Maximum stay in the USA

I am a uk national and looking to buy a house in california , my questions are ,

1 how long can I stay in the US in any one year , I know each tourist visa gives me 90 days but is it possible to leave for just a few days and then come back in for another 90 ?

2 does owning a property in the us alter my visa status

3 what options are there to get a longer stay visa

Appreciate your feedback on this ,

Thanks

Hello Englishrob.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The US expat guide might help. You should download and read it.

Hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Rob,
I don't know if owning a house helps with Visas but years ago I worked in lending. We worked with several different banks and only a few had programs for people here on a Visa. I do not remember which Visas made the cut. Things may have changed but I do think the Visa comes before the house. Again, to say underwriting guidelines have changed a lot in the last few years would be an understatement. I'm sure you know the housing market here has experienced quite an upheaval.

I think if you look on the US gov, site, you still won't get a definitive answer.
As a US citizen I am allowed to stay in the UK for six months, and then must return for six months.
I beleive it's the same for UK citizens.
If you have any offenses, you may not be allowed entrance. It also depends on your finances.
Yes, if you marry or become engaged to a US resident or citizen, it does become easier.
I used to sell real estate in California, if you get qualified for a loan , you can own, you don't need to live in the States.
I used to sell to people from all over the world, money is what counts, and taxes.
I hope this has helped.