Where to buy to let?

We are planning to retire to Panama and in the mean time would like to invest in a property that we can rent out.  Can anyone suggest the best place to buy that might give us the best rental yield. We're not sure whether to look at short term holiday lets on the coast or long term rental in town. Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jill

Right now Panama is in boom mode. What i mean by that is a lot of people are hearing about Panama therefore there is alot more tourism. Both city or coastal rentals will rent quickly. It just depends how much you want to spend on that investment. If you go for a city purchase it will be pricier and if you go for a coastal purchase you will need some one to take care of it. Unless you find a new project that covers all the maintanence. Its really up to you and how much you will be visiting. Also where are you going to want to be when you visit. Hope i was clear and helpful. If you have any questions feel free to conctact me. I can also provide you some websites where you can check out how much current apartments are being rented for in the city and also on the coast.

Best Wishes,
Yess

Hello,

I saw your message on the forum. I live in Panama City and my advise is to rent or buy in the city. Because: you have all the big companies that are looking for apartments to rent.
Also you will not have the upkeep of a home near the beach where there is a lot of dammage because of the sea air.

I have a friend who has a nice house for sale in a beautiful green area of Panama City. It is an upstairs and downstairs. It is an older home but much better built than the new condos on the market that show cracks everywhere.
I think it would be excellent, because you could live down stairs and rent out the upstairs. In that area near the Canal you can easily rent out an apartment for 2000 usd per month. everybody wants to live there.
The house is also a good deal because she does not pay real estate tax. Contact her on [email protected] she is French.
Any other question? dont hesitate. Kind regards.

Jill: Have you tried Mike at Inside Panama Real Estate? (insidepanamarealestate.com/index.php) He knows EVERYTHING about Panama, and Panama real estate. His assistance for the info you're seeking would be invaluable. I highly recommend him. Good luck! :)

@vinnie62 - Do not hesitate to recommend this person into the Panama Business directory. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Will do!