A possible internship lab coat in Malta

Greetings all
Just saw this wonderful forum and I thought I just had to be a part of it.

I am a 24 girl from Denmark who is trying to take her Academy Profession (AP) Degree in Chemical and Biotechnical Science.

Since it's a bit difficult to get a internship here in Denmark I might thought I will expand the boarders a little for how far away I wanted to try seek an internship.

Heard about Malta is a good place to try seek out a internship in my field... and hey if you gonna go outsite the boarder you might as well go place sunny :P

So I go a lot of preparation ahead of me but it sounds worth it.
Planning to use a work placement company to help me out.
One like http://www.paragoneurope.eu/ or http://www.stagemalta.org/.
Where they will help me gain contact to a company on Malta and in exchange I have to live in their apartment (paying of course).
However, 350 euro a month doesn't sound that bad comparing to Denmark.

So I thought I might take the first step and make contacts with people living in Malta and gain knowledge and perhaps even friendship before I even get there :)

Welcome to the forum! I have no experience with those sort of companies but generally 350 euro a month is pretty good, especially if that includes bills!

Hi Marlene,

welcome to the forum.

I looked at the links provided and could not find much information about the financial aspects.

Do you pay or are you paid? You pay them for accomodation and they find you an internship? Is the internship paid ? I did see that you have to provide your own health insurance coverage in Malta. The EHIC would not cover you unless you are on a tourist visit.

I wish you luck finding an interesting internship.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Dreamkin
I think it covers the bills but I have to do a check in with my counselor at the academy.

Thanks Ricky
I couldn't find much info either, however my counselor got an inside contact in the Paragon Europe company, so she can easily gain the know how knowledge.

I won't get paid but I able to apply for a State Education Grant.
It will be given around 300 to 400 euro each month depending how much tax you gotta pay (depending on this year income).
Plus I will get another grant from the school on 250 euro each month which is tax free.
That will leave me with around 650 euro a month.
350 will go to the apartment and I guess around 150 euro for food so there will be around 50 to 150 for fun.
I won't get rich on money on this trip but I will on experience ;)

I have saved around 5000 euro up though so I am covered in case of emergencies.

Yup I pay them for accommodation and in return they will find me an internship and a roof over my head.

Marlene

Hi Marlene I hope you will see this message have you tried stagemalta?

Hello Marlene,

I wonder if your internship through Paragon europe was good? I know that your message is several years old but I should go to Malta through Paragon this summer, and I can't find any testimony  about Paragon on the internet (that is not on their own website). Especially, they tell me that the accomodation will be confirmed one week before my arrival... Is it a scam?
Does anyone know if this organism is trustworthy? I need advices please :)

Cheers
Anne