Gallstones treatment

Hi,
My friend recently has diagnosed with multiple gallbladder stones. She is also planning for a child. Please suggest a good doctor in nairobi to consult.

thanks a ton

I believe your best bet is The Aga Khan University Hospital, which is the best medical centre in Nairobi.

Good Luck! :-)

My Mother-in-Law recently had to have her gall bladder removed.  We admitted her to Nairobi Hospital.  Her consultant was based at the Doctors Plaza next to Nairobi Hospital - cant remember his name, unfortunately.  The standard of care and her treatment was exemplary, with absolutely no complications, following discharge.  Her treatment cost us about Kes 1 million, but she did need two admissions - she declined surgery, initially.

We did look at the Aga Khan Hospital, as it was much easier for us to get to.  However, the daily rates for a bed were significantly higher than The Nairobi Hospital and many of the same consultants work across both hospitals.

I would definitely recommend that you obtain rates first, if you don't have medical insurance.

thank you all for providing me such an important information.

[moderated: no free ad on the forum please.]