Princess Noura University English teachers?

THWAHIRATH.T wrote:

how did i apply for the post?pls help me....

Try the following job board: eslcafe.com/joblist/

Hi, anyone can help  to know the hr  # of pnu..please

Hi,
How to get in?

Mukhtar Khan wrote:

Hi,
How to get in?

Why do you want to get into a ladies only University? :/

What abt the ladies in Management department?

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Mukhtar Khan wrote:

Hi,
How to get in?

He's trying to get in PNU as a Teacher, don't take him wrong :p

Muhammad Aamer wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Mukhtar Khan wrote:

Hi,
How to get in?

But the point is, as TLL says, it's a LADIES only university.  They don't hire men lecturers, to my knowledge.

Alliecat wrote:
Muhammad Aamer wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

But the point is, as TLL says, it's a LADIES only university.  They don't hire men lecturers, to my knowledge.

What can be done if he's 'determined' :P to get into women only University?

Muhammad Aamer wrote:

I suppose he can crawl under the fence? :whistle:

Alliecat wrote:
Muhammad Aamer wrote:

I suppose he can crawl under the fence? :whistle:

Why not, if he's paid for the crawling :unsure

He will be paid in this currency: :dumbom:

I went to the university website but it was all in arabic.  Can anyone direct me where to go and find an english version for Nora university in riyadh?
thanks

If you go to www.pnu.edu.sa using GOOGLE CHROME, you'll get a pretty decent translation of the page.

For job vacancies, use this link:  http://www.pnu.edu.sa/ar/Pages/NewsAndA … ncies.aspx (again, you must use google chrome for the translation).

nmalek wrote:

I went to the university website but it was all in arabic.  Can anyone direct me where to go and find an english version for Nora university in riyadh?

There is no English version, which suggests those job opportunities target qualified Arabic speakers.

[Moderated: off topic]

Asslamalaikum ,I am Fathima khairunissa. I'm working in an international school and wish to work with your management .l am very fluent in English .I am M.A in English Literature .I have an experience of seven years in teaching English.  I request you to give me an opportunity to work under your management .lf you give me a chance I in sha allah will surely prove myself. Thank you

@ fathima khairunissa > Hello, this topic is quite old. I will suggest you to post your CV in the Teaching jobs in Riyadh section please.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hi everyone.
I am coming back to Riyadh after getting permanent visa on my husband's sponsorship. I did M.phil in mass communication and i want to do job in Princess Nora University. can anyone please tell me about the salary package they offer? I dont have any prior experience.
Can anyone suggest some good female colleges here where i can apply for teaching mass comm. my degree is very specific and i do not see much jobs related to mass comm in university. one more thing, can i apply in other disciplines with a mass comm degree?
Thanks

As Salam aleykoum sisters,

Is there any sister studying at the university Princess? can you please tell me a bit more about it ?
Barakallahou fik

I have been working at PNU and I love the students. They are really nice kids. I really like them and have developed a good rapport with them. I treat them like my daughters and a lot of the native staff around campus are lovely too as are the cleaning ladies from the Philippines.

However, I have been screamed at by one of the managers (not a native) and told that I am a "mere teacher" and reprimanded for being concerned when one of my classes didn't have a classroom.

I have seen teachers reduced to tears and have had to deal with a photocopier that doesn't work, lights that go off in a classroom in the middle of the lesson several times, 42 kids squeezed into a tiny classroom with tiny desks,. been told not to bother with the communicative method and then, reprimanded severely for not using it.

I have been talked down to and been screamed at by a teacher who has been here for 4 years for saying that I liked it here and almost all the teachers seem to be negative. One PhD teacher told me that she has had to get used to being talked down to "like a six year old," by managers.

I love the kids. They're lovely. The students are sweet and well mannered and it's a shame that teachers don't last long here despite the benefits because of the "Basil Fawlty" style of management of some of the managers in the English department. The first thing that another teacher said to me when I stepped in through the doors of the department was " Welcome to Fawlty Towers," and I am beginning to find out why.

I just feel bad for the students because they deserve the best and I don't think the high turnover of staff is helping them feel a sense of stability in their learning environment. I really care about my classes and will miss them when I leave which I suspect will be quite soon.

Hi Teacher71. 

Sounds like you're in the PNU LEAD program! It's been a horrible and tough experience for so many of us. And no one knows when it's going to get better. We haven't been allowed to express how we feel, and so maybe that's why we post here. Hopefully someone with power will read these posts and wake up!  :sosad:

I was in the PNU Lead Program. You're quite right. I was told by one manager that if one of my classes didn't have a classroom, I should go to the vice dean's office and ask for a classroom and a second manager screamed at me and said to me, " How DARE you go above the chain of command to the vice dean! You are a MERE TEACHER!" It was astonishing- the lack of respect for the teaching profession and for teachers.

On a second occasion, we were told in a meeting about Community College that we shouldn't attempt to use the communicative method here, that the traditional method was best with lots of drilling. We were told, "they feel safe with that." I changed my teaching techniques to fit in with what they wanted. It was hard with nearly 50 girls in a class anyway cramped into a tiny room with tiny little desks all facing front to do communicative exercises such as giving them cut ups to sequence, etc so I changed my approach. A third manager took my classes away because she said that I should have been using the communicative approach, thus contradicting all that the other two managers had said in the meeting! She actually questioned whether I had worked in schools, colleges and universities and had the PGCE when I had come from the UK where all my work experience was DOCUMENTED and on my tax records and I had helped my students to achieve exam success in THREE different places including a good British university!

I basically said that I had worked too hard to be spoken down to with such utter disrespect and  that if they felt that I was not right for PNU, they needed to tell me so they contacted SBC and said that my services were not needed any more.

I am  now working in a different place where the manager cares about her staff and does not strut around drunk on power and ego and the staff are much happier here as a result.

I suggested to someone connected to one of the vice deans that they do an anonymous survey of English teaching staff asking them how they feel about the way that management is treating them. I asked for this more than once. I hope that you all get that support because I know how hard it was for me at that place.

I loved the students and they all rallied round me when I was bullied out of my job but the management were terrible. There were a couple of decent managers- Michelle Posney and Mariam Parker who knew how to get the best out of people but  some of the others were a nightmare.

If you're really unhappy, speak to your agency and see if they can place you elsewhere where the staff are happier with the management or else reiterate my request to the vice dean to give all English teachers a survey asking how they feel about their PNU experience. If everyone asks for this, it could really help when they realise that 100 percent of teachers are negative and it's not the teachers who are at fault. It's someone else.

Good luck. I really feel for you. I've been there, done that, got the T-Shirt and never want to go there again!

You're right. I WAS in the PNU Lead Program. The fact that you guessed that correctly is quite telling. It proves that other people are going through what I went through in the LEAD Program and that something has to change. I know of other teachers who have horror stories of what they went through with the managers at PNU.

I was told by one manager that if one of my classes didn't have a classroom, I should go to the vice dean's office and ask for a classroom and a second manager screamed at me and said to me, " How DARE you go above the chain of command to the vice dean! You are a MERE TEACHER!" It was astonishing- the lack of respect for the teaching profession and for teachers.

On a second occasion, we were told in a meeting about Community College that we shouldn't attempt to use the communicative method here, that the traditional method was best with lots of drilling. We were told, "they feel safe with that." I changed my teaching techniques to fit in with what they wanted. It was hard with nearly 50 girls in a class anyway cramped into a tiny room with tiny little desks all facing front to do communicative exercises such as giving them cut ups to sequence, etc so I changed my approach. A third manager took my classes away because she said that I should have been using the communicative approach, thus contradicting all that the other two managers had said in the meeting! She actually questioned whether I had worked in schools, colleges and universities and had the PGCE when I had come from the UK where all my work experience was DOCUMENTED and on my tax records and I had helped my students to achieve exam success in THREE different places including a good British university!

I basically said that I had worked too hard to be spoken down to with such utter disrespect and  that if they felt that I was not right for PNU, they needed to tell me so they contacted SBC and said that my services were not needed any more.

I am  now working in a different place where the manager cares about her staff and does not strut around drunk on power and ego and the staff are much happier here as a result.

I suggested to someone connected to one of the vice deans that they do an anonymous survey of English teaching staff asking them how they feel about the way that management is treating them. I asked for this more than once. I hope that you all get that support because I know how hard it was for me at that place.

I loved the students and they all rallied round me when I was bullied out of my job but the management were terrible. There were a couple of decent managers- Michelle Posney and Mariam Parker who knew how to get the best out of people but  some of the others were a nightmare.

If you're really unhappy, speak to your agency and see if they can place you elsewhere where the staff are happier with the management or else reiterate my request to the vice dean to give all English teachers a survey asking how they feel about their PNU experience. If everyone asks for this, it could really help when they realise that 100 percent of teachers are negative and it's not the teachers who are at fault. It's someone else.

Good luck. I really feel for you. I've been there, done that, got the T-Shirt and never want to go there again!

I want to send my resume but actually there is some problem with the email address

I cannot open the website