Group outings in Dubai

Hello expats in Dubai :)

I am just wondering if any of you likes to join to form a weekly group as simple as meeting up for coffee, drinks, watching movies, sports, food, and going out?? your suggestions is most welcome too!

cheers!

let me know

lara

I would very much like to be apart of a group as such. I've recently moved over here and quite frankly it is not very exciting to say the least.

Would be great to have a bunch of people to hang out with over the weekends.

.. tats it? no one else :O... and even the poster is on sleep mode.... sigh!

i am always up for it. i am back in dubai for at least 6 months and can definitely enjoy the comfort of some friends..

Hey,

Am pretty much brand new in Dubai...been a couple of months and looking for some company to hang out with ! Anyone interested?

Rgds,
RR

I am in!

I am in also lets say next week end?

It would be really nice to have regular outings.

NeoJFK wrote:

I am in also lets say next week end?

Did i miss this one? I'm in on the next then.

hey .
i guess i missed it too :(
how abt a movie outing on 20th at dcc or moe(whichever is comfortable)
n i agree devster .. life here is not wat i expected to be !

vikram.varshney wrote:

hey .
i guess i missed it too :(
how abt a movie outing on 20th at dcc or moe(whichever is comfortable)
n i agree devster .. life here is not wat i expected to be !

Oh no 20/11/09......that's the same day Ali Campbell (voice of 1980s pop sensation UB40) would be performing at the Irish Village!

Thats sounds like a fun and safe way to meet new people, I live in JBR/Marina area.  email me [email protected]

coffee at the JBR starbucks is a nice place to meet (suggestion!)

Ok guys, let's really organize some gathering in December!

We've just talked, it's a time for action!:)

You can count me in. Where hv u been so long. Life cud be more exciting with a few regular friends. I'll be waiting for more info on this ok. See you all soon. Lets make it cum truye folks. My friends say I m a humourous person, mayb u can check it out for ur selves..hehe so long..take care, God bless

i'm in!

Ok, then let's plan the firts gathering for December!
Do you have any new idea where to meet?

Mila_777 wrote:

Ok, then let's plan the firts gathering for December!
Do you have any new idea where to meet?

@Mila; do you mean where to meet to discuss or where to go for the "Outing"?

My ideas:
If we are to meet to plan the outing then dubaibrian's suggestion of JBR starbucks should be ok or MOE.

Let us also schedule a convenient day (pref sat) & time.

me in too !!
@creamy n mila .. i wd prefer MOE as it wd be a lot easier for me to get there .. n i ll get a chance to ride THE DUBAI METRO too :D

lol.. ok so this shows I am new to Dubai.. what/where is MOE?

Mall of the Emirates Al Barsha

Haha ok.. I never thought of that.. ;^)

Since i live in Mamzar, i suggest Wafi City, but only if it's ok for all of you.
I suggest some nice place where we can drink too.

Wafi city is fine for me, a few months back I went for dinner and drinks at a nice Tapas Spanish Restaurant there.. can't remember the name but it had a nice, relaxed atmosphere.  Would suggest that place..

Hi guys I'M IN BUT WHEN?

Brian, it is Seville, i like that place too and go there often.
We can sit outside since the weather is fine now.
So my vote for Seville!

Brian, it is Seville, i like that place too and go there often.
We can sit outside since the weather is fine now.
So my vote for Seville!

so is it first weekend of dec at seville ??
may be we can order a pitcher of sangria or smthing :P

Of course, we can order sangria.:cool:
I have another suggestion- Irish Village, it's cheaper than Seville. But final decision is up to all of us.

Let's make a list of people who are interested to join.
So far:

-Devster
-creamy
-vicram
-dubaibrian
-askkevin
-neoJFK
-Mila

Can we have the outing on National Day Dec 2?

HI LARA,
I AM INTERESTED TOO.I SPEAK ENGLISH,HINDI AND FRENCH AND WOULD LOVE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS FROM DIFFERENT FIELDS.JUST MOVED TO DUBAI A FEW MONTHS BACK....
WELL...JUST A SUGGESTION...FOR THE FIRST MEETING Y NOT KEEP IT AT MALL OF EMIRATES...ITS EASILY ACCESSIBLE.I DONT DRIVE IN THIS COUNTRY SO REACHING FAR OFF PLACES WOULD BE A BIT DIFFICULT...

RASHIKA

FILLE MIGNON wrote:

HI LARA,
I AM INTERESTED TOO.I SPEAK ENGLISH,HINDI AND FRENCH AND WOULD LOVE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS FROM DIFFERENT FIELDS.JUST MOVED TO DUBAI A FEW MONTHS BACK....
WELL...JUST A SUGGESTION...FOR THE FIRST MEETING Y NOT KEEP IT AT MALL OF EMIRATES...ITS EASILY ACCESSIBLE.I DONT DRIVE IN THIS COUNTRY SO REACHING FAR OFF PLACES WOULD BE A BIT DIFFICULT...

RASHIKA

Hi Rashika, welcome to the forum & the land of Dubai!

@ Milla et al, I was hoping MOE was just a forum to personally meet/plan/discuss an event for a later day. As the thread progressed I realized we were headed for the "outing"!

My suggestion is we hook-up @ MOE thur 26/fri 27 Nov. Plan and delibrate on a venue and time convenient for majority, probably have a theme we can work around - National day (too close)/Xmas/New Year.

If we keep on this way we might find ourselves without a decisive conclusion.

Pls share your views.

I am in if you wanna meet in the Mall of Emirates let me know !

Cool Neo,
I think we missed the theme: It was meant to be like a weekly group thing but first i think we can meet and have draw up a plan.

So what do you suggest will be an approriate time?

We can meet at 2 pm tomorrow at the mall of emirates in the bar who got the view on ski dubai for example 1

guys . if we all are all set for the meetup .. lets finalise a date time venue

my suggestion
date : national day
venue : i wd prefer Moe aka mall of the emirates (to avoid confusion :P) since this is the first meet
time : 3-4 ish ?

I cant seem to find any of cutegirl's comments after starting the thread! Y'all, should say something....your silence is deafening. If you donot think this right then just share it.

@ vikram, it will be nice to meet maybe tomorrow or saturday @ MOE like Neo suggested to plan towards the National day as that would be a free day for most people.

We need to come around and share our views otherwise we would keep having conflicting suggestions.

i think it is too late for today we have to set up something for next week in order to let people organize themselves.
I suggest MOE next saturday 14h at the "Apres" café

@creamy ... i m reading ur post on a sat evening .. :(
@neo .. dude 14th is a monday :P ?

wat about national day 3pm at apres/irish village ?
@everyone .. please rsvp with suggestions/comments :D!

-Devster
-creamy
-vicram
-dubaibrian
-askkevin
-neoJFK
-Mila
-FILLE MIGNON

I was talking about 14Hour lol french habbit.
Meant 2pm at the apres at MOE.
Next saturday is the 5th :)

A few days of inactivity and I gave up on this thread... Few days later is buzzing :O.

I am in for anything. I am off fridays and saturdays so its all good.

Saturday MOE sounds good, I am at JLT so anyplace neary is great. Since I am new here..still waiting to do my driving license! so taxi/metro it is!!