REVALIDATION OF (FOREIGN) DIPLOMAS IN BRAZIL

Thanks Emi,

you are helping a lot.. For masters there is no test required entioned above?? How to get in contact with the teacher in university? they will help us finding the proper track??? We will get scholorship once there? Is it really hard getting admission in Public universities??

It might depend on the discipline and university, but for my experience no, there was no test.

Well, no formal test anyway. They expect you to publish as soon as you can (formal publication in scientific review) if you didn't before. They will help you, but like goes the saying, you gotta help yourself first...show your high motivation, study portuguese, read a lot on your subject, take courses etc.

You need to check for teachers on website of universities and contact them. For example, in SP, you can check at USP, UNIFESP or UNESP.

No scholarship is easy to get. It is absolutely not guaranteed and it will take time for you to understand enough the Brazilian system (ha!) and language to write an acceptable project in Portuguese.

I would say, unless you have enough money to pay for your expenses for a whole year, forget it. Really, its not that easy, even Brazilians fight to have those scholarships. If money is an issue, it might be better to think about finding a work instead.

The rest you will have to find out by yourself...can't help you much more than that. And don't underestimate the value of having good relationships with teachers, students etc. politics is also important here (maybe it is already the case in your country but well, it took me by surprise).

Good luck!

Hello!!
I really need help with this I am all lost.
when you people say I need the syllabus from my classes...is it form every single one of them?? or is it some kind of general description the universities give (I've never done this before)
Also, I have a law degree which has been problematic since in Brazil that is an undergraduate course...so the universoty I contacted is not recognizing it as a Master's degree so I cannot go straight to a Doctor degree...or what should I do?

I do need help with the validation/authentication thing first...
right now the syllabus part is actually scaring me. HELP!!

Hello bel324 and welcome on board :)

Just to inform you that this thread is quite an old one. Hope that you find it useful though and that members revert back to your queries.

If not, I would advise you to create a new thread with a catchy subject title and ask for your queries.

Regards

Kenjee

Hello bel324,

I believe that the syllabus that is required is just an overall list of the courses taken during the entire program, but that said you'd really need to contact the specific university where you plan on doing the revalidation of your degree, they all operate almost autonamously.

Just Google "universities in + name of the city" and then check their website for law courses (direito = law in Portuguese) then contact them for their exact requirements for revalidation and to find out about your other concerns.

Don't forget that to act as a practicing lawyer here in Brazil you are going to need to speak Portuguese fluently and to study Brazilian laws.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

I am going trough the process....I like in Puerto Rico, United States.
though the consulate stamped my diplomas and transcripts without them having the State stamp
I had to do it anyways. The University asks for an authenticated copy of both my diploma and my transcripts and
in order to do that I had to have them stamped by the national education council and the State department.
So it is better to get all the stamps just in case.

Yes, it's best to get all these stamps. Far better to do so and not need them, than to not get them done and have a university refuse to validate the degree due to lacking authentication stamps.

When you arrive in Brazil you'll find out quickly the true meaning of the word BUREAUCRACY. Every public employee thinks of himself as being more powerful than Almighty God, they make their own rules and we mere mortals must simply obey.... Why? Because of a law "Desacato de Authoridade", call them jerks or tell them they're wrong and you can go to jail here! That's why nothing ever changes in this country.

Oh My God!
I had contacted the Secretary of Post. Graduate in USP, and she didn't mention any thing like that for me,
that would be like a night mare, she only asked me for the Celpe-Bras Test and the Description of topics and the Grades i got on my University,
if i have to do all that before i have to start my Master it would take like a years,
so for example if i want to work in an international company, that would take from me a two years at least to start my work legally !!

I have no idea how long the process takes, I've never gone through it myself. I'm just passing along the information from the Ministério de Educação - MEC on the subject.

am so sorry for being rood in my comment, and thanks alkot for your information... i have now to go back to the secretary to ask her...

i appreciate you comments and the information you passed

I just want to point out that USP is in strike since May and I don't think it will be resolved soon.

I have no idea what is happening with everybody who had already submitted a request of revalidation like me, but I believe it is all stopped for now.

If anybody has information about that, I would be happy to hear. I might try to call there eventually to get some information on this.

I will go there after two days i have a meeting with my prof. i will talk to him and reply to you

Hello everybody!

I am a medical student from Peru. I wanted to know if the process is still the same (I have read the previous answers and are from 2012 :'D).

Thank you very much from your help! :)

Yes, the process is still the same. You must find a Brazilian university offering the same program and submit all the required documents and your degree to them. Traditionally the universities do revalidation in February each year, but this may have changed. You should contact the educational institution directly for more information.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

It's even difficult to find a similar program as the syllables vary from university to university.

Does anyone here know a good consultancy / agency that can help me with my revalidation?
i found Grupo Claretiano and they actually answered my email but they have not even tried to contact me after I answered. (that was previous to carnaval and pre-carnaval dates).

If you haven't done so already, check with the Mexican Ministry of Education (or whatever the name of the relevant federal ministry in Mexico is) to see whether they have a mutual recognition agreement for university degrees with the Brazilian Ministry of Education and Culture.  If they do -- and Brazil is reported to have some -- that could make the process enormously easier for you.

Thank you! I had not even considered that possibility.

I want to get my bachelors degree in brasil, I have an A.A degree in humanities I also gave a business certificate. Here in brasil college does not exist and can I get the classes I took for my AA validated so I wont have to do the whole five years for a bachelors degree?

06/04/23  I want to get my bachelors degree in brasil, I have an A.A degree in humanities I also gave a business certificate. Here in brasil college does not exist and can I get the classes I took for my AA validated so I wont have to do the whole five years for a bachelors degree?
-@davidgalvez213

Unless El Salvador and Brazil have an agreement to grant mutual recognition to each others' degrees (check with the Salvadoran Ministry of Education on this), then you're probably not going to be able to validate your AA. 

The only widely recognized post-secondary education in Brazil short of a bachelor's degree program of which I'm aware are the three year courses offered by the Federal Institutes (Institutos Federais) in each state, but these are in technical subjects only, not Humanities.   SESC  -- the Serviço Social do Comércio -- offers a two-year program leading to Técnico de Comércio certificate; you could show the transcript from the course for your business certificate to whomever runs the education programs at the local SESC to see whether they would credit any of it toward that certificate.

Some universities may be willing to validate some of your AA courses as satisfying some of their requirements, or allow you to test out of some requirements; that would be up to each university.  Testing out of a requirement would require a strong command of written Portuguese.

Not all university programs in Brazil are five year programs.  Letras (Liberal Arts), Business Administration, Accounting, Information Technology, and Economics (in some institutions) are usually four year programs.  Law, Nursing, Pharmacy, Engineering (most specialties, including Computer Engineering), Economics (in some institutions) Physical Therapy, and Exercise Science are five year programs.  Medicine is a six year program, and some other areas of study may be, as well.