Can I work in Saudi if, I left Debt in UAE

#1 01 November 2009 12:34:16

Teepee

Can I work in Saudi if, I left Debt in UAE

I recently left the UAE when I was made unemployED, and I Left some debt behind, it is my intention to repay the debt but I could not get another job in the UAE because of this debt, which also meant I could not repay, I have been offered another job in Saudi, but someone has told me that I cannot work in the GCC because I left debt in the UAE, can anyone please advised if this is true, or what checks will happen if I took the job in Saudi

Please help.

#2 02 November 2009 18:16:37

daexpat

Re: Can I work in Saudi if, I left Debt in UAE

there are many factors thats involved in this and the biggest is luck. i personally know a few blokes who absconded from dxb with over 500K aed of debts and are now working in qatar and kuwait.

but i ve also heard of some folks who were caught doing the same. so i guess, it all drills down to luck and how much trail of your whereabouts you have left behind in dxb.

information sharing in the gcc do exists, but its not in full-swing; as its still work in progress.

before i pass a judgment on your case; do tell .... have you taken the new emirates ID from the uae and what kind of amount did you leave behind?

#3 03 November 2009 14:41:48

Teepee

Re: Can I work in Saudi if, I left Debt in UAE

Thank you for your reply daexpat,

In response to your questions i have left about 70K AED & no I have not taken the new ID card.

People have said similar things to me like you have mentioned, but without knowing more facts I do not want to put my self at risk, and be put in a position that if i was stopped and i would not be able to work and then repay the debt.

Any further information would be grateful.

Thanks

3 members online in Saudi Arabia

Expatriate health insurance Saudi Arabia
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here
Expat banking Saudi Arabia
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Saudi Arabia
A few tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Saudi Arabia
Don't worry and travel happy across Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here