VISA / MASTER CARD . ALGERIA

Hello everybody ,

I just opened a new account at the BDL , and they said they have the Visa card , is it available in other countries ? can I buy and transfer money in Europe for example ?

Thanks ;)

Hi Amine,
Yes Visa is available all over the world, it allows you to get the country's currency when you use the ATM machine, for exp in Morocco you'll get Moroccan Dinars, Turkey= Lyra,...
To receive money, to ur Euro account, it takes a month.
When you travel you don't need to buy euros (le Change),as u have a credit Card.
Mc

Thanks so much bro , well answered , but for example I got 10 000 Dinar , can I transfer it to Euro if I withdraw money from Spain or Belgium for expl

Merci again :)

Ur welcome Bro,
Yes you can receive Euros, from all over the world.
Check again with ur bank.
Cheers.
in Algeria u can't buy Euros from the bank, u are allowed 100 E per year, and only with a flight ticket!!! This is why there is Black market :)

Yes you're right bro , 100 € you won't doo anything with it , so I have to make my account full of Dinar here and I'll find that sum of money in Euro maybe if I withdraw from a EU country !! well the black marcket is too expensive , actually to buy 1 Euro you need 145 dinar at least ..

I want to register for a visa card .. what i have to do?

Hi swileh,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Can you please introduce yourself and at least can you be more friendly by simply adding words like - " hi, please and thank you " when posting on the forum ..would be really great :/

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

it is better to open a new account with AGB Bank they give you your visa card in the first day when opening the accounts ( 2 accounts Dinar, 1 Euro)

aminegorti wrote:

Hello everybody ,

I just opened a new account at the BDL , and they said they have the Visa card , is it available in other countries ? can I buy and transfer money in Europe for example ?

Thanks ;)

Hello
if you dont mind me asking ,
could you explain more about how you opened an account in BDL, i am more than interested to know more about how to have Visa Master Card ,  i actually need it for my work online

Best Regards

aminegorti wrote:

Hello everybody ,

Thanks ;)

for your question , yes it is available and possible for you to transfer money to Europe, its the best and the easiest way to be honest instead of using Western Union

Am happe bécosse i fille allwys sève when i travelling to thé word i réserve good d'avarice from thème Mike shoul   Befour you travail get advice

yes you can, I use to have a similar card and it worked in europe

Hi everyone! :)
I want to create a credit card (Visa or Master card) that can be used abroad of caurse. The only issue is that not all Algerian banks offer it. So please let me know about the banks that offer this type of credit cards and how long does it take to get one.
I would be very grateful to see your replies.
love you all  :kiss:

Hi everyone I'm new here,please I need some answers,how can I get a credit card in Algeria ? is it available ? Please I need answers  :)

Hi,I want to ask you aquestion please,how can I get a credit card in Algeria ? what should I do to have one ? Thanks :)

Lina Benz wrote:

Hi,I want to ask you aquestion please,how can I get a credit card in Algeria ? what should I do to have one ? Thanks :)

Go to a bank and ask there. You would have to open an account first and have an income that can be banked into that account.
I hope you are aware of the very high interest rates and fees that banks will charge you for the credit card.

Hello , you can open. A visa MasterCard acount with AGB. algeria Gulf bank  . Just Google it for more info . :)     I think they are the right choice compared to BDL or other banks .

Thank you for answering me.I already have a bank account I want to know how much money I should have in my account to get a credit card ??

To get a visa card with AGB you must open  3 acounts simultaneously :
One for savings : 5000 dzd
One for cheques : 5000 dzd
One for euros : 150 euros

I want to get a visa in the nearest time

I would like to get a visa to shopping via the Internet and the procurement of websites :D

Hello laid omar and welcome on board  :)

I have added up one of your post to this thread as you posted on the wrong thread on the Algeria forum.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi Stumpy!

I am a new member here and I would like to have someone helping me to get in touch with Indian expats in Algiers, Algeria. I found the forum for Indian expats but somehow I can't connect with them. Could you please guide me to get into the indian Expat.com in Algeria and be able to write to them? I keep on getting denied access to the blog.

Thank you in advance and hope to hear from you soon!

Guru Prasad

Hi,
Can we get Visa or master card with algerian currency? Suppose I open account (Algerian Dinar) and get visa/master card . Can I use it for paypal?will money be converted automatically into euro etc?

Hello friends!
I'd like to know more about Visa debit card. I went to AGB bank and they told me that visa account is in Euro and that I have to open two accounts, one with 35000 DZ and another one with 150 Euros. What I don't understand is the folloeing:

*Are these accounts seperate, that is when using the card, do I have to choose wich account to use?

*If this not the case, then which account can be used through Visa card and what's the purpose of the other account?

*If I want to buy something online,  and the price is in GB pound,  can I pay with Euro or is there an option there to change currency?

* Can I access my account online and see my transaction history and payments etc?

* Will there be high charges on any payment or any kind of interests on every procedure (If possiple, I'd like to have examples of procedures and interests)

* Is it possible to change currency at an ATM and withdraw Algerian Dinars instead of Euros?

* I've read some people's opinions and experiences with Visa card issued by Algerian banks, and they all said that it worked only in the first use,  then it ciezed functioning both at ATMs and through online purchase although the there is money in their accounts,  is it true that this card has such deficiencies?
I hope to read from you very soon my friends as I need this card so soon.
Thank you very much
Cheers

hello everyone,
how can i get my visa card ?

hi
but in algeria there is no Western union services , you can only receive with western union

Hi there,
I want to get a Visa card of type credit cart not a debit one nor a prepaid card.
Where can i get one, preferably in Algeria bank.

Thank's in advenced
B.Abdelwaheb

Hi , guys pleasure to meet u all here

Am in a but if problem, i have my visa card from BNP bank in euro ofcourse but when I try to pay for app in dinars obviously here in Algeria, the payment get denied

Plzz can anyone tell me what I should do

Thx for u all