Hellloooooooo:-)

#1 05 August 2012 10:03:54

manicsfan
manicsfan
Wrexham

Hellloooooooo:-)

I have just joined this forum and thought I would say Hello.

Hopefully in the near future Myself, my other half, 2 cats, 1 dog and maybe my rabbit will be moving to Malta.

Hopefully one of us can secure a job out there, Both of us has had a few replys which is a good start.

I have just had 1 reply and they said the job is cash in hand? Are they allowed to do that out there? I am going to wait till I get a better offer.

I have been to Malta quite a few times and recently went out for a week to help in the local dog rescue.

#2 05 August 2012 11:43:41

toonarmy9752
toonarmy9752
Mellieha

Re: Hellloooooooo:-)

You will usually find that the lower paid jibs will offer cash in hand and you will become part of the black labour problem in Malta.....many businesses do this - its not legal - but it does happen - they and the employee get the benefit if one can call it that of not paying taxes and NI.....

#3 05 August 2012 14:42:17

Being paid in cash isn't necessarily illegal as long as both the employer and employee declare it, and you pay social security contributions. If you don't, then (as well as breaking the law tax-wise), you will also need to prove you are self-sufficient by showing you have sufficient money to live on (obviously excluding any income not declared) and have health insurance/cover.

#4 05 August 2012 14:56:00

manicsfan
manicsfan
Wrexham

Thanks for the help guys. Going to wait to see if any of the better paid jobs reply back and hopefully my other half hears summit about arranging his interview.
Altho I just want to go now, I feel that cash in hand job just is not right for me.

#5 15 August 2012 12:02:51

GerryW80
GerryW80
Texas

manicsfan wrote:

I have just joined this forum and thought I would say Hello.

Hopefully in the near future Myself, my other half, 2 cats, 1 dog and maybe my rabbit will be moving to Malta.

Hopefully one of us can secure a job out there, Both of us has had a few replys which is a good start.

I have just had 1 reply and they said the job is cash in hand? Are they allowed to do that out there? I am going to wait till I get a better offer.

I have been to Malta quite a few times and recently went out for a week to help in the local dog rescue.

What exactly does job cash in hand refer to?

#8 17 August 2012 09:17:17

georgeingozo wrote:

Being paid in cash isn't necessarily illegal as long as both the employer and employee declare it, and you pay social security contributions.

Last edited by georgeingozo (17 August 2012 09:17:51)

#9 17 August 2012 12:28:24

toonarmy9752
toonarmy9752
Mellieha

as george said its not necessarily illegal as long as both parties declare the payment and the earnings....if its not declared then it may be illegal.

well normally if they dont put you through their accounts (books) there is usually a reason for doing so...and its usually to do with employer and employee taxation, workers rights etc... and potentially paying people who are not registered on the island etc ...low wages, the black economy,

but then some people dont want to be found or known about so want paying in cash.....as some are a little unscrupulous and continue claiming benefits from their mother country to fund their lifestyle here.

#11 17 August 2012 16:08:19

scubaboy
scubaboy
birzebbuga

It is not hard to find work that is paid properly with Social security and Tax.

Normally if people are paid cash in hand then they cant be bothered to declare it either.

J.

3 members online in Malta

Expatriate health insurance Malta
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta.
>> Click here
Expat banking Malta
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Malta
A few tips from professionals about moving to Malta.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Malta
Don't worry and travel happy across Malta.
>> Click here