Pensionado program - does it exist? At $850/m gives Perm. Residency?

I read about this program on another website which apparently found to be scammers.  So, i'm Looking4answers.

1. Is there a Guatemala Pensionado program?  Website link please ____  (i searched but could not find)

2. Is the financial requirement to show only $850/month income, in order to receive Permanent Residency?

3. Is it true, after 2 years can apply for Citizenship and receive it within 3-6 months?     Anyone with first hand experience?

4. the (questionable) website mentioning this program lists a price $7,500 to 8,000 to handle obtaining the Pensionado status / Residency. 
I figure... go to the government office (or find the form on internet) fill it out, submit it with typical documents, wait for answer.

Many thanks for any help you may provide.

Dear Sir,

Guatemala gives the opportunity to the pensionado to retire here.. I don't know if you can call it a "pensionado program" .
Question 1 Here is the link to the Migration Web site.
Website of Guatemalan Immigration Services
Question 2
It says that anybody with an income of $ 1,000 coming from outside Guatemala can ask to get the category of Pensionado o Rentista.
Question 3
You don't need the temporary residency to get the pensionado or rentista category it is 2 different things.
Question 4
Way to expensive I know people that did it for around $ 1000.00 and some for much less if you are willing to go yourself to do the paper work...

On the site page you will find what you need to provide to start the process.
Let me know if it helps
Best
Armand

What do you get for having this status? Is it worth it?

I don't think you need to pay someone, you just need to go to the government office and apply for it. Show them proof of your income, and there you go...

Oh it will cost you time and lawyers fees but you missed my whole question!
"What do you get for having this status? Is it worth it?"

I didn't miss anything; I was speaking to the original poster's questions.

@nabashalam- you may start a new topic on the Guatemala forum. Thank you.

What you get with the pensionado status is the authorization to leave permanently in Guatemala without having to go out every six months. You get to have a Guatemalan driving license.
And if you pay tax in the US it gives you also access to special tax deduction for living outside the US.

And to live permanently in GT is a great idea, so the residency is a plus!

All income produced off shore from GT is tax free, so there are tax benefits to this as well.

Armand.  Do you have any other info on the benefits, like importing your stuff from the US?

When you import your house hold you get tax importation exemption but you have to make a list of everything and you have to price them.. as if they think you under value it they might tax you.. And I would recommend to consult prior to import anything to consult with a custom agent to make sure you are doing the right thing..
Either than that not much more benefit...

Nous sommes interessés par une installation au guatemala.Pourrions nous communiquer sur le net pour nous faire part de votre expérience?
Merci pour votre réponse.
Antonio Mena

I have my DPI now.  I know I can bring some household goods.  How much, I am uncertain. 
What about a car duty free?
And do you have a number of some one in customs that speaks english?

thanks, John