Coffee Chit Chat!!!

Ok people, I can take up the initiative and coordinate a meet up.

So, lets vote:
Saturday: 26th Oct - 11:00 am
Sunday: 27th Oct - 2:00 pm
Venue: Nairobi Safari Walk, Arboretum, Central park.

Votes and suggestions are welcome, then we can go with the majority. Is that agreeable with everyone?

I vote for Arboretum, although I might be out of Kenya that weekend :-( If I am here, either Sat or Sun are fine. We can have a picnic there!

Thanks for voting, Polrad. Could you suggest any other day that you feel you will be around? There might be more people in your shoes.

Either day.

Thanks for lead!

It is a good initiative. I prefer Arboretum,Sunday.

I am in for saturday at arboretum if possible.

Hi,

I will now prefer Sunday!

best,
Kashif

Hi Chicita and everyone else!
Count me in. I vote for Sunday. Less traffic. Perfect day for a picnic. What are we bringing?  Food and our awesome selves?  :)

Cheers

Lets do it on Sunday on 27th in Arboretum. Truth, traffic is very small on Sundays. I think I will stay in Kenya just to meet you guys and leave after that picnic :-)

Polrad, that's incredible. See you there! I'm guessing Sunday 27th is now unanimous? Chicita are we waiting for more votes? Chicita, Yes. Sharing is caring. :)

Polrad wrote:

Lets do it on Sunday on 27th in Arboretum. Truth, traffic is very small on Sundays. I think I will stay in Kenya just to meet you guys and leave after that picnic :-)

Ooohhh!Thats very kind of you.

Sunday, 27th Oct, 2:00pm Arboretum it is.

See you all there!

Sunday 27th October is okay but I will be late how long will the picnic last?

Forget coffee peeps. Lets go partyyyyyy. Anyone wanna go for that sexy Saturday thing on 2november?

We will wait for you but only as long as there will be food ;-)
Shall we try to decide who will bring what? Or is it too complicated?

Yeah, we will wait for you Wawuda, but you will find half of the food gone. :P:D
Polrad,I think it will be difficult to decide who brings what. Let everyone carry what they can, then we can share.

Hi Guys! I would like to join you on Sunday if it is possible:) not so long time in Nbi looking for a new friends:)

hi Gali,you are welcome to join us. I have tried to get direction from the city centre, GPO to the place. I hope this helps.
https://www.google.co.ke/maps?saddr=GPO … ra=ls&z=16

Good Work Chicita
I am out of kenya.
You guys Enjoy.
Cheerz!

Hi Chicita,i would love come am new in this group and would like to meet new friends,is it ok if i came on Sunday?hey Rohit,thank for the referral finally got it.

Rohit.Eleazer wrote:

Good Work Chicita
I am out of kenya.
You guys Enjoy.
Cheerz!

Oh maaaaaan!!! We'll miss you Rohit. Hope to have you on the next one.

Welcome Bwari, see you on the 27th.

chicita wrote:
Rohit.Eleazer wrote:

Good Work Chicita
I am out of kenya.
You guys Enjoy.
Cheerz!

Oh maaaaaan!!! We'll miss you Rohit. Hope to have you on the next one.

Welcome Bwari, see you on the 27th.

Thank you.

chicita wrote:

Yeah, we will wait for you Wawuda, but you will find half of the food gone. :P:D
Polrad,I think it will be difficult to decide who brings what. Let everyone carry what they can, then we can share.

You will wait for me but I will find half of the food gone, haha, then I guess I will attend for the company then.  Yeah, I think it's better if we all just carry whatever we decide to carry.

Yeah, you will come for company and delivering your food to us. :):):)

Hi all,we are still on for tomorrow,right?

Meeting place: Nairobi Arboretum at 2:00pm. Please bring a friend and some snacks so that we can share. You can use google maps to get direction.

I lost my phone and I am yet to replace it but I have my line back,so you can still text me on: 0729 079 046. I hope to be there by 2:00,English time :)

My face hasn't changed so,look out for this at the gate. See you all there.

I will be there, 2pm sharp... looking for girly face... cheers. See you tomorrow, ppl

Hahaha,girly face. Hope it will still be girly then.
Looking forward to seeing all of you.

see you all there

Is the Stanchart Marathon on tomorrow? This might mean massive traffic so it's definitely something to look out for depending on which direction y'all are coming from. If we are late, we can take this little gathering to experience Nairobi nightlife! Only I have work the next day. :( Chicita, I also got robbed; two phones in the space of two weeks. Devastated. Take care people! I suppose i'll see you all tomorrow.

Yenaya wrote:

Is the Stanchart Marathon on tomorrow? This might mean massive traffic so it's definitely something to look out for depending on which direction y'all are coming from. If we are late, we can take this little gathering to experience Nairobi nightlife! Only I have work the next day. :( Chicita, I also got robbed; two phones in the space of two weeks. Devastated. Take care people! I suppose i'll see you all tomorrow.

yea the marathon is tomorrow but the roads will be closed                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         up to 11am so i thnk we can all make it at 2pm.am so sorry about you phones

am here but chicita ur off if anyone is here calk me in 0725503347

Thanks for the invite. am new to the forum. I`ll not be in Nairobi this weekend. thanks.

How was the meetup? I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Something last minute came up requiring my attention. Hope you all had fun! :)

Yenaya wrote:

How was the meetup? I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Something last minute came up requiring my attention. Hope you all had fun! :)

too  bad you missed it was great

I am really sorry people, I miss typed my number.

Was glad to meet you Polrad and Bwari.
Hope that we will have more of you next time.

Hey everyone!
It has been a long while since we had a meet up, right? A few of us are thinking of doing one soon,who is in?

Here are some suggestions. I hope that a number of people can commit to make this happen. Creative, fun ideas are also welcome.

Suggested dates:
August 2nd and 3rd weekend or
August 9th and 10th weekend.

Suggested venues: - Panari Sky Centre for Skiing
                               - Village Market for bowling
                               - Nairobi Safari Walk for a picnic
                               - Central Park (behind Serena Hotel) for a fun day.
Ok,please vote. Choose a date and venue. Is none of the above appeal to you, please suggest a new date and venue. Let's see how it goes.

woow this is great idea,keep me in copy mostly during the 10th weekend,and about the bowling in village market ,(is it still there?,they had removed it)check on that too.we can also do a nature walk and picnic at karura forest ,quite a cute and serene place to be.update me so that i don't miss the fun :)

I would definitely be interested in getting involved with your outings, this weekend is not good for me but please keep me updated.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi all,
Based on the majority of the feed back, the meet up shall be on the 9th/10th weekend.
Venues: - Panari Sky Centre for Skiing
              - Village Market for bowling - It is out for now because it is closed.
              - Nairobi Safari Walk for a picnic
              - Central Park (behind Serena Hotel) for a fun day.
Could we now vote on the 3 venues?

Hi all,
May I conclude and say that we are up for this Saturday, the 9th of August, at 10:30 am? So far, most votes have gone to the picnic ideas. We need to choose between the two:
- Nairobi Safari Walk ( Entry fees: 250 for citizens, 350 for residents and $ 25 for non-resident) and
- Central Park - free.
Let's carry some snacks to share with the rest of the team.

Please let me know what you think about that.
Also, inbox me so that we know the exact number of participants.

Hi All, Have obviously missed out on all the great activities.Kindly update me on the upcoming chit chat meeting n all activities involved.Cheers.