AETG

Sorry that you are going through this. I too got a contract from AETG, no interview, a contract arrived in the post. They were always reluctant to answer questions. I am in Saudi with Al Khaleej and have been here a month. So far the job is okay, though I am having some issues with the Iqama being issued. Why not try to apply to Adwaarabia, they are very good. AETG have so many negative comments on forums I am surprised anyone would want to work for them.

I could not said any better than Veronica87. Also like to add the female compound manager will also report to the men's branch since her husband works there and has close ties with management there. Don't trust her, she will tell you lies after lies...People who live in Al Murooj are generally nice, but still there are horror stories of insane past residents.

Also the new curfew for the compound is like 1am in the morning, and the security will fight you very hard to NOT let you in...

Even if they give you an Iqama, think twice before you sign an contract with them. If you want to work for PNU, go for direct hire. Sure the residents are abit far(close to the airport), but it's a much better package...

I can honestly say that most of the negative comments that have been said over the last few days are true. The company as gone from bad to worse and it had become a nightmare to work there. They have been swindling all the teachers out of money, anything they possibly can, including myself.

They are rude and have no regard for any human. I have personally seen the suffering of teachers which has gone from bad to worse. If it isn't one thing, it's another. I don't even know where to start...

Honestly

KEEP AWAY FROM THEM

I agree with Veronica.....It's even worse than mentioned here.

They used to be okay with paying people what they were owed(I'm told) but this is no longer the case. A couple of months ago the whole management of the ladies branch resigned, they have been replaced by people who have no idea about running the place, and don't pay any attention to what the teachers have to say or are going through.

The new woman in charge is a complete brute, has no people skills and has made teachers' lives so difficult that everyone is leaving. AETG don't care at all, they have been deducting money out of teachers' last cheques.

At the men's academy, four heads of english department have left in the space of one year. AETG don't honour anything in the contracts. They will not issue anyone multiple exit/re-entry visas because so many teachers are going on holidays and not returning. If any teachers want to leave Saudi even in public holidays they are being made to get a guarantor who has to be an AETG employee who will agree to forfeit 2months wage in case the teacher on holiday doesn't return.

Also they will refuse to pay you for public paid holidays if you go outside the country, which i am sure is against some law.
And if you want to leave before your year contract finishes you will have to work for a month unpaid, or pay them a month salary and buy your own ticket.

I know of teachers who weren't paid the last salary owed to them even when they agreed to work one month unpaid, and some had to even hire lawyers to get their last paychecks, which were duly paid once the lawyers got in touch with AETG.
Oh! its never ending......... I can just go on forever..........

They will try to tell you how things have changed and they are willing to make changes, but its all just lies and more lies.

I hope you guys are posting all this on other Teachers' sites (like www.eslcafe.com).

Best of luck.

Oh wow, I knew things were bad, but i didn't know they are this bad. If they want teachers to stop leaving maybe they should consider change how they manage things there. This whole not paying for holiday thing is new to me, I guess they must've implemented to prevent people from leaving, but by doing so is only going to make  things worse

I think they are lumping the Eid vacations along with the yearly vacation, and advertising the vacation as two months.

There's no free gym membership. Even for men.

No mention of the split shifts

thats the recruiter that recruited me...he is nice, but not that informative, also he works at AETG when he is not busy recruiting

I have heard (from people he recruited) that the teachers he recruited are the least paid. In fact, they are given peanuts. He lies about what to expect in Saudi and how they will treat you etc...He promises things that are not true. Also, he has recently been fired by AETG.

well I can say that he definitely lied about the whole "you'll get your iqama thing"...wow cant believe he got fired...

It would appear he's started his own company, 'Wise Teaching,' advertising as owner/manager/recruiter in Saudi Arabia.

ok so im off shortly with SBC to start at PNU and want to know about the compound and about SBC what to expect and not to expect and hopefully positive things if there are any,  as much of the threads are a bit scary to be honest. I will go on a business visa and try my luck for a year for the iquama etc inshallah - Ive read about the pitfalls.... Im an MA Eng Lit with Celta and also a writer looking to save money, learn something new about myself hopefully and get writing input.  Im mostly a free-lance coach with lots of experience training and coaching. and working for myself.

teachalot wrote:

ok so im off shortly with SBC to start at PNU and want to know about the compound and about SBC what to expect and not to expect and hopefully positive things if there are any,  as much of the threads are a bit scary to be honest. I will go on a business visa and try my luck for a year for the iquama etc inshallah - Ive read about the pitfalls.... Im an MA Eng Lit with Celta and also a writer looking to save money, learn something new about myself hopefully and get writing input.  Im mostly a free-lance coach with lots of experience training and coaching. and working for myself.

This is a thread about AETG, not SBC.

AETG hit the Eid holiday break and people are stressed out and posting things just before it in a stressed out mood. Perhaps they won't return after their break, who knows. 50% of those who go to China never finish their contracts as they hit 'culture shock' and just have to get over it.

Whether the aforementioned issues are actually 100% real or not is going to be for present/future employees to decide on. I for one can see the errors in the details, but I won't condemn, demographics being what they are.

I agree with you rintaro, it would be great to get more info about the company offerings to maybe see a bit for ourselves. Ive also been offered a contract and my research was going well until i bumped into numerous bad comments. Looking for more info please male teachers at aetg!

Run Forrest, run.

I agreed with all the negative things mentioned about AETG. Even decent Saudi managers and other Saudi employees quit the job as they didn't  want to take the blame from foreign teachers. The housing care-taker is from sudan ( she works illegally under her hsuband's iqama, her daughter used to work at Al Murooj clinic under table illegally) and her husband works (don't know still or not), there  as a secretary for the HR managers. this sudani secretary had access to all female teachers and their info. His wife , sudani woman would ask money and gifts from American and other teachers, borrow money ( it was more like extortion) for teachers who used to go out drinking at parties, coming back to compound late etc..She has such resentment for G 5 countries teachers who earn good salary, and she thinks she has rights to extort. I have seen abuse of western teachers and Saudi teachers by this company in local  English newspapers since 2009, 2010,2011,2012, 2013, still 2014 on websites they r such a bad news, AETG lost all contracts they r still bad name to all Saudi universities and all foreign teachers. I wonder why the owner of this company desperately needs money this way and trouble any one??? I am writing this comment so that someone can make sense to this company ro some responsible people or the owner. There are many good ways to earn the honest living, not by cheating, lying, making fasle reports and information about teachers, and extorting money by deducting 2 month salary for quitting or final exit. May God help this owner of AETG to see the light.

I've been with the company for a little bit. Havn't had issues like any mentioned above, but hey, I've got 9 more months. Got my paperwork all sorted when I landed and havn't had any pay issues. Housing is modest and bug free.
Guess I'll just keep the stick on the ice and drink my coffee.

Hi Canadian Timmy,
Glad to hear they have been treating you well. If you are in your second or third month, they would not do anything, just to see what they can do to you.  Pls drop us a line  before your contract expires, would they give you all your rights and dues, or  they force you to leave the country and ban you   for 5 years with  a false complaint?I don't know if you are a m or f. AETG especially abused  foreign female teachers more than they did  to males. One thing could be that AETG hires unqualified unprofessional local or arab ( Non-GCC) females to do the management and these women have issues with educated globetrotting English teachers from G5 countries. Local males are not that jealous toward foreign males from G-5 countries.. women will keep calling you and discriminate you " kufr kufr etc"  At this moment , AETG has no choice but to behave , there have been  a big black cloud over their head, since they have been having complaints after complaints at Police station,Labor office and courts So, people like you are enjoying/can enjoy  the good treatment from AETg, because those teachers made complaints after complaints of thefts of properties from housing, sexual molestation, threats, intimidation, asking for relationship,  robbery in a form of not paying airfare or due salaries, forced eviction from the housing,  ignoring complaints and requests from government offices to lengthen the suffering of foreigners. . etc.  so shocked to see a  company called Al- Faisal   ( is it something to do with Alfaisalia tower? Alfaisal University, King AL faisal of Saudi Arabia?) lacking business management skills. Good luck

@canadian_timmy i cant reply to ur message coz ur inbox is full... erase some messages or give me ur email id please

Has anyone else heard anything new about this company recently?  I have also had an offer from this company and as a female I wonder if this is something I want to be a part of.  Since most of the information is old I don't know if anything has changed.  Does anyone know?

I signed an "offer letter" with AETG a few days ago and just now seeing all these pages and different websites with all the negativity about them. The recruiter Mr Wise was very upfront with me with all sorts of things. One being there were no Iquama's available.  I would be going on a temporary work visa. Good for 90 days and the first renewal is in country.  At month 6 & 9 they fly you with pre-paid ticket in hand to Muscat, Oman or Dubai for the 4-5 mini vacation and the re-newal stamp.  This is one of the questions I asked them directly and this is the answer I was given back: "How long does it take to get an exit visa and is this mandatory to leave the country?  I ask this as what do you do in case of a family emergency?"
​    (No you shall not need an Exit visa because you shall have a Work Visit Visa which allows to leave and re-enter KSA anytime you want )
I was told I would have a single apartment. But now that I am re-reading their answers to me, I was never told directly that I would have an apartment of my own except by the recruiter. This is another excerpt from the questioning to AETG as follows........"Could you please send me a few pictures of the apartment.  Could you describe it, ie. fridge, cooking stove, microwave, curtains, etc..."
​       (the apartment has fridge,cooking stove (electric) microwave, washing machine and off course curtains because it is a normal human habitat and these
         are normal things we use . We cannot enter the apartment building as it has females instructors in there and our male photographer will not be allowed in, the building located in the North of Riyadh called AlNaful District conveniently located from a Carrefour hypermarket)
​ 
Is this on a compound? Or a single family dwelling
​       ( it is an apartment building dedicated for our western Staff )
Now I am thinking it is a private bedroom with  a common place where the kitchen and living room are.  I am too old for that type of college living stuff. That's a deal breaker right there for me.
  I just sent an email to AETG and will wait for their response.  Stand by for an update.