Homeschooling in Fes

Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if there are any other homeschooling moms in Fes. I have three children ages 7,8 and 9. I would really like for my kids to get to know other children and have other kids to play with. I also wouldn't mind getting together for some classes. I have workbooks for grades 1, 3, and 4. So if anyone is at all interested please let me know!! Thanks

Hi!
I'm moving with my family to Fes in April.
My son is 4 year old and I guess I will have to homeschool him at least for the first year.. At the moment we are preocupied with moving, but once we settle down would be great to meet for a coffee (despite age gap between our kids) :)

Hello,
I'm seriously considering moving back home to Morocco most likely Fes. The only think that's holding me back is my kid's schooling. I have 3 kids; 14, 9 and 7. They all go to public American schools here in the states, and have never tried homeschooling before. I would like to get any Good Insights about Homeschooling in Morocco; issues, advice, helpful resources... anything would be greatly appreciated

Hi, you might want to Look into globalstudentnetwork.com it's an online program I used for my kids while we were living overseas. I have three kids ages 9, 10, and 11. We recently moved back to the USA, but the online schooling worked pretty well for us. The problem for me was getting on a good schedule ( who wants to wake up at 6 am if you don't HAVE to lol ). There is also an American school in Fes, but we were moving between Fes and Saudi Arabia so it wasn't an option for is. It's Called Amicitia. Good luck with your adventure :)

Kris1982 wrote:

Hi, you might want to Look into globalstudentnetwork.com it's an online program I used for my kids while we were living overseas. I have three kids ages 9, 10, and 11. We recently moved back to the USA, but the online schooling worked pretty well for us. The problem for me was getting on a good schedule ( who wants to wake up at 6 am if you don't HAVE to lol ). There is also an American school in Fes, but we were moving between Fes and Saudi Arabia so it wasn't an option for is. It's Called Amicitia. Good luck with your adventure :)

I would be interested to hear why giving Morocco a try and leaving the USA behind (as per the information on your Profile), didn't work.

Thank you Kris1982 very much for taking the time to reply to me. I really appreciate it. I will definitely check globalstudentnetwork.com. The American School is, unfortunately, not an option due to financial restrictions. I wish I could afford it, it would've been the perfect solution  but we'll figure out a way somehow hhh that's why I'm looking into homeschooling.

Xb23, I'm blessed to be here in the USA; this country gave me the opportunity to have a descent and respectful life. I will be forever grateful to this nation and its great people, but I'm beginning to miss my home country, where I grew up, where my family is, my culture……I still have mixed feelings about my decision!!! After giving it a lot of thought, I came to realize that I won't be able to make a final decision until I actually move to morocco and judge for myself.

My comment was directed to Kris1982, as I quoted her. She packed up, moved to Morocco, and now back in the USA, so wanted to know what led her to packup once again and return back home, considering the number of people who tell me how great Morocco is. If it is great, then I wonder why she left it behind.

That's not to say I'm not interested in hearing your reasons for relocating, and since you've posted them, that's great.

What I find strange is, Moroccans in Morocco, not all of course, but I'm confident enough to say, a large majority, would jump at the chance to move to the USA. So I do find it quite strange, someone who has the priviledge to live in the USA, which many would love to have, would decide to move to Morocco. Isn't it a backward step? Especially as you have young kids, as there is no comparison between the education in America, and the one in Morocco. I'm pretty sure if you were living in Morocco, and had the chance to move to the USA, you would probably take it. Hence why I find it strange, and backward, unless I'm missing something?

I do too miss my home country & family. It's nice to be surrounded by them, and living within reach, but then reality sets in, and the things that I take for granted here, it's not found there. Healthcare, employment prospects, education, and other essential services, are just not up to an adequate standard. If I can't find a job there, or lose it in the future, then what?

The idea is nice, but reality is different. I hope you make the right choice!

XB23. I don't think I owe you an explanation about my life choices. You seem pretty hostile against morocco and "Moroccans". Things do not always go as planned. If you want answers from people maybe you should ask nicely and not sund so judgemental.

Mnazha, you really won't know what will happen until you try. Morocco ended up being a really great experience for my family and I will always value what we learned there. You only have one life! do what fills your heart with joy and love!   Life is too short to sit still and miss out on anything. Good luck :)

Kris1982 wrote:

XB23. I don't think I owe you an explanation about my life choices. You seem pretty hostile against morocco and "Moroccans". Things do not always go as planned. If you want answers from people maybe you should ask nicely and not sund so judgemental.

You offered your explanation without being asked to. The other poster asked you about them, that's all, and gave some views. I think you are the one who is coming off as the aggressive and defensive one here.

This topic is about homeschooling abroad, not about my decision to move back to USA. I've seen this persons post before and they are ALL negative and rude.

Kris1982 wrote:

ME wrote:

"I would be interested to hear why giving Morocco a try and leaving the USA behind (as per the information on your Profile), didn't work."

Yeah, that's me NOT asking you nicely. I was very judgemental and hostile! Do you want an apology for asking in that manner? Tell me how to correct it. It was so rude & aggressive, wasn't it.

You're the one being judgemental, immediately responding negatively to me, for no reasons whatsoever, apart from simply based on my name (and thus on comments you see from me around the site). Actually if you have used this site long enough, you will know there are MANY scammers on this forum, and their sole purpose on here is based on ulterior motives. I'm not the only one, and in fact, many have complained about this problem. If I'm hostile to scammers, then so be it.

Oh please, I didn't ask you to explain anything, and I for one, certainly aren't interested in your life choices. I wanted to see if there is something about Morocco, that I didn't know about. People leave for a reason(s). What they are, is what I wanted to learn about. That's all. As simple as that.

Kris1982 wrote:

This topic is about homeschooling abroad, not about my decision to move back to USA. I've seen this persons post before and they are ALL negative and rude.

Mnazha posted about her interest to move from the USA to Morocco. You did the same in the past, but ended up back in the USA. I read those comments, and replied accordingly. It should be of interest to her, why someone who was in the same position in the past, ended up returning. Maybe one of the reasons was education! Thus I joined the conversation. So I'm NOT being off-topic! If you don't want me part of it, no problem! Actually lets put a stop to it right now. No more comments directed at the other. Cheerio  :cheers:

Exactly what I think Kris. Life is indeed short! Our days are numbered and if you don't use them, they will be gone forever and there is no coming back. I don't want to have any regrets or unfulfilled dreams and settling back home is one of my wishes. I'm aware of how challenging the transition would be even if it's 'home', I'm sure it will take time to get back into the rhythm of life at home, but, Despite all this I'm still willing to take the risk. I'm truly hoping it would work out, if it doesn't, I can only learn from it and move back to my second home USA. After all, we are in ultimate control of ourselves, right? :)

Oh I'm sorry XB23! I don't know how I thought you were addressing me, you clearly quoted Kris1982. Believe me I know how hard it would be to settle in Morocco. Making a transition to any another country even if it's home as I mentioned in my reply to Kris is often difficult. Just as it took some time for us to adjust to life in the US, it will take time to get back into the rhythm of life at home. The standards of living in the US are, without doubt, soo much better and I'm aware of that but I guess it depends on what your definition of better is and what aspects of life you're looking at. To me, having a good quality life means being happy, having that sense of belonging, being surrounded by own family,culture…… These small things that may or may not seem important to you or somebody else are so essential to my family. the bliss my kids and I find in Morocco is magical!!!!

mnazha wrote:

Oh I'm sorry XB23! I don't know how I thought you were addressing me, you clearly quoted Kris1982. Believe me I know how hard it would be to settle in Morocco. Making a transition to any another country even if it's home as I mentioned in my reply to Kris is often difficult. Just as it took some time for us to adjust to life in the US, it will take time to get back into the rhythm of life at home. The standards of living in the US are, without doubt, soo much better and I'm aware of that but I guess it depends on what your definition of better is and what aspects of life you're looking at. To me, having a good quality life means being happy, having that sense of belonging, being surrounded by own family,culture…… These small things that may or may not seem important to you or somebody else are so essential to my family. the bliss my kids and I find in Morocco is magical!!!!

Hi,

No need to be sorry! Anyway, as you mentioned, life is short. You would have to spend time looking for work, sorting out their education, sorting out other things. All this takes up a lot of your time. At the moment it's sorted for you. So if it doesn't work out, then that time you spent won't be ever coming back. So you have to look at it that way too. Whether it's worth the risk, as the consequences is a lot of time that can't be recovered.

Hi,

I saw you post and even though it was 2 years ago, I want to ask you if you are still there?
I just arrived in Ifrane, I have 3 kids and I am homeschooling. I need info on just about everything!

Thanks

Veronique

Hi,

Would you be interested of having an homeschooling facebook page so we can exchange information. Or is there already one?

Hi Veronique,
I've actually  had to move back to the states due to some personal family matters. My plan is to return to Fes in August :). I Homeschooled through an online program called global student network. I am not  currently homeschooling, and I am looking into the American school in Fes for when we return. Good Luck on your Moroccan adventure!

Hi there,
I too hope to move to Fez, Meknes or Ifrane in June. My children speak English and some French so I think I may need to home school. I am looking for others who maybe have children of a similar age, or if you know of a reasonably priced English school.
I used to live there before but want to move back now. It would be nice to get to know others with children. Mine are 12 and 15.

Many thanks

Hi Veronique!
My family and I are looking in to moving (back) to morocco and pssibly Fes with  a 4 yr old and a baby. My husband is from Casablanca and I met him while living in Morocco 10 years ago but of course we didn't have kids then and everything was very different. I am now considering homeschooling bc the American/international private schools are not financially feasible at this time. I know our kids are different ages but I just thought I would speak up so we can be connected if we can help each other in the future. We could arrive anytime in the next three to six months. Working on our plans now. Are you working at the uni in Ifrane? I have spent a little time in Ifrane. Lovely place.

Hi All,

For women looking to connect with other ladies currently in Morocco if you're on facebook you may way to join this group: American and English Speaking Women living in Morocco.  I know a few of the ladies in that group do homeschool their children though they may be in other cities across the country.  It may be a good start to forming a homeschooling network/support group though.  There are also other groups by city that you can join as well though I don't know the names of all of them.  It's a very active group and while the bulk of them live in Casa there are a few that I know for a fact are in Meknes.

Hope this helps