How many years the initial PR will be issues?

Hi,

I'm planning to apply New Zealand PR under skilled migrant category, in the point based system have scored 150 points and I may be eligible to apply EOI directly.
So my question is if the visa officer grants PR, in that case how many years initially the VISA will be issued?
And with in how many months do we need land in NZ after granting the visa?
What are the prerequisites to maintain the PR valid for 5 yrs? What are the precautions need to take for first 2 yrs of visa?

Could you please help me understanding the NZ visa process.

Thanks in advance,

-Kishore

Hello Kishore and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Kishore,

I replied to another post with some information that may be of help to you, here.

[email protected]

if you get a PR initially, you can stay here indefinitely and do any work you want. But the rule is that for the first 2 years, you'll have to be in NewZealand for atleast 18 months and you can stay outside the country for another 6 months. Once this is fulfilled, you will have to apply for you indefinite PR. Once you get your indefinite PR (good possibility of getting this if you have stayed in NZ for 18 months and have clear records), your visa will never be cancelled and you can return to NZ whenever you want. You stay another 3 years (total 5 years after getting conditional PR) you can apply for residency. Hope this aswers your question.