If you are a foreigner who is liling in Nhatrang. Please joint...

I am Vietnamese . I am is only a young people . But I really don't satisfy some things which my boss (Italy Man) was be treated by Vietnamese ....Please give some minute to read and comment . Where Foreigner'interest is ? when they are living and working in Vietnam...

I am Vietnamese . So When I use wrong about grammar . Please don't mind . Because I want to know about your feeling if you are this case.

I think if you are a foreigner and you are living in Nhatrang now . You also hear or know about An Vien Place where many villas in here and It is near Vinpearland.
"An Vien" is also expensive about fees when you rent a house in there . But it is near beach and quite ...comfortable. But this is my idea before . And now I just think about terrible during last 3 days before i leave there ( so terrible).
We live in Anvien . We are 3 people ( me-Vietnamese and a man - foreigner man and the maid . Our neigbor is Vietnamese , they are also living in Anvien now . they grow up many chicken and chicken always come our gardent and damage the gardent and after the long time the gardent is so so so bad . and also have many Rats. So we can not let like this when the rats come inside our house . So we think put chemical to mix with food ( animal food) for Rats and put in the gardent . Specially , We stayed here during 1.5 years and we also announce with my neighbor to keep their chicken in their gardent . We don't talk allow or not here , because we are not administration of AnVien. The first time , we announce with them . and then , do you know? they bring more and more chicken and grow up .
And before we put chemical in our gardent . We also announced to them 3 time and one more than by our landlady to them. And We also know : our neighbor talk with her son to keep chicken because we will put poison food . But he don't keep ...So how we can do ? also we just put in our gardent . We don't put in their gardent and also our gardent is damaged by chicken and now we must pay money to repair .
We work and go between Hanoi-Saigon- Nhatrang.
And in this time , when my freigner don't stay at home because he must work in Hanoi and i and maid stay at home .
The maid just stay at day and she leave at 6pm.
At 26/07/2012 , the chicken die. Because Chicken come our gardent and eat chemical food for Rats. And the neighbor angry but according to law vietnamese . We don't do anythings wrong . We also don't need to announce for them. So You know , the Neighbor give warming to kill foreigner ( he is working in hanoi and will come back at 29/12/2012) and the neighbor also use " bad work" ( shit language ) for us and also she shout at us everyday .
We also pay for the house and now i we leave so Fair for us?
We also don't do anything wrong and we do all things which is legal in Vietnamese law.
And we also talk with Landlady before we did.
And during 26 and 27/07/2012 , I can not sleep because they give warming to kill and i must stay at home alone . they made the maid scare and she leave the job.
We also call securities in Anvien . But securities can not stop them disturb us and wait police solve problem . ( they wrong)
We also sent the paper to police but nobody solve . .. and now we are waiting ...but everyday , she disturb us and we can not work and also scare because her family is really like as "MAfia".
They rent some vietnamese woman and come their house and shout at us .
And now , We are really don't know why we can not live " safe life" in Anvien . Anvien is luxury palace but now it is not safe . So where we can live to have a "safe live".
We don't know the Goverment in Nhatrang . Where are they?
Why we sent document and describe our situation and we need to help from them to stop disturb from our " mafia neighbor"...
And I don't know . If this case take the long time , after the time when we were be disturb everyday from "Mafia neighbor" ...
And the police solve problem and punish them ...it is late? and in that time , we are still live to hear "apologize" from them . and Money and apologize is really effective in that time ...?
Please ....we need a normal life and quite life while the goverment solve this problem ....

And now , I think foreigner also bring more value to economic Vietnam . Why the goverment can not help us and make many condition for us to live in Vietnam...?
The Vietnamese neighbor treated with them like this so It is really friendly ? ....
Please tell me about your feeling about this case if you face our case .
And Anvien is really safe and good about the quality of life?

Thanks for your reading .
I waiting comment from all friends who is foreigner and living in Nhatrang now ...

Thanks and have a good day1
Micheelle ngo

...We paid money to rent the house during six months and now they warm to us and will kill if we don't move ...It is fair with us?
We be disturb by chiken and we pay to repair the gardent ( not them , But they made mistake when their chicken to damage the gardent...). Before she sick at june . We also talk the maid to come and clean the house help her and now the good things we treat and now we get " Mafia style" ? It is really Friendly ?
Please talk something to protect foreigner' interest when they are living in Vietnam ...

Commonly are more words than deeds, anger comes and produces a lot of hassle, anger goes and goes more easy.

And yes, you have a problem it's serious, but if the police does not see a need for action - who else is authorised?

A tip aside: buy a reasonable bottle and some beers (or maybe girly stuff) and walk over to the neighbour - invite him to a drink and talk about the dead chicken. It's possible the best and maybe the only solution.

A fence around your yard/garden would probably help this issue from continuing. As far as the death threats, be sure they know their actions have been reported to the police. I am sure they are not going to kill anyone and even more so when they have been reported. If they do try to do something then everyone knows it is them.

As you said you warned them several times. You have done nothing wrong. Now they have learned their lesson and will keep their kids/chickens out of your garden.

If you want to calm them down then get a large order of chicken from KFC and a few beers and sit down and chat with them about the problem of a nice chicken dinner. :o

Call the Nha Trang health department.

Say you are scared you will get bird flu. THAT might wake them up. Just say the chickens are sneezing.

WorzelGummidge wrote:

Call the Nha Trang helath department.

Say you are scared you woll get bird flu. THAT might wake them up. Just say the chickens are sneezing.

a good one :D

You should set up a large BBQ and erect a sign saying any cickens found in your garden will be cooked,

Just on a finders keepers basis.

Or find a fox.

don't believe the add,call shop around with internet lists

The police never come with this problem.

I don't agree with your choice of action... Poison was a waste of good BBQ chicken...

If they are in your yard then they are obviously your chickens... unless they can prove ownership. If they can, then charge them for feeding their chickens before they are returned (what it cost you to reseed/fix your garden).

You could have trapped one chicken then not returned it unless they fixed their fences and paid for the damages. Police don't like to get involved in domestic disputes, but you did the right thing in informing them of what happened. If the neighours try anything they know they will be in big trouble.