Work Visa process

#1 17 July 2012 04:37:26

expatto_be
expatto_be
Al Manamah

Work Visa process

Hi, need to get info on how long the work visa process is taking? I am now waiting for my visa as the employer initially mentioned to apply for me. I've checked thru the express service but still no application yet in the record. My friend have been in Bahrain for 4 years and he said Bahranians is usually taking their sweet time to do a task. is that true? Thanks.

#2 17 July 2012 06:44:57

Khush-Singh

Re: Work Visa process

:)Hi,
hmm as u have asked "how long the work visa process is taking"
I'll say it depends on your nationality & documents uploaded for VISA . LMRA(express service ) generally taking Maximum three days to respond & if there is any mistake in your documents they will let you know . Next step for New visa application is CIO & immigration(GDNPR)The most important step is under GDNPR << if everything is fine you will grant a visa within few hours .

http://s9.postimage.org/85sfq743j/application.jpg

And Your friend is Right :D ( but not everywhere ;)

expatto_be wrote:

Hi, need to get info on how long the work visa process is taking? I am now waiting for my visa as the employer initially mentioned to apply for me. I've checked thru the express service but still no application yet in the record. My friend have been in Bahrain for 4 years and he said Bahranians is usually taking their sweet time to do a task. is that true? Thanks.

#5 17 July 2012 10:41:10

expatto_be
expatto_be
Al Manamah

3 working days is quite fast for me but sadly, there's no application yet done for me. I was asked to report on 1st Sept. I'm afraid they are gonna be slower in Ramadhan and my visa approval is delay. anyway thanks for your info. :)

#6 17 July 2012 14:48:27

Khush-Singh

:) don't worry ....

expatto_be wrote:

3 working days is quite fast for me but sadly, there's no application yet done for me. I was asked to report on 1st Sept. I'm afraid they are gonna be slower in Ramadhan and my visa approval is delay. anyway thanks for your info. :)

#7 18 March 2013 11:55:43

brightonguy

It's only been a week. Take it easy and speak to your employer as this is what they do day in day out. You don't need to worry about it yet. There is plenty of time.

Last edited by brightonguy (18 March 2013 14:03:26)

#9 18 March 2013 14:04:44

brightonguy

Your application is not delayed yet, it's only been a week. It takes at least 2 weeks and sometimes a month.

The best advice on this would be to keep in touch with your employer. They will give you more precise information about the status of your application.

#10 18 March 2013 16:56:35

sanasha
sanasha
kerala

But lmra shows that it would take a maximum of ten working days ..means 3 days in lmra+2days in cio +5 days in GDNPR.so is there any possibility to delay dat

#12 22 March 2013 10:23:04

delwarmdafzal
delwarmdafzal
Brahmanbaria

Hi, i have been living Bahrain for 2years 4 month and i paid 15BD to GDNPER for cancellation each month for extra 4 month stay.
Now i have applied again after 3 years and i am stick with GDNPR for 10 days. Please help me to get my visa soon?

For your information
My new application id is- 2164986
My previous CPR number is- 840923414

Kind Regards,

Delwar

Last edited by delwarmdafzal (22 March 2013 10:29:23)

3 members online in Bahrain

Expatriate health insurance Bahrain
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bahrain.
>> Click here
Expat banking Bahrain
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Bahrain
A few tips from professionals about moving to Bahrain.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Bahrain
Don't worry and travel happy across Bahrain.
>> Click here