Gyms in Al Ain

Can anyone recommend a good gym to sign up for when I arrive in Al Ain? I'm looking for a place w/ treadmills and weights.

Thank you!

Al Ain Rotana has the Best Gym (Bodyline)

Great. Do you know what is the cost for the gym? Do they do monthly memberships?

Thank you

They do monthly but it's expensive, around 1000 AED ,  anytime you can go there and check it rotana is the best, Hilton hotel also have gyme!

Slowly slowly you will learn

Respect

Hi, did you have any luck with finding a decent gym?

davidm161280 wrote:

Yes. I found a gym right behind Al Jimi Mall. It is a small gym but a decent price. I was just looking for a place I could go for a run at and not die from heart failure due to desert heat. LOL!

great - thanks for the reply. ha I can imagine the heat must be crazy -) where in the US are you from? I lived on the east coast in Boston and Providence in the last 3 years. I work out 4/5 days a week. Does the gym have any boxing bags? Free weights and benches? - If you know of Boston Sports Club - is the gym as good as this? thanks again

Hi , very Wellcome to al ain. Hope you enjoying, do you drive here?
Feel free to ask for any information.

TAKE CARE

AJOO

hey,

still here in al ain?? im looking for some friends here.. kindly call me if you're free.. 0529855941

Jeff

nevalnola wrote:
davidm161280 wrote:

Yes. I found a gym right behind Al Jimi Mall. It is a small gym but a decent price. I was just looking for a place I could go for a run at and not die from heart failure due to desert heat. LOL!

Sister What is the name Of the Gym behind Jimi Mall. Is it Run By a British man. Coz I am looking for one around in Jimi.
Thank you

only for ladies i think this gym

I'm so glad to hear you found a gym for a decent price!  Did they have any classes or is it all just up to you to design your own workout?  I think there are other classes at the hotel gyms, but I can't get over how expensive they are! 

Anyway, it's encouraging to hear you found something.  I like to run, too, and since it's getting cooler if you ever wanted to meet up for a workout or for a run, let me know, I'd be happy to join you.  I'm from the US, too, so it'd be good to meet another expat!

Lauren

hey guys,
rotana , helton, all good,   but guess what  i found another place,
good price,  veeeeeeeeeeery clean, big, quite, including jacozzy, internal swimming pool, sawna, all other facilies,
its in ayla hotel,
and cost is like that
1 month for 800
3 months 1500
6 months 2200
its a good deal,  i took the 3 months and am realy enjoing my time.

nevalnola wrote:
davidm161280 wrote:

hi! how can i get to this gym and how much do they charge? thanks!:)

I joined a gym called "pulse" in Ayla hotel. it's a good one with a pool,sauna,jacuzzi,and steam room. it's a decent price and you get 20% off on all other services once you join, like massages etc..
I'm liking it there as it has all necessary equipments and it does not get too crazy..

HJO,  am in the same place (AYLA)  its realy a good place,  qiute , but i didnt get any discount for any thing, looooooool.
i never sow u there befor......
anyhow  its realy a good place.

a mixed place or just for ladies?

i'm at hiltonia..the gym is the best i think

I would love to know if there's any where me n my wife can get in together (unisex)?

Sunny

Hi, if some one knows about a gym with an aerobics or Zumba  class near jimi mall?

It would be a repeat if I said all the info again!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=236298

No hotel ...

Hello Anahit

You see Zumba or pilates classes are not undertaken by smaller gyms because they would have to pay the instructor for the session booked even if there are only 3 participants.

You will be hard pressed to find one.

Now I took a lot of effort in compiling that list and trust me you want to get active with help from someone trained that is your best bet.

It is only once a week and I can testify that even if it is a hotel it is VERY far away from other entertainment areas and can be visited by women.

If that is not your concern do elaborate on what it is ?

A zumba class will get take about 290 for 10 classes at Danat Al Ain

(NO i do NOT work for the hotel :) )

Thank you so much .

There is a gym in Cromwell hospital near AL jimi mall
which is only for female that have zumba classes and other stuff

Gym for females only!!!!!   Where is the fun in that!!!!!?

0 fun

tutu1 wrote:

There is a gym in Cromwell hospital near AL jimi mall
which is only for female that have zumba classes and other stuff

open for everyone? how much do they charge?

Hello Everyone

This is my second day in UAE (Al Ain), looking for sweet company and a kick a%& gym in Al Ain.

I was told about:
- PULSE
- BODYLINES

I am looking for a spacious coed facility.

Sauna, Jacuzzi, Towel service, Free weights, Machines and other Free Style equipment are things I am looking for in choosing a gym.

P.S: A guide to show me around Al Ain would be great too!!!

Ladies Gym/Self Defence- Krav Maga

Hi guys,

Rotana Hotel Al Ain has decent facilities and certain times are scheduled for ladies only...

On a separate note, Self defence classes are starting there on Mondays and Wednesdays 630pm to 730pm. If there are enough ladies then a separate class for them will be held. Enquire at the gym reception for prices as they vary depending on whether you're a member or not.

Peace

Hi

Does Ayla Hotel, have personalized instructors also.. I am looking details, for one of my friend..

Cheers..

Hello

Look in Rotana Hotel. They have a decent Gym, though membership prices are high. You may get a special discount if you work for certain listed companies.

Hey where is that one you mentioned ?

800 a month with sauna etc

Looking for a female gym or a mixed one if price is right.

Riz

Biggest gym of alain opening in hazza bin zayed stadium near to jimi mall also plus there are some very good and affordable gyms too

Do any of these gyms offer Martial Arts Training / Boxing / Self Defense...etc?

Looking for a trainer?
Personal recommendation for a friend. British male with Masters qualification who has lived in UAE 6 years. Based in Dubai but will travel and train individually or group instruct in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain. He offers a range of services. For further information and summary of experience visit the website at [moderated: no free ads pls]
Get a group together while the weather is perfect.

@wajela > free ads is not allowed on the forum. I invite you to recommend him in the business directory. Thank you.

Can any one recommend gym soon and good price

:/ can anyone recomend me a good and clean fitness club here in al ain... aside from ayla,hilton and rotana hotels... thanks guys!

most of hotels have gym but I would recommend first fitness but I don't know if it has a branch in Al Ain , its one of the best in UAE