How to find workers in Vietnam ...

rojamin wrote:
amberlulu wrote:

Romajin,I've read some of your writings and I score you at a IELTS 5.0 at best. Some of the stuff you've written in the past have had grammatical mistakes, windy and difficult to understand. Just a litle constructive criticism....Regards, Me

and now I am discouraged by an ignorant native speaker
It's not my first language, not even my best foreign language so I'm ok with that. Anyways I'm still capable of learning, at least I take note of what's happening around me, unlike somebody who can't even write someone's name properly ;)

Romajin, Rojamin...it's all the same to me because it's only a pen name anyways right? lol

I'm glad to hear that you can speak multiple languages and that english is not your primary language. But I do have a problem with you criticizing Henry's level when yours is not that great either. You needed a piece of HUMBLE PIE ;)

sghsaigon wrote:

I'm sorry i am not an English teacher lol

Eureka!! :lol:

Aberlulu, Rojamin may be mean to other people, but this doesn't mean we have to be mean to him, I guess!!

Can you guys just calm down?? Let's kiss and make up!! :kiss:
This is off topic anyway, so a kiss won't make things go much further!! :D

Unei your new nickname should be "Unei_Peacemaker":)
Imagine if all the leaders in the world had your attitude...there would be no wars. What an awesome thought!
I admire your good intentions...and innocent naivete.

sghsaigon wrote:

henry-ty, only problem is that you live in Da Nang lol

I already move to HCM, if you need,pls give me your phone,i will call you.

Thanks

i just know a little English. how can i apply for this job ;)

nana91 wrote:

i just know a little English. how can i apply for this job ;)

You can help him improve the sexiness of his bar, so put st sexy on to the interview ;)
P/S: i was just kidding, you know, the address is 90 Bui Vien, D.1, how about coming directly to the bar, meeting him personally and handing in your CV? Wish you much luck :)

Actually i just found out one of my friends does the testing for IELTS, good answer Rojamin lol, i would give Rojamin 9.0 lol

unei-nguyen.  Where do you teach? I would like to take your course during the winter break. Could you please send me your personal email address or phone number so I can contact you for more detail?
my address is [email protected].
Thanks

In fact, I don't really want to make a comment here cuz maybe someone will say that my English's just terrible ): I had to study English so much to be able to pass my university entrance exam and I got a high score also. But now I figured out that the most important thing of communication is just understanding each other, so don't be so serious with others' grammar (I'm happy that I forgot many complicated structures). Of course, a high IELTS score shows that you are really good at English, but you know, actually you don't need it so much to make normal communication. So maybe Henry's grammar is bad, but he can talk, listen and understand, it's enough ^^
With most of people, English is their foreign language, just let them feel free to write and speak.

I'm really sorry, I didn't know that there are 2 pages here and people put an end to the discussion =(( =(( Sorry again ):

nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

In fact, I don't really want to make a comment here cuz maybe someone will say that my English's just terrible ): I had to study English so much to be able to pass my university entrance exam and I got a high score also. But now I figured out that the most important thing of communication is just understanding each other, so don't be so serious with others' grammar (I'm happy that I forgot many complicated structures). Of course, a high IELTS score shows that you are really good at English, but you know, actually you don't need it so much to make normal communication. So maybe Henry's grammar is bad, but he can talk, listen and understand, it's enough ^^
With most of people, English is their foreign language, just let them feel free to write and speak.

Hi! Scorpio90. Thank you for your opinion. I agree with you 100% my Sister! Please continue to write more/contribute on future topics in this forum. We need your female perspective and it will be good practice at the same time!:cheers:

Hello nhung.scorpio90,

yes, it's terrible. But at least, you know about and try to improve with practicing. That is what counts.

Oops, terrible really T________________T Ok, no problem, I will practice more and more as Amberlulu said :P

nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

Oops, terrible really T________________T Ok, no problem, I will practice more and more as Amberlulu said :P

@Scorpio90:No, your english is NOT terrible. Don't listen to confused Mr. Bean (l3ully). Your english writing skill is very good. Keep adding comments to this forum anytime. :)

amberlulu wrote:

No, your english is NOT terrible.

No???

amberlulu wrote:
nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

@Scorpio90:No, your english is NOT terrible. Don't listen to confused Mr. Bean (l3ully). Your english writing skill is very good. Keep adding comments to this forum anytime. :)

that also told me someone, 20 years ago. Since than I have the feeling, no more improvement needed.

Anatta wrote:
amberlulu wrote:

No, your english is NOT terrible.

No???

Monkman! Good to see you again.I forgot to turn on my spell check. :D

Besides, you've made spelling errors too, so don't go there buddy. A few mis-spelled words here or there is no biggie.

What's SCARY is when SOMEONE reads three paragraphs full of information and totally missed the whole point! (hint hint..Mr. Eagle Eyes):cool:

I'll let you get back to eating your veggies.

http://i2.cpcache.com/product_zoom/333782797/cant_spell_engineer_hoodie_dark.jpg?color=Black&height=350&width=350

My sincere apology. Couldn't find one for english teacher.

I used to be confident with my grammar some years ago, but I saw many people speak it really natural (different a lot from what I've been taught), then I lost all my confidence ): I even didn't dare to write anything in English ): But now I have to practice as much as possible, then welcome everybody who helps me fix my mistakes :P I just want to say that it's not really necessary for u to master a high level of grammar, in fact, English is our foreign language, so foreigners always try to speak it simply for us to understand. Of course, I know that good grammar makes your writing smoother, more impressive, professional, etc. But without it, we still can communicate together, it's all :P So some spelling or grammar mistakes don't show anything, I think so :D
Don't want to make a war or something like that ): Just because I think we have some different targets to reach English, someone needs perfect grammar for translation jobs, someone just needs basic grammar for his normal life (:

rojamin wrote:
l3ully wrote:
rojamin wrote:

Steven, I think even students with fluent english won't do a 6,7-day-job with 3 Mio/Month salary. Perhaps an adequate payment would attract more hard-working students with good english knowledge ;)

Yep, a student needs to earn twice the countries average income.

Had one here, 4 years studied and about 2 kg of diplomas, including advanced English and printouts from Yahoo answers.

My wife hat to translate the whole interview, apart from hello, there was nothing English and he wanted 12 Million VND per month.
It took him still about 20 minutes, to retype a Vietnamese address, 2 errors inclusive, which was part of a test for the job.
After about 30 minutes in total, the guy left, without even saying a word.

I bet, for 50 Million, he would have at least the interview (timely) completed.

the country's income on papers says nothing at all, do you seriously think they survive on that amount of money? Have you ever thought about how many centuries it would take for ppl here to buy expensive cars and villas?

It comes to an eternal problem, you found wrong ppl for wrong jobs. We're not comfortable to talk about politic on here but I would like to let you know that we too are very displeased and frustrated about the fact that ppl with knowledge and have no money to bribe usually have to work for inadequate salary and 'some ppl' without any degrees become managers, CEO, head of everything. Get used to it and find the right person, and pay him good!!!
but it's easy to see that you're counting exceptions. At least I can guaranty there're more ppl out there who exceed your wife's english and have specified professional talent

It seems bit interesting,

This is going to be bit more off topic but let me ask you few question.
As Vietnamese, do you really think that they cannot survive with their average salary? I know it is kinda.. small amount.. well let's say definitely nothing, and living cost in HCM is crazy, but somehow they are manage to live.
Company that I am doing internship for now is just one large factory which sewing some bags, their labors average salary seems like around 250 to 500 USD (maybe someone get higher salary but not sure.) depend on their skill and department of work. I thought VN workers might think that they are exploited, but as I talked to them, seems like they are pretty much satisfied about their salary bc it's slightly higher than other company.
So, can u tell me ur opinion about VN's salary?

I am really not sure about real estate price in VN, but heard that's kinda going crazy. As you mentioned that it will takes quite many centuries (or years whatever) to get their Villa or car, let me tell u one thing. Wherever u go and live, it just take almost forever to pay off ur mortgage. There was one news article in Korea, my home country btw, it said that it usually takes whole 10 years worth salaries to buy one average house in Korea (they assumed annual income 5,0000 USD which is considered to be real high income (probably around on top 10% as an employee perspective).

rojamin wrote:
amberlulu wrote:

Romajin,I've read some of your writings and I score you at a IELTS 5.0 at best. Some of the stuff you've written in the past have had grammatical mistakes, windy and difficult to understand. Just a litle constructive criticism....Regards, Me

and now I am discouraged by an ignorant native speaker
It's not my first language, not even my best foreign language so I'm ok with that. Anyways I'm still capable of learning, at least I take note of what's happening around me, unlike somebody who can't even write someone's name properly ;)

You shot up to an 7.5 based on your response. 

Some of the stuff you've written in the past have had grammatical mistakes, windy and difficult to understand.

You have a load of mistakes in your "destructive cynicism" Ms. Loo Loo.   

What kind of a teacher, or person for that matter, would say something like that to a non-native speaker, in a public forum?  You should be ashamed of yourself.

yes, andy_k, my thoughts are very similar. As for Germany where I am from, as average income earner - that puts you already in the the top 25% of earners - you can't buy a house (maybe a small apartment, if lucky), unless you have at least 80% own capital.

Hello all.

Some of you are going off-topic. :rolleyes:

Could you please calm down and come back to the initial topic? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I wish good luck to you

i am living in vietnam. i think the best way to find worker this is ad to newspaper and on web online which is for job.

nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

I used to be confident with my grammar some years ago, but I saw many people speak it really natural (different a lot from what I've been taught), then I lost all my confidence ): I even didn't dare to write anything in English ): But now I have to practice as much as possible, then welcome everybody who helps me fix my mistakes :P I just want to say that it's not really necessary for u to master a high level of grammar, in fact, English is our foreign language, so foreigners always try to speak it simply for us to understand. Of course, I know that good grammar makes your writing smoother, more impressive, professional, etc. But without it, we still can communicate together, it's all :P So some spelling or grammar mistakes don't show anything, I think so :D
Don't want to make a war or something like that ): Just because I think we have some different targets to reach English, someone needs perfect grammar for translation jobs, someone just needs basic grammar for his normal life (:

English being my first language, (is comma supposed to be here?) I have no clue what proper grammar is and you're right what matters is that we understand each other.

If I was writing an article or some literature piece than I'll try to be coherent (thanks spell check) but otherwise just free-style away.