Moving to Mas' from Perth WA

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum(or an other for that matter). We (family of 3)are planning a move from Western Australia to Mas' early 2012. We plan to bring all our furniture with us, has anyone had experience moving furniture from here to there? Can you advise of the associated cost/company/experience you had when moving?

I look forward from learning!

Perth

Hello Perth.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can consult our Moving partner for a free quote.

Thank you,
Aurélie

We moved our furniture from storage in Malaysia to Houston and had no issues, I don't know the cost as it was covered by my employer but it was a simple process. I needed to fill in a couple of forms for the customs clearance one was a declaration for free entry of unaccompanied articles don't recall the name of the second one but it was to do with not releasing detials of our shipment as under current US law, accredited representatives of the press are allowed to examine, copy, and publish certain vessel manifest and summary statistical information on imports and exports.  This information includes data elements such as the names, addresses, passport numbers.

Thanks for your help. Moving from Perth sure is expensive, we are looking at $10,000 AUD to send a 20 foot container!

[Moderated]

Sometimes it is best to keep only the essentials and sell the rest before making the move. Once in the USA you can surely put that 10,000.00 to good use and replace all you got rid of.