Which school system did you opt for?

Hi guys,

We are working on our next article for Weekly magazine, and we would highly appreciate your help ;).

The article will be about education in Mauritius for expat's children. Education is indeed a main preoccupation and we would love to know how you dealt with that subject!

Which school system did you opt for (public or private school, international programs...)?

What are the reasons of your choice?

How was it for your children: did they adapt easily, any problems?

Feel free to share any thoughts or opinion related to schooling in Mauritius. Thank you in advance ;).

Best,

Julie

Hi Julie , Im living in mru since 14 years now and all of my 4 kids have attended the French school ECOLE DU NORD, my last one does still attend, she is 13 . I can say Im very much happy with the system, compared to the french one in France, by 3 times I went to France 2 months before the end of the last term and my last one attended the french school in France, once back in Mru for the next year she found it difficult for one month or two to readapt to the level that is much higher here.

Well it's understandable seeing that in Mru they are ALL keen to learn, pulled to the top between each other, positively stimulated and benefiting of beautiful surroundings to learn, which is , which ARE the greatest factors for a nice and successfull upbringing.
I can only say now  after those many years of experience that its SIMPLY the BEST!! do not hesitate to contact me back . [email protected]
bst rgds, ISA MAURITIUS

Thanks Isa ;)

Cool topic Julien.

We have 2 kids, Boy,Nrisimha 2 years and 4 month and girl Hladini, 5 month old. My husband is from the USA and we are Hare Krishna devotees. We are very preoccupied with our son having to go to pre-primary school in the coming months. We want our kids to have very strong foundation in their education system as well as prepare them for their spiritual life. There are so many Bhaktivedanta schools in the US and UK and the kids graduating from those schools are so sweet and smart.

In an attempt to make give our kids the best education possible, we thought homeschooling would be great but unfortunately it is not allowed here. So, I personally went to the MIE and education offices, not to mention the amount of times I had to present myself in the offices! Finally, I could find out that I can open a school like DOHA,HINDU GIRLS,etc that does not practice religious activities but are in line with religious activities. I ,of course have to have the proper infrastructures, playground and qualified personnels.

I am at present working with Avanti Primary school located at Bhaktivedanta Manor Farm in United Kingdom to be able to establish a highly pretigious and appropriate devotional school for all kids. Anybody interested can follow the link to have an insight of what I am talking about :krishna-avanti.org.uk/.

I wish public schools were more of a facility here. The infrastructure provided by the government is superb but personally I think the smarter becoming smarter, 5- star secondary school systems causing too much competition. Private tutoring has so far become a must for kids to be able to adapt with difficult subjects.

Private primary schools, however has so far been doing good. But the cost of those schools are quite high and local ordinary people though wanting to give their kids high class education can not afford such schools. I also know some expats who are struggling with being able to save some money and at the same time paying for their kids' schooling fees.

Hope this meets you well.

Regards.Disha

Hi,

The article is featured in today's edition of Weekly: thank you for your participation ;).