any diference if he born in egypt and not in colombia, whats is better for the legal future of my child.
Thanks a lot

Nothing will be different. All children of Egyptians are Egyptian. Is your marriage registered in Egypt?

You will need to attest the Colombian birth certificate by the Colombian ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Egyptian embassy there as well, then translate it by a certified translator and attest the translation as well

Thanks a lot for your answer our marriege was done in the International cort of marriege in Cairo and registered in colombian embassy, where else I should registrer?
Also please after i born in colombia and do the bc what else I have to do in order to come to egypt again with the Baby and registered here. Thanks a lot you are very helpfull

As stated above, attest the BC by Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and  Egyptian Embassy in Colombia, both original AND translation (English BC is accepted in Egypt, but Spanish isn't)

Thanks for the information and for to sharing your knowlech , only left to know how i do the Bc and registered in Cairo once i come back?

paosanabri wrote:

Thanks for the information and for to sharing your knowlech , only left to know how i do the Bc and registered in Cairo once i come back?

You need to go with your husband to Civil Status Authority main office in Abbaseyya, Cairo and register it. you will need your machine-generated (computerised) marriage certificate, his ID, your passport, and the English fully attested BC ..... it take 2-4 weeks afterwards and then you can print it from any Civil Status office

P.S : your baby needs no visa as long as you show the BC at immigration in Cairo airport. He/she will get a "Of Egyptian origin" free entry stamp

You are amazing, i call many offices and no body give me the information like you, God bless you, one more think where i get my computarised marriege contract, thanks a lot

paosanabri wrote:

You are amazing, i call many offices and no body give me the information like you, God bless you, one more think where i get my computarised marriege contract, thanks a lot

Any civil status authority office ......

Seems your husband doesn't know his own country, paosanabri...

Caty in Cairo wrote:

Seems your husband doesn't know his own country, paosanabri...

Many Egyptians don't just know the ins and outs of all processes

I came to know this when I registered my nephews birth in Egypt ......

Mr Egyptian
Sorry to disturb you but we being in many office in luxor (or have to be in cairo?) and no body know about computarized marriege contract, maybe if you write it to me in arabic we can talk more easy with the people of the office, and you are Wright my husband has cero experience with burocracy in egypt, thats why your help is so value. Thanks

paosanabri wrote:

Mr Egyptian
Sorry to disturb you but we being in many office in luxor (or have to be in cairo?) and no body know about computarized marriege contract, maybe if you write it to me in arabic we can talk more easy with the people of the office, and you are Wright my husband has cero experience with burocracy in egypt, thats why your help is so value. Thanks

قسيمة زواج مميكنة (كمبيوتر)

this is the name of the document. Just go to any civil status office. It looks almost like a computerized birth certificate, but is blue not green

Hi,
I'm wondering why you say that if you have a home birth you are in trouble. Is there anyway that a person that has a home birth can register the child to get a birth certificate?  it has happened to me in America and I have history of short labor, and I was wondering what are my options if it happens again in egypt. For example could I go to the hospital after the child is born and still get the letter I need to register him or her?

Salaam Alaykum,
I am a foreigner living with my non-Egyptian wife and we gave birth to two boys in Egypt. I have obtained there Computer birthday Certificate but I would like to know if there is any Citizen right for me, my wife and my two boys in Egypt? and I would also like to know What the Birth Certificate stand for as we're non-Egyptian?
Thank you!

I will love to know more about what to do, as i have a baby born in Egypt and i already have her Brith certificate with me, but soon my visa and my family visa will be expire, what process i need to go through with my daughter birth certificate to have us a new resident visa in Egypt?

Regard,

Hello! I might late to comment on this message but im still hoping that you will reply my message brother.
Anw, i am filipina married to egyptian man. I just give birth a baby boy 2 week ago here in philippines. Now, im confused  about on how to get a birth certificate for my baby in egyptian consolate? Is it possible that i could  register baby's birth  certificate here in egyptian consolate in philippines? And 1 more thing, can i apply egytian passport  here in philippines for the baby? Pls. Help me. And tell me some information.

Salam brother.. I am a wife of Egyptian and we got married in the Philippines.. planning to move in Egypt and I have my daughter 7 years old..  is there be a problem in issuing visa to my daughter because I put in her birth certificate the surname of my daughter is the third name of her father... or I must change my daughter birth certificate put the last name of her  the full name of her father .. can I get your advice..