Nursing liscence

how does an international (African ) trained nurse  get a nursing liscence to practice in Malta. also what are the necessary requirements to get a nursing job in Malta. any help rendered is appreciated

Hi oluch,

welcome to the forum.

The following link gives you the details of the registration process as a nurse in Malta:

http://www.sahha.gov.mt/showdoc.aspx?id … nurses.pdf

As a non-EU citizen you will only be allowed to register as a nurse if you have a work permit or if your future employer has applied for your work permit. You cannot apply for a work permit yourself. You are not allowed to practice as self-employed.

You should also check out work permit requirements and residency issues for non-EU citizens.

Cheers
Ricky

HI RIKKY
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.
I really appreciate it. thats quite a difficult task ahead for me anyway, thanks for your support
pamela

Hi Pamela,

the job search might be difficult!

The two main employers are either Mater Dei hospital that is run by the state and the private hospital St. James.

The state usually issues tenders for a number of nurses when necessary. These jobs are filled with young Maltese graduates or EU nurses.

St. James only accepts applications from non EU nurses for its hospital in Libya as far as I know.

What is your motivation to look at Malta for work as a nurse? I know other EU countries usually have shortages of well-trained nurses. Malta has a national health system so employment is always connected to budgetary issues.

Cheers
Ricky

i have thought about other places in europe but they all require you to know how to speak their language. although i am willing to learn any language for any period of time  before i get a job or further my education. but i found out Malta speaks English so i thought it would be a bit easier. but if you have any options for me i would be grateful to receive it and make adjustments, thanks for the concern

Write to the
Ministry Of Health
Merchants Street
Valletta
Malta.

Give them your credentials and ask for information.
I am a paramedic working with the Health Division in Malta

All the best
Eileen

You can initially come as a student, then if they employ you, youu will be able to present their acceptance when you go for the working permit. Working permit is given only after you find someone to employ you
Regards

The Malta Nursing Council is now at St Lukes Hospital, G'Mangia Hill, G'Mangia Malta.  The lady I have been in contact with Is Ms Claudette DEBONO FARRUGIA.

I went to Valletta (Merchant Street) with all my nursing papers, as it said on the website only to find a note on the door to say they had moved to St Luke's Hospital.

Regards
Lesley

eilrit wrote:

Write to the
Ministry Of Health
Merchants Street
Valletta
Malta.

Give them your credentials and ask for information.
I am a paramedic working with the Health Division in Malta

All the best
Eileen

who specifically do i address it to and do they have email or must it be by post

Lesleyc wrote:

The Malta Nursing Council is now at St Lukes Hospital, G'Mangia Hill, G'Mangia Malta.  The lady I have been in contact with Is Ms Claudette DEBONO FARRUGIA.

I went to Valletta (Merchant Street) with all my nursing papers, as it said on the website only to find a note on the door to say they had moved to St Luke's Hospital.

Regards
Lesley

if you get additional information fromst Lukes, please keep me posted

just address it to
Human Resources

eilrit wrote:

just address it to Human Resources

should it be sent by email or by post

I would sent it by registered post

ok thanks so much

u r welcome... should u need  ( conevnient and close to hospital)lodging, let me know .. tc

eilrit wrote:

u r welcome... should u need  ( conevnient and close to hospital)lodging, let me know .. tc

Ohhhh thats so thoughtful  of you. if i ever plan to come i will let you know. thanks a million times

welcome

Hi everyone
Hope your all well.

I'm looking to hopefully get across to work and live in Malta in May 15.
I'm a uk RCN PICU but also work for the ambulance service as an ihcd tech.
My hubby is a paramedic.

I'm pregnant at the min, due end of oct14. Would be hoping for a job in either role, but would have to be part time for baby.

Eileen, as a paramedic, what role do you have in Malta? My hubby has done a lot of teaching out there, but doesn't really know what his options are? Any suggestions?

Thanks all in advance for any tips and advice,
Kindest regards
Hana and huge bump xx

Good day! This is Maureen..I am currently employed as a nurse here in Libya, with an aggregate nursing experience of three years... I was informed that there are job offers for Nurses in Malta... In connection with this, I would like to know how to acquire a license as a nurse from the said country, and how possible would it be to get a working visa ... I would also appreciate much to know how to determine a legit recruiting agency in the country...thanks a lot and more power..

Hi Hana

Did you get any info about ambulance work / paramedics in Malta?

Louise