hi:-) i am new to this...looking at options to relocate to Reunion, any advice?

Hi and welcome fernf!

Maybe you should tell a bit more about yourself.
What do you want to do in Reunion?

Regards
Armand

hello fernf and armand ! :)

my first suggestion for you is to learn some french before moving to reunion, it would really really help a lot.

i just saw someone said in this forum that they cannot find any job offer with google, because it's all in french ;) i found this site for job offers which is not bad at all --> domtomjob.com (in french, don't forget..) ;)

Cheers ! ^_____^

hi Armand and Bonnsaikitty:-) thank you for your comments. i think it's a good idea to learn some French, i gathered that it might be difficult without it.
@Armand: i am 26,  a single mother with a beautiful baby boy! i am a qualified Hypnotherapist and Reiki Master, I also do massage and Regression Therapy. so if i could find something in that field it would be ideal, although i have working experience in Sales and Marketing, Administration and Reception. i am willing to do anything really:-)
x

fernf wrote:

hi Armand and Bonnsaikitty:-) thank you for your comments. i think it's a good idea to learn some French, i gathered that it might be difficult without it.
@Armand: i am 26,  a single mother with a beautiful baby boy! i am a qualified Hypnotherapist and Reiki Master, I also do massage and Regression Therapy. so if i could find something in that field it would be ideal, although i have working experience in Sales and Marketing, Administration and Reception. i am willing to do anything really:-)
x

Hello!

There is quite a demand for both hypnotherapy & reiki here (I recently saw a hypnotherapist for a phobia & it took me ages to find someone as there aren't many).
I would say it would be interesting for you to sign up as an 'auto-entrepreneur', which makes you self employed & able to offer your services at people's houses. It takes about 10mins to sign up online & is quite simple. It's not always easy to find a job here, but if you work for yourself there's a lot of demand.

Don't hesitate with more Qs, & if you come here let me know! I also have a baby boy, am interested in alternative therapies & love meeting new friends.

hi Pitaya
oh wow, i am very interested to hear that!!! what would it take to actually move there? do you know anything about visas or work permits, and what about housing and cost of living? are there schools on the island?

It depends which citizenship(s) you have.

Because it's a part of France, immigration laws are the same as France, so no problem if you're a hold a citizenship from a European country. In other cases, you might have more answers on the forum for France or with your nearest French embassy ;)

hi Julien.
i qualify for an ancestral UK visa...does that count or does it have to be citizenship?

Last time I checked, you needed a specific visa for Reunion Island since it's not in Schengen visa zone.

But you'd better check with your nearest French embassy in case this had changed (there was discussion about Reunion joining Schengen in 2010).

However, UK is also not in Schengen if I recall correctly, so I'm not sure their visas work in Schengen or not (to be checked with a British embassy).

Closed