Hello to everyone!

Hi I'm Luke, 26 yrs old from England.

Recently moved to Luxembourg with my girlfriend (who is Luxembourgish) and enjoying myself so far. Have met a few people but would like to meet some more to chat with and possibly meet up and go for a drink.

Unfortunately I can't speak Luxembourgish, German or French. I am trying to learn German at the moment and pick up some Lux along the way. Which makes finding a job quite a challenge too, if anyone knows some places that might hire someone who can only speak English please let me know that would be great. I know that might be very few, if any.

Thanks everyone :)

Hi Luke and welcome to the forum!

Hope that you'll get a lot of new contacts here.;)

You're willing to work in which sector?

Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie,

Thanks, I hope I do get some contacts it'll be nice to meet some new people.

I'm will to work any where really, I've worked in a lot of differnet places and I've just started working as a freelance designer for an advertising company here in Luxembourg.

Which is great!

Hi Luke,
My name is Silke, I am German and I recently joined the Expat.com as I also moved to Luxemburg and I am searching for some new people to go out with.
As I am working in the financial sector, I donŽt know very many people of in the marketing sector, but if I hear something, IŽll let you know.

Cheers,
Silke

Hi Luke,

Welcome to Luxembourg.  I've been here for a while. so if you want to meet for lunch sometime let me know :-)

I've meet alot of really nice people over here though a few sights. So if you are stuck let me know and I'll try and help :-)

all the best

Colin :-)

Hi Silke, Hi Colin,

Hope your doing well? Sorry haven't replied sooner I just come back from England.

It would be good to  meet up with you both at some point for a bite to eat or a drink? be good to chat and find some good places to go out.

And thanks Colin if I do get a bit stuck (which I'm sure I will) then I know where I can ask for some help, that's great.

Chat soon :-D

Hello all,

I work in Luxembourg for more than a year (live at the border in Belgium)…I also met some nice people here, I have some friends but I'm always open to make new contacts, friends… So maybe we can meet for a drink, dinner, lunch whatever… maybe we can identify some come activities…

Cheers,
Razvan

Hello to everyone,

I am not an expat, (but almost had a chance to be one in Greece), I am a “local” French guy, living in France just across the Lux border, and I wanted to drop a message on the Lux forum for months, but didn't really get a chance to do it. Finally the day has come !!  :)

Small introduction :
My name is Victor, I'm 27 years old I have been working in sales for 2 years now, and I used to work in Human Ressources before. I like music, no I love music, meeting people, movies, drinks, and the most important thing : laugh !! :D

I had the chance to live in the US for a year, so I can imagine how tough it is, to arrive in a new country, where you have no idea where you are, and when you don't really speak the same language !!!
It's always nice to meet new people from all around the world, to exchange cultures and to share things, so if you guys want to meet for a coffee, drinks, meal, movies... there are plenty of things to do, then let's go for it !! :)

Cheers and have a great weekend
V

Hi people

If anyone is free on thursday check out this topic here (it's on expat-blog) https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=197108

Laters

Hi Luke,

Sorry for not replying earlier. Unfortunately, I was stucked by work and then had a bad cold. :-(
Next time I will definitely join. :-)

Have a nice day
Silke

Hi young man how r you I read your quote but unfortunately I'm not there now I'm at Rome in Italy ,actually I'm very interest to come to Luxembourg but nobody is there so oif I want would you. Help anything,,if possible plz email me ( [email protected] ) plz help me something,,,,,bye Good Night ,,,God Bless You,,,,,,,

Hello xabi zah,

Welcome to expat-blog,

If you have questions you are welcome to start a new thread on forum luxembourg.

Melissa