Hi

my name is Gaby and I live in the Uk. My husband will be moving to Luanda this october. I am very excited and scared at the same time.
i am a Beauty Therapist college lecturer and wondering what are the chances to find a job in my field or maybe starting my own beauty salon in Luanda. I won't be joining my husband until next year, so will be enrolling into an online portuguese course.

thanks for your help
Gaby

You'll find a big competion here with beauty saloon, but keep going and inform expats comunity about it as advertising.
Good luck

thanks!!

Watch the visa issue Gaby.

Some very powerful people own day spas in Luanda and might not take too kindly with having a competitor. 

tread very lightly........

globalgypsy wrote:

Watch the visa issue Gaby.

Some very powerful people own day spas in Luanda and might not take too kindly with having a competitor. 

tread very lightly........

thanks for advise.To be honest i want to stay in my field of teaching Beauty, but I went online and couldn't find a beauty school in Luanda.
I also can't seem to find health spa online!

thanks again
gaby

Doubt if you could find them on line in an English based search.

Deana Day Spa is one existing place.

There are a couple more in Luanda Sul (near the new Casa-dos-fresco at Talatona) and above the old Casa-Dos-fresco next to the Emirates office.

Again watch the Visa problem. One word in the ear of an official and you are out of there - proto! Angola is not the country one would want to bend the rules unless you know people in the know.

globalgypsy wrote:

Doubt if you could find them on line in an English based search.

Deana Day Spa is one existing place.

There are a couple more in Luanda Sul (near the new Casa-dos-fresco at Talatona) and above the old Casa-Dos-fresco next to the Emirates office.

Again watch the Visa problem. One word in the ear of an official and you are out of there - proto! Angola is not the country one would want to bend the rules unless you know people in the know.

thanks  a lot!!!!

Forgot another beauty place - Bamboo Imperial (?) a short distance from the Avalade Hotel in Maianga.

Hi gaby,
Have you joined your husband in luanda or still in the uk  ? We have evenly moved to luanda from London and find really hard to meet English speaking people. It would be nice to connect if you are in luanda already.
Neha