SA Law- applying for a work permit while in SA on a tourist visa

Hi there

Can anyone please help me clarify that it is still possible to apply for a work or study permit while in SA on a tourist visa?

I know that the law was meant to change and people would have to apply in their own countries but I don't think this has come into effect yet?

Please help

Thanks
Jess

Hi Everyone
I have found out that anyone can apply for a work permit once in the country, but my next question is about the medical and radiology reports, can my partner acquire these in South Africa or must this be done in his home country. Please help.
Thank you
Jessica

Jessica, I think it depends on where you come from. I mean those reports must be in English. The other things is how much you pay in your home country. So basically if you're from the UK or USA you can make it in your home country but on the other hand it could be cheaper in SA. I paid R400 for an X-ray report and appr. R360 for a medical report in SA.

P.S. If you make it home dont forget to get the forms for the reports from the Internet.

Yes, that's right, the medical reports are easily obtainable from a number of doctors/hospitals, and they usually know what to do if you tell them it is for an immigration application.

Please DM me if you require any free advice to  help you in submitting your application.