Moving from Adelaide to perth

Hi guys, been living in Adelaide for six years, now have the opportunity to move to Perth. Only one problem, my 15 year old girl is adamant she is not going.  Any advice?
Will appreciate all comments.
Thanks.
Karen.

Hi Karen!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Karen,

I understand what your daughter is feeling. We are having a 15 year old son and we were looking to move to another suburb in Perth. Our son was ok with it as long as he could catch the bus to school with his mates, so we have to look into house on the busline. We have moved a few times when the kids were younger, as soon as they go to high school they are not willing to move anymore as they made their friends. I don't say that you should not go because people are moving around a lot in Australia. My collegue moved when her daughter was 13 and she survived! Maybe she just needs time to adjust to the idea of moving to another state. Why does she not want to move?
Mirelle:)

Hi Karen,

She (or maybe together) can search for friends on the internet. Take a look at meetup.com or some other website's.
It's also good to search for a school before you're moving to Perth and let her feel comfortably. You also can visit Perth together before moving and have a look at some houses and suburbs. And take here to the beach She's going to love that!

Regards, Jessica