Photography courses in Riyadh

Hi,
I am looking for short photography courses with duration of 3 months or so. If anybody know any institute here in Riyadh please let me know.

Thanks

I am interested with this also, it would be nice if it would be during fridays. Anybody interested? It would be great if EB members will attend this together...lol

Hi,
the philipin Embassy has photography class. But I've never been there.

There is also a photography group (the only one in Saudi Arabia), http://cameraderiegroup.multiply.com/. I don't know if they are still active.

al-riyad wrote:

Hi,
the philipin Embassy has photography class. But I've never been there.

There is also a photography group (the only one in Saudi Arabia), http://cameraderiegroup.multiply.com/. I don't know if they are still active.

Well I'll look into that, but how about other nationalities? BTW the link you posted, I think has not been maintained for a while, the last seminar sched they had was in 2011, so I guess they are not active anymore.

depending on the equipment you guys use, and how in depth you want to learn, i can teach a class somewhere.  it isnt TOOOOO difficult to and can condense it into about a month of once a week classes

Freshlikesushi wrote:

depending on the equipment you guys use, and how in depth you want to learn, i can teach a class somewhere.  it isnt TOOOOO difficult to and can condense it into about a month of once a week classes

I don't know about the thread starter but I really want a formal setting with certification and such. If you can provide this then that's great. I know the basics, I just want to expand and get some tips on the artistic and commercial application. I am leaning to macro and portraiture.

On another note I found an institution that offers classes every friday in a school near Makkah, Olaya area. I really don't know the details yet, but I think it's just for Filipinoes only, just don't know yet, I have to go there on friday to make sure.

did you manage to find any class? im interested too

motasem wrote:

did you manage to find any class? im interested too

yes, I manage to get a class every friday for 2 hours. Minimal of 10 participants. But unfortunately it's just for Filipinoes. Cost is about 200SR including certificate and occassional location trips.

Certificate lol

Go to Facebook
Riyadh photography

There is a group and we are active

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Certificate lol

Go to Facebook
Riyadh photography

There is a group and we are active

well maybe if I manage to enhance my skill, I can join you guys, if you allow others to join your group?

It's an open group. Skills not needed

Just a love of photography.

All a class can teach you is theory.
You can learn everything a basic class can by reading

"understanding exposure"

Freshlikesushi wrote:

It's an open group. Skills not needed

Just a love of photography.

All a class can teach you is theory.
You can learn everything a basic class can by reading

"understanding exposure"

well in any basic skill, you need to go to the basics, you have to learn theoretical side of things. Yeah you can shoot and shoot, but learning would be best appreciated and faster if you start from theory. IMO. Then application would be clearer.

Again

Read understanding exposure.

All you need

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Again

Read understanding exposure.

All you need

Again if you would check out the topic of this thread, the initiator needs "Photography courses", meaning a class. If you can read it and learn it alone, then I admire you. But there are some of us that needs proper direction to get it, rather than a trial and error attitude, which I think is just a waste of time. Plus learning it with a group of people, who is starting just like you, is more fulfilling than getting it by yourself. IMHO.

Id rather learn with a group of experienced people, but that's just my experience with others learning with our groups in the us.

If you are happy with learning a single viewpoint from someone vs multiple viewpoints from people that have done it for a living, then more power to you.  I just find that groups of different levels together often render faster and more thorough learning

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Id rather learn with a group of experienced people, but that's just my experience with others learning with our groups in the us.

If you are happy with learning a single viewpoint from someone vs multiple viewpoints from people that have done it for a living, then more power to you.  I just find that groups of different levels together often render faster and more thorough learning

Like I said, I admire you, but better practice that reading of yours and try to focus on courses that was asked. You're not in the US and just bring out your camera and practice and take shots, you're in KSA which means you can't do that. Regarding learning, there is so many ways to solve an equation with so many variables, but your method might not work on others.

You actually can do just that. 

Just have to get to know others who do what you are interested (as i am trying to help you do) and they can take you and show you the places you can.  This weekend they went out to an abandoned village to do steel wool, and evening/night photography.  I wasnt able to make it, but they had a great time. Tons of learning and fun going on.

Photography is about doing.  Everything you can learn in a class, you can learn by reading the book, and trying out the concepts, posting on a forum for critiques if you feel you need it.  Compounds, the desert, souqs are great places.  I spent 3 or 4 rolls of film on Batha.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

I wasnt able to make it, but they had a great time. Tons of learning and fun going on.

Compounds, the desert, souqs are great places.  I spent 3 or 4 rolls of film on Batha.

I like that idea, maybe we can organize this as a meeting for EB members.

Do you still use film? Old school huh...lol. Do you develop your own film?

I dont develop it HERE. but at home i did.

And yeah, i still shoot old school film.
Everything from 1960 polaroid land cameras (have an extensively modified 360 landcamera) to 80s canon cameras to current digital

all canon for normal cameras. Have a few film bodies, and my 7d here.

as for an EB meetup. We already have a riyadh photo group. id rather build on that since it is here already

On another note I found an institution that offers classes every friday in a school near Makkah, Olaya area. I really don't know the details yet, but I think it's just for Filipinoes only, just don't know yet, I have to go there on friday to make sure.
            CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME WHERE EXACTLY IN OLAYA,IM ALSO INTERESTED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY.THANKZ.

I know someone from camaraderie.I'll ask them and I'll give you guys a heads up!:)

simplyD83 wrote:

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME WHERE EXACTLY IN OLAYA,IM ALSO INTERESTED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY.THANKZ.

Check your inbox, sent you a pm

Dear All, if you need photography lessons, and courses, I'm not an institute or a company, but I can help you through all the features of the camera, and how each and every shot needs to be taken, etc etc. I have done photo-shoots or single photos for Audi, Chevrolet, Jaguar, Redbull Drift, Reem International Circuit, and some Real Estate stuff.

feel free to email me on: [email protected]

to check some of my work:
flickr.com/photos/wahab_photography/
facebook.com/wahabphotography

Keep shooting.

there will be basic digital photograpy seminar by cameraderie, it will start on Nov 23 till Dec 14 (4 fridays). for details and inquiries please call 0560312790, 0506145768

Hi can I have the details about the one from olaya road? I want to inquire in there personally...plzzz...tnx

their is any workshop or training here in riyadh?

Hello jhaycee.

What kind of workshop or training are you looking for?

Thanks

Karen :)

I am coming to Riyadh to work as a teacher for Al-salam aircraft. I just postponed my graduate studies at the Academy of Art in San Francisco School of Photography to come to Saudi and teach (masters degrees are expensive). I am a long time student and teacher/tutor of photography (digital, film, pinhole, alternative processes, etc.). I also have experience in teaching professionally Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and AfterEffects, and other video editing as well.

A small sample of my work is available on my website at RiverLight Photography.

If you are interested, I would like to start up a photography club while I am in country (KSA) and would like to hear if anyone would be interested. (PM me!!!) ALL CAMERAS WELCOME (INCLUDING CAMERA PHONES)!

I will have more details by the end of Aug, but let me know anyway if you are in Riyadh and are interested.

@CuL8R  There are many here who have expressed an interest in just such a club.  Bravo!
:one

where is the exactly location of such events, i am very interested to learn more about photography. how can i join? and what time will be available for the training???

present! :proud Curl8r

CuL8R you started this you have to finish it!! I have always wanted to join such a photography club to learn/share experiences

:one

qassabra wrote:

CuL8R you started this you have to finish it!! I have always wanted to join such a photography club to learn/share experiences

For those really interested, I can show you a thing or two about Photography and Cinematography also. I have done gigs since I asked the first question at the beginning of this thread. It's a good hobby and takes your mind off the desert...all of you know what I am talking about. Currently I am in Yanbu and doing some landscapes and Macro/Close up stuffs.

I'm just getting settled in, but now that I'm here I'm very excited about getting started. I've yet to get internet at my home, but that should be happening very soon I hope. Once I get that going I'll start a new thread so we can discuss a time and a place to meet up. We have some nice facilities in my compound, but depending on how many are interested, I'm more than willing to host  a gathering at my home. More information to come shortly, I promise.

Count me as another who enjoys taking the odd snap. I've only used point-and-shoot cameras and, even when a mate (an assistant cameraman) tried to explain exposure and the f-stop, it just doesn't. sink. in. I'd like to be able to experiment with HDR sometime (Trey Ratcliff's stuff is amazing) but just getting used to the basics would be a step in the right direction.

CuL8R wrote:

I'm just getting settled in, but now that I'm here I'm very excited about getting started. I've yet to get internet at my home, but that should be happening very soon I hope. Once I get that going I'll start a new thread so we can discuss a time and a place to meet up. We have some nice facilities in my compound, but depending on how many are interested, I'm more than willing to host  a gathering at my home. More information to come shortly, I promise.

:top:

No help yet. If u guys get to know about any details plz do let me know

Friends if you are really interested i can teach you photography for free on weekends Friday morning

its not a big deal actually its quite easy to understand and learn now  with digital cameras 

for people interested in taking pictures on film i would love to but i don't have proper Equipment for that with me now if you have Equipment i can help you with it

[Moderated: off topic]