Vaccination to visit Tanzania

Hi ,I would like to ask what vaccination cert do I need for the visit to Tanzania ?
what is the best place to stay in Dar es salaam ?

Thanks

Hello Lioncity.

Welcome to Ewxpat Blog! :)

Hope you'll soon be advised by other members.

In meantime, do not hesitate to go through the other threads on the Dar es Salaam froum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

How are you? as to my experience, if you had all the necessary vaccines at your childhood, you may safely come and live in Tanzania, but for more safety you may check on malaria vaccines if provided in your country.
Many places in Dar es salaam are safe provided that you don't bother people, but coz you are new to the region then try to check on Mbezi, Kinondoni, Masaki, Msasani, Oysterbay, Upanga or Tabata. thanks.
Welcome to Tanzania!

Yellow fever vaccination is required. If you do not have this then on your return to your country of residence you may be placed in quarantine for 10 days.

Thanks a lot for all replies,I just got my vaccines this morning that included yellow fever ,Influenza and Hepatitis A ,the cert. stated after 10 days then it becomes valid ,anyway,I must travel after 10 days.

I would check out all those places mentioned ,Thanks again.

Rgds
Godwin

(Moderated: Please avoid copy/paste on the forum)

Hi there!

In terms of vaccine certifications, I would reiterate the importance of Yellow Fever. Immigration officials do ask to see your yellow card and check for that one. Otherwise, my husband and I got typhoid and rabies, since we will be traveling out to rural areas. Two doses of Hep. A and three doses of Hep. B are highly recommended as well as a fresh Meningitis shot, which is needed every 7 years in order to stay current.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions. We are well versed in vaccines. :)
Ashley
leenhome.blogspot.com

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for the useful information :)

As you posted on an old thread, you are not targeting many members.

It would be best if you could start a new discussion in order to share your experience and information. This might be very helpful.

Thank you,

Hasnaa