Let's chat about where to have fun???

Seriously, where in this city can I have fun? Feeling so bored with  having too much free time here...
Anybody recommend?

Where are you usually out and about?

The heat in daytime is not really something comfortable... (>_<)...
Have been in some bars near Hoan Kiem Lake and the other one, Roof Top, I guess. Not so much fun...bunch of kids running around with bottles of Whiskey or some drunk tourists speak full of bad words and bad manner...

Man, things are so hmmmm...miserable....(>_<)

I WANNA HAVE SOMETHING FOR FUNNNNNNNNNNN !!!

define fun!

Search in your dictionary!

My dictionary? It says: girls. You wanna find them?

rojamin wrote:

My dictionary? It says: girls. You wanna find them?

I second that..............

Come hcmc, lots of funs ;)

Mine says: " replace the "girls" part, dumb ass...(>_<)"...lol

Hey, moving to HCM is a good idea...hmmm...will think about it, will have to start with finding a job if plan A turns out failed...

annie_t wrote:

I am in HCMC. But maybe I need to learn your fun :rolleyes: Mine failed  :/
btw, are you related to bechum?

sevencoloris wrote:

but but but... but it was you who told to look in my dictionary, not yours :/

Dunno know what you mean by 'fun' but other than Rooftop, there are many other places which you can check out. Eg. Vedette Lounge, Fuse Bar, NextTop Danceclub, 17 Cowboys, Marquee Club, etc. Good luck!

hi friends!!!
I am living in Hanoi city..... just boring because...too buzy...no time for enjoy......many interesting things....... so funny in this lovely city!!!

Err...so what do u want me to do? Toi moi em uong nuoc voi toi?

Hello jlowch, could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.

rojamin wrote:
annie_t wrote:

I am in HCMC. But maybe I need to learn your fun :rolleyes: Mine failed  :/
btw, are you related to bechum?

sevencoloris wrote:

but but but... but it was you who told to look in my dictionary, not yours :/

No i'm not related to Bechum, but she seems very nice as what i have read on her posts.
You dun need to learn any thing here. Just join the group sometime you will see.

Well, depends on what you want to do for fun really. Piknic Electronic is great, it's held at Keangnam Pool Garden every Sunday from 4pm-10pm, drinks are alright, really good djs. There is a Miami pool party there on Aug 4 as well.

Also, there are many other places to go such as Taboo, Hair of the dog, Hanoi Rock City, Fuse (dont like the drink list there, there are not many choices)

Not really sure where to go at weekdays as I work full time, hardly have any time to even think about it :)

Shopping isn't great in Hanoi, you can actually just rent a motorbike (moped) and wonder around or go to some further places such as Halong or Hoi An..

Hope it helps.

Sevencoloriris

Found anything fun to do yet? :D
I'm passing Ha Noi in about 2 weeks time and just trying to collect as much info on what to do and where to go.

Cheers!

With me, it doesn't matter where I am, I just need to hang out w friends, then get a lot of fun :D

Hello Sevencoloriris,

When I am bored, I would learn something knew or just take my scooter and explore. I find learning/teaching and exploring is always fun but that's my way of having fun.
I hope that help.

I agree with Rojamin. Messing with girls is great fun. :cool:

I have a suggestion. How about you visit an Orphanage and donate some of your time, money or old toys/clothes to cheer up a sad child? :gloria

ConRua wrote:

I have a suggestion. How about you visit an Orphanage and donate some of your time, money or old toys/clothes to cheer up a sad child? :gloria

I did that on my last trip ... the GoVap Orphanage on Nguyen Van Boa ... It was both very sad and very happy at the same time. The kids will make you laugh, smile and cry all at once! I enjoyed going shopping for them ... best money I ever spent. I plan to visit again and bring them more things.

Other than that, if I am 'bored' I ride out on the scooter and just meet new people wherever I go. I even ended up at a wedding one day about 1 hour north of GoVap (riding past and got invited in). I have ridden into small towns and ended up drinking, eating and playing cards with people at little plastic tables by the side of the road.

As much as I absolutely love HCMC, sometimes it's fun to get away from the big cities and see more of the country.

(my 2 cents for what it's worth)

sevencoloriris wrote:

Seriously, where in this city can I have fun? Feeling so bored with  having too much free time here...
Anybody recommend?

Where are you usually out and about?

The heat in daytime is not really something comfortable... (>_<)...
Have been in some bars near Hoan Kiem Lake and the other one, Roof Top, I guess. Not so much fun...bunch of kids running around with bottles of Whiskey or some drunk tourists speak full of bad words and bad manner...

Man, things are so hmmmm...miserable....(>_<)

Sometimes, you need to "live slowly and deeply". You'll see the happiness is the present. Enjoy!

Some information that I have found:

- Align Cafe at No 1 Khuc Hao, 2nd floor, is a really nice place to sit down and chit chat with some friends. They have a sakura tree (of course it is fake) inside makes you feel like you are in Japan... snack and drinks maybe a bit overpriced to students but I don't have any problem with it. Try it out if you have time...

- Vine - Restaurant and bar at 1A Xuan Dieu. Good place if you are a fan of wine. Western foods are fine, lovely decor (traditional Vietnamese fine art). Drinks are good I think. A bit expensive but it is worth for trying.

- Hair of the dog bar/club- 32 Ma May - Always packed with foreign tourists everyday in a week. If you want a place to sit, go to second floor before 10pm. Drinks are ok, not so excellent, but a good place to hang out with friends. Music is not so loud on 2nd floor. People start being crazy after 12. Minus point: the toilets are so so dirty...and the tourists seem not care about it...lol....

- Water puppet show at Thang Long water puppet theater, No 4 Dinh Tien Hoang is a great idea for those who want to know a Vietnamese traditional performing art. I have been here five times and enjoyed all of them as the first time. But two days ago  when I went there with my friends, they changed to show to something newly created which is a bit boring. I hope they will put the old show back. It takes only 45 min for one show. Ticket price for the first row is 100k VND (about $5).

- For those love loud and live music, at 17 Cowboy bar on Tran Hung Dao St. you'll can enjoy your night with a Filipino band and young waitress with T-shirt-rolled-up-to-breast walking around...lol...Some of you may find fun here.This bar opens up until 00:30

- Vedette - Ly Thuong Kiet, very nice restaurant and bar also. Classic and elegant decor. Live music with piano and violin and flute. A little expensive, it cost $250 for a bottle of champagne, finger food and one cigar for my friend last time we were here. Drinks are ok. If you like cigar they can offer you some special types. Foods are ok but can't satisfy everyone, we ordered a Foie Gras but it was sent back to the restaurant because my friend didn't like it, ..he is a Chef, lol.... If you have money and want an elegant place to sit down with a friend, this is the one.

It depends on your taste? What's about your taste? Sometime, you should spend your time with your close friend enjoying a cup of coffee in a quite place...

sevencoloriris wrote:

How u doin.....?

;-)

nhactrehn wrote:

It depends on your taste? What's about your taste? Sometime, you should spend your time with your close friend enjoying a cup of coffee in a quite place...

Yeah, I did that so often... and when you do it too often, you'll feel bored quickly doesn't matter how much you enjoyed it before...lol...

BritViet wrote:
sevencoloriris wrote:

How u doin.....?

;-)

Hi there...
I am doing just ok, I must say... most of the time trying to force myself doing something, working on something... ha ha.. sometimes go out, for dating, for chatting with friends or just drinking alone...

Anyone also wants to have lots of fun. And we should share with everyone that fun. For example, let's read a funny story:

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

"Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."

"Go away!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money!" and she proceeded to close the door.

Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open. "Don't be too hasty!" he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration."

And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet.

"If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder."

"Well," she said, "I hope you've got a good appetite because the electricity was cut off this morning."

[email protected] wrote:

hi friends!!!
I am living in Hanoi city..... just boring because...too buzy...no time for enjoy......many interesting things....... so funny in this lovely city!!!

Hi.
interesting, if u have time PM me to meet up here...
Cheers

nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

With me, it doesn't matter where I am, I just need to hang out w friends, then get a lot of fun :D

Hi

got your infor from Expat.com.

would like to know about you some more.. kindly pass me the details to my mail box wvipula at hotmail dot com would be easy to meet up..

Cheers.....!

Do you know where to have fun yet? I will arrive Hanoi today evening and will be there for 3 days. I just wish it will be coool

purr. i can be your cat!

Well, lucky you, having alot of free time...

save up some money and start a street cafe...I'm sure it would be a lot of fun and not difficult to do. Also you will meet a lot of Vietnamese and perhaps more opportunities will find you as you make friends with your customers.

I'm looking for a clubbing/drinking partner. It's been one month in Hanoi for me XD but i still haven't been able to enjoy the "night life" here. I was wondering if there was anyone else who is afraid to venture that world alone (like me) and would like a partner in crime :)

xoxo
jo

I usually have fun spending time with family and friends. We usually go out to dinner, have a cup of coffee, usual bars, clubs, movies, etc.

Other activities may include golf, swimming, billards, shopping, etc.

Find some fun people to hang out with and laugh and have a good time. Your problems will be solved.

Sincerely,

Happy fun loving guy

(Wow, didn't realize this thread was old. Also its in Hanoi... meh.)

lols, you guys so fun  :)), hope your life will be balance soon here...

wvictor wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

hi friends!!!

Hi.
interesting, if u have time PM me to meet up here...
Cheers

thanks y. Have a good day!

I've never been here but I have a friend you is a co-owner. It is popular with both locals and expats
And it is owned and operated by women so if your a woman visiting you may feel safer going alone.

facebook.com/tulu.hanoi

Tulu Cafe and Lounge
3B, Tong Duy Tan str
Hanoi Bac Mai, Vietnam

nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

I totally agree.
I even enjoy travelling with myself to Hanoi, HaLong, HaiPhong and Cam Pha.
Just equipped yourself with some cash,a working mobile phone with GPS and unlimited internet service and of course with Google translate, Google Map installed.

Night life? I don't have any idea.
Any suggestion?