Is it safe to work and live in Bahrain right now? HELP!!!

Hi Guys,

I'm Abby, 21, got a job offer as a photographer in Manama, Bahrain.

Got two questions:

1. Is it safe to work and live in Bahrain right now?
2. Do you think 150bd/month net salary is enough or too small?

Please help!!! I really need your opinions.

Thanks,
Abby

Is it 150 or 1500?

Hi Allan,

It's 150 only.

AbbyAbad wrote:

Hi Allan,

It's 150 only.

Its Peanuts, Won't suffice for anything !!:(

Hi Saimans,

House and transportation will be provided.

Is it safe there? I've heard some news about rally, protests, etc.

150BD is too little. Did you check how much 150BD is in your own currency and then see if you can live on that in your country? Bahrain is not a cheap country - not the most expensive one but it is not cheap. An average Burger King meal costs 2BD for example. My weekly grocery shopping is about 15BD.

So, yes you can just about 'live' on that, as your accommodation and transportation provided, but forget about saving money or being able to eat / drink out. You will have to count your money so carefully. And don't forget, you will have bills like mobile phone. Always count these in your calculation, but, again, my suggestion is convert 150BD into your own currency and see if you can live on that in your country. If you can just about manage in your country, you will not make it in Bahrain.

To answer your other countries, yes it is safe to live and work here. The unrest seems to have stopped in most areas but still carries on in some small villages. Do you know where will you be staying in Bahrain?

Thanks.

Hi brightonguy,

Thank you so much for your answer. It'd be a lot of help for me to decide. Me, myself, can tell that 150BD is too little. If you'll convert it to Philippine money, yes, it would suffice our needs, but as I study the cost of living there in Bahrain including your example, 150BD is indeed insufficient.

Like you, I'm set to work in Manama. As per my agency, though my net salary is only 150BD, there will be a lot of chances to get tips from our customers since I will be a Photographer there, both studio and events but there's no assurance in that. Do you have an idea how much photographers earn?

I've also read in the Bahrain news that one particular party is appealing for a minimum of 400BD monthly salary for graduates and 250BD for not, both for Bahrainis and expats. Is this true?

Anyway, it's a relief to hear that it's still safe to live and work there in Bahrain as I feel so worried these past few days because of some bad news I've been hearing.

I hope to hearing from you again.

Thanks,
Abby

You are welcome. I really don't know how much photographers do earn in Bahrain nor do I know how much tips you could potentially get. Sorry that I am unable to help you on that. Again, I didn't hear the minimum salary talks as you mentioned but then I haven't been reading the local news lately so maybe someone else can help you on that.

Which area of Bahrain you are going to live in because we can then tell you if it is relatively safe there to live or not.

Hi,

I really hope that the news I talk about is true.

I'm going to work in Manama City, Manama.

If you happen to know Seagull Photo Studio, that's it, that's my workplace. I don't know where will I live though but according to my recruitment agency I'll live in a house where other Filipino workers live, employer's property, I guess it's within the city as well.

How about the basic salary of a graduate and skilled foreign worker, got idea?

Honestly, I just graduated on March 2011 and have got 6 mos. working experience only. Thus, I can't demand for a higher salary .

:D yup u r Right .

AbbyAbad wrote:

Hi,

How about the basic salary of a graduate and skilled foreign worker, got idea?

Honestly, I just graduated on March 2011 and have got 6 mos. working experience only. Thus, I can't demand for a higher salary .

Hi Khush-Singh,

You agreed, but do you think 150BD is enough? I mean do you think that's just the level of salary a graduate and skilled foreign worker deserves?

Hi all

couldn't help but noticing the whole "150 Bhd" post up there.

with all due respect, you would be better off flipping burgers at the Philippines.

to be honest, i was taken all of a sudden by this unscrupulous contract of yours.

just a small piece of advice ,take it or leave it....

Good luck

She is provided with an accommodation and transport, she is nearly sure that she will be getting tips on top her salary, this doesn't sound like a full time job, and we all said 150BD is not enough, but it's up to her to decide whether to come here or not. She wouldn't die on that salary, but she would have an extremely basic life, maybe that's all she wants. Some work experience that she is not able to get in her own country. It's her choice at the end of the day.

Hi guys! Your thoughts help me a lot. Maybe the word "experience" (in terms of job and living)will be the best reason to grab this opportunity. And yes, I think I will be fine with a basic kind of living since I just started working and haven't got enough credentials to demand. Well, I'm 95% sure to go and work there in Bahrain. I'm gonna live dangerously and become more keen. Wish me luck!

Hello,I am from India, aged 38 ,working in Finance Dept having 12  years experience in Finance/ Accounts.  I have passed  B com,CA intermediate & MBA. I am planning to move to Bahrain with my family ( wife & one kid), I would like to know more  on the following matters;points  Anyone can help me to provide the  information in this
1. Is Bahrain  safe to live , especially with family;
2. How much salary can I expect there
3. Good schools are available?
4.  About the job opertunities - As a Sr accountant/ Finance Manager etc....

gireesh711 wrote:

Hello,I am from India, aged 38 ,working in Finance Dept having 12  years experience in Finance/ Accounts.  I have passed  B com,CA intermediate & MBA. I am planning to move to Bahrain with my family ( wife & one kid), I would like to know more  on the following matters;points  Anyone can help me to provide the  information in this
1. Is Bahrain  safe to live , especially with family;
2. How much salary can I expect there
3. Good schools are available?
4.  About the job opertunities - As a Sr accountant/ Finance Manager etc....

Hi,

Please open a new topic and not tag on the end of somebody elses as you won't get enough people seeing your question.

There are a lot of forum topics about this subject already so please browse the forum and have a good read.

Thank you,  Done as per your direction....

I want to know bharain is safety country to live.becauae I am
From India so that pls help.me by answering toy message

mkbabu90 wrote:

I want to know bharain is safety country to live.becauae I am
From India so that pls help.me by answering toy message

This question has been answered a hundred times and more. YES it is safe to work and live in Bahrain as long as you use common sense and don't go wandering into the villages and causing fights!

A company Offered me Job as an accounts Executive in Behrain,The transportation and furnished shared accommodation provided by company food is not included.The company will pay me 200 BD.is it sufficient or not please resolve my problem.Should i go there or not.

No. Do not move on that salary, for accounts exec you are looking at BD500 with benefits

Yes, I agree with Josnuggles. BD200 is too low for an accounts executive.

You will spend between BD50 and 80 on food. Also what about medical expenses when the need arises? You will also send home something each month.  What will you save then? I am sure you should be able to get better pay back home for that job.

Think about it very carefully before deciding.

Best wishes.

Hi,

I just spoke to a good contact from a reputable company in Bahrain, he told me 1/3 of his 25 accounting team earns less that BD200 ...

Julian that is an awfully low salary for accounts exec's here.

My point is simple. If the Bahrain salary is so low, accounts executives are better off living and working in their own countries. There are so many living expenses to consider, which would make a low salary not really worthwhile.

I've confirmed with a company as well. Although the salary range varies, 200-400BD basic is pretty much the norm. For some expats, it could be a bit more.

Can I do part time job at Bahrain.My duty time is 7am to 5pm.

Yes you can do a part time job in Bahrain.

Hello i'm qudus by name and  i will like to know how i can get a
Bahrain visa

Regard's

QUDUS

Hi Qudus.

This link should help you out: http://www.evisa.gov.bh/

Best wishes.

Its safe but the salary low try to find another job 150 bd its 17000 peso only

one of the safest place in the world

Damn, I wouldn't get out of bed for 200 bd. Actually I wouldn't even have a bed as my rents way more than that

Lindochka wrote:

Damn, I wouldn't get out of bed for 200 bd. Actually I wouldn't even have a bed as my rents way more than that

Thanks for the advice on an old post. You could come across as gloating which isn't good for other members. For some people BD200 is a good living.

I too know a number of people making a tough, but honest and decent living on monthly incomes of BD200 and even lower

Lindochka, be greatful you are so affluent.

HI there!

I also want to know your opinion guys: 

I was hired last week a assistant sales advisor in one of a fashion boutique in Bahrain.  My contract stated that my basic salary would be 128BD, housing allowance of 45BD and transportation allowance of 20BD, would this be enough for the cost of living there in Bahrain? Please help me.  By the way, anybody familiar with Jawad group of companies?

Thanks!

Jawad group is huge. They operate a whole range of franchises. I think that is about the usual payscle they offer. Can you live on that pay scale? Well it is possible but going to be a struggle.  There are so many who do make a living on that salary.  Its about making choices.

Note to admins - if you think it is necessary, pls move shangshang's post and my response to a new thread. Thank you.

shangshang wrote:

HI there!

I also want to know your opinion guys: 

I was hired last week a assistant sales advisor in one of a fashion boutique in Bahrain.  My contract stated that my basic salary would be 128BD, housing allowance of 45BD and transportation allowance of 20BD, would this be enough for the cost of living there in Bahrain? Please help me.  By the way, anybody familiar with Jawad group of companies?

Thanks!

This isn't the place to post, but seeing as you have I would say that is a very bad package and you will exist in Bahrain but you won't live. Bar staff get more than that plus free accommodation. Please don't accept that offer

I have to say this offer is very bad - to the level that I am not even sure if you can survive in Bahrain. Seriously, you will find life in Bahrain very difficult with that salary.