Will pregnancy affect my PR result?

Hi All,

I am not yet expatriate but have applied for NZ Skill Migration PR. Case officer has been assigned to my application in June 2012. On Aug 17th, I got to know that im pregnant. It was really a surprise for me but my concern is, will my pregnancy affect my PR application processing? 
P.S. well my husband is main applicant of our application.

Regards,

Parus

Mmmmm thats a hard question to answer. In short....it might. My reasoning behind this is that some years ago a Japanese woman gave birth to a child and unfortunately the child died. She cried abuse and negligence on the medical staff and really all it did was cast a dark shadow over her and what her real motivation was. The way it looked was that she chose to give birth to a new "New Zealander" thereby gaining automatic permanent residence. I know this is not you, but it would be wise to declare it and be totally upfront in your application. The immigration might suggest you delay your move to New Zealand once the child is born in your own country. Since that event the immigration department are perhaps being a lot more careful and thorough. If you didn't declare it, then you may get deported after trying to gain access to NZ's medical system. Perhaps if you had private insurance for a year prior to arriving, that would put you in a much better light as far as immigration policies are concerned.

thanks kiwiinkorea,

I have informed my Case Officer and he replied in positive manner :) . thanks for ur response

how long does it take case officer to give a decision on application, provided nothing is missing there? can u guide?