Rent or Buy a car? (driving in Kuwait for the first time)

Hello,

What are the advantages of renting/leasing a car, compared to buying one?

Thanks

If you have a plan to stay for a long time, get a car.. if not, rent should be fine..

Hi, Would you recomend leasing a car in Kuwait instead of buying one?
Thanks a lot.
Laszlo

i think bornd's answer suffices for ur question as well lszogeczki

Thank you very much, sorry to bother you but you wrote to bornd:
"If you have a plan to stay for a long time, get a car.. if not, rent should be fine.."
none of them about leasing. In my understanding leasing is a between construction which is very suffivient and financially useful way in some cases. many people chose leasing at their (long term) home in Europe and US. I just thought you know a bit more about Kuwaiti leasing contracts.
Many thanks again,
Laszlo

what i meant was it depends on how long u are staying, if you are staying for a long time then buying is the better option.

leasing is just renting - meaning at the end of the period the car goes back to the rental company; if u buy it u own it, then u can sell it and get a return on ur investment. and selling cars in kuwait is quite easy- my manager is leaving the company and hes already sold his car.

u can pay in installments, which is similar to leasing the car. if u buy it new u pay less interest, if its used u pay more.

what more do u want to know?

Laszlo
Leasing is just renting....
the yard stick is depreciation.
if the leased amount (which will be sum of lease/month+ insurance+ down payment) is less than depreciation over the leased period then lease it else buy it as some vehicles have more depreciation than others or some cars have better resale.

The two sites below will help you to do some number crunching for leasing vs buying.

http://www.aayanauto.com/en/products/ne … dual-leasehttp://kuwait.q8car.com/en/cars/default.aspx

Good luck
Rgds
Waqas

to add to my earlier post:
renting vs leasing vs buying...it all comes down to your personal choice and how you look at it.
every individual has his/her own way of looking at it. there is no right vs wrong or good vs bad....
its all about your satisfaction....do whatever make s u happy and satisfied.....

Rgds and happy life
Waqas

You do realize this post is from 2012, right?

Hmm. .. I saw it on top of the auto section. ...strange....anyways intention was information. .. :)

Hi Waqas,

I appreciated the time taken for your comment. Do you have any idea of some good car rental places where I can find a newer model vehicle for around 50KD/month?

Hi Waqas,

I appreciated the time taken for your comment. Do you have any idea of some good car rental places where I can find a newer model vehicle for around 50KD/month?

I highly doubt you can find anything in that range Jatajohson, most leases start from 100-150 and go up. unless you can entice them with a long term contract, but even then it wouldn't be worth it as you're going below the standard 5KD/day quote.

but, stranger things have happened, i suggest picking up an ad-rag (those magazines given out on weekdays and weekends with ads in them, very colorful), and calling the leasing companies and inquiring.

Cool, very helpful. Thanks!