How does an American apply for a TN (NAFTA) Visa from within Quebec?

I moved here in January for work with a company that did all the paperwork for a regular (non TN) work visa. I am now no longer with that company, but want to stay in Montréal and to look for work in my field. Does anyone know the procedure for applying for a TN Visa for an American citizen living in Quebec, Canada? Is there anyone out there who has one and can please explain to me how they went about getting it? Thank you.

Hello mwiesmeier.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope you will soon get some responses.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi mwiesmeier.
So how have you handle your problem ? have you got a solution ?

Hello Mwiesmeier
    I read your post. You are looking so worried for getting NAFTA Visa in United States. For applying NAFTA Visa, you must have two or three years work experience and then contact a professional lawyer, who can give you a legal advice for it.

You don't need a lawyer. All you need to do is apply for a TN Visa and a letter of employment. You may have to go back to the US until you have found a job but once you find an employer and you can apply for a TN Visa at the border.

Your best bet would be to contact the American Embassy in Ottawa and put your case to them and let them know your intentions. There is an American - SA Immigrations Lawyer - Mr. Kaplan - in Florida USA who maybe able to help you out. Contact him and let him know your situation.