New in Dublin, searching for new friends!

Hey everyone! I am from Sweden and will be relocating to Dublin in 2 weeks time to do an internship at mgi recruitment! I donŽt know much about Dublin or Ireland so would be great to get to know new people there! :-) Also if anyone knows something about where I could find accomodation please let me know. I will be working in Dublin 1 so any place around there would be best I think. I have been checking on daft.ie but I guess they prefer if you are there to check the place before you can move in?

please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Isabell

Hi Isabell,

Welcome to Expat.com.

You don't have to be worried for acommodations and especially on daft.ie It's the website the most used. All the announces are frequently checked to optimize the security for the users but you must always be cautious :)

Some lan lords are agree to book you a room or appartment even if you cannot be in Dublin immediately. It really depends. It's true that some of them would prefer that you're already here but it's 50-50 ^^

When I took my first accomadation when I arrived in Dublin, I did everything by internet from Paris, the lan lord was agree to keep me the room.

The only risk for you is if finally when you came to see the house it's not really what you were expecting but it would simply mean that you would have to look for another accomadation.

Nothing forbids you to build up on your side a list of appartments before to come in Ireland and then once you're there, you will be able to make your choice during your visits trip ;)

Best of luck =)

Kind Regards,

Portgas D. Ace
(R.)

Hi Isabell,
You might be in Dublin already but just in case daft.ie and myhome.ie would be the best places alright, as portgas d Ace mentions you can always stay in a B&B, hotel, hostel while you're looking for somewhere, you should be able to find somewhere decent pretty fast, landlords will expect a month rent as a deposit so it's sometimes helpful to have that amount ready so that if you find somewhere you like you can have it straight away. I lived in D1 for a long time and now I'm on the border in D7. Not to stigmatize any area but there are some areas in D1 which wouldn't be considered the safest so just be aware of that. D1 is the center and all buses will stop there so you could look for somewhere along D2, D7, D3. I would advise you D7 it is close and there are lovely areas (drumcondra, phibsboro,smithfield...) hope that was helpful, don't hesitate to send me a message if you need any more info.
A

Hey! I will be in Dubling for a couple of weeks, and i won't know anybody. I'll shoot you an email. Have a good day!

Ok,thank you

hello All! I am new in Dublin but already trying to experience as much as possible! Any ideas?