Student Coming to IASI (Need Help)

Hi Everyone,

I am Faraz from Pakistan. I am coming to IASI City in Romania soon. I want to know if there are any Pakistanis who live there locally. It would be nice to meet up.

Also, i need to know if there are any cheap HOSTELS or student houses for long stay ? or any place where i can bunk in for some months ? As i dont know what the job prospects are in IASI.

Any feedback will be HIGHLY APPRECIATED. please do reply or comment !

Thanks

Welcome to Expat.com Faraz!;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.

Concerning the accommodation, do not hesitate to post an advert in the section Housing in Romania.

Harmonie.

Hi Faraz,
There are student community in Iasi, beside consulate office of Pakistan. You can search abit on the web and will find it. Good luck..
Best Regards..

If you are going to be a student, your college or uni you should enquire with

Job prospects will be very slim if you don't speak Romanian
Almost nonexistent I would say.

That may be your case. And I am glad to hear that. But I believe that not all of Romania is as cosmopolitan as Bucharest. Have you been to Iasi? It's one of the largest cities in Romania, but regarding job prospects I have my reservations.I could be wrong !

You should try at student dorms like Akademos and Gaudeamus. Normally you should have been told to apply for a room few months ago. Anyways send an e-mail to your Faculty and see if they have free rooms. Do this as soon as possible as the number of rooms is limited. 
There is also a community of international students, also an international Church. There are many international students comming at that church. I could help you to get in touch with them. They might know better how it is with jobs for foreigners.

Cheers,

Andreea

Hi dear... where are you now?? can you guide me? Actually i'm in the same situation as like as you before arriving there.. please reply me