Egyptian!

shalom,

I'm an Egyptian, My friend is studying the Hebrew language and history and she is into the Ph.D about some subjects about the Jewish history. so she is planing to travel for some researches. by july.
I was wondering about How Egyptians are treated there, as for the hot political situation between the two countries, i know it's by all ways gonna be safe, hope so. but my question is, is she really can do it ? can she really enjoy the staying without feeling a stranger and unsafe, and also, how often Arab citizens of Israel can be found there in Tel Aviv not in Jerusalem? i mean the non-Jewish Israeli citizens.

thanks alot =)

Hello,

She can go and she will feel very safe. And she will feel very welcome aswell.

There are a lot of Arab citizens living in Tel Aviv, you can see them all over.

Tell your friend she can go and that she will have a great time. You should go with her :)

thanks lnag, and good to know it's safe, but what i mean is, she is really very sensitive and she is that kind of girls who if someone looked to her in unpleasing look, she will start crying, also because she's Muslim, and of course she wears the Hijab/veil, so we're not sure yet of how it will be going, but thanks alot for ur replay, so are there some girls with Hijab in Tel Aviv? i mean is it a usual scene on the streets or she gonna seem weird ?

Useless...

It's pretty common to see women in the hijab in Tel Aviv. The southern part of Tel Aviv, Yafo/Jaffa, is predominantly Arab. And Tel Aviv University has a huge amount of Arab and Muslim students, so she wouldn't stick out there at all. But Israelis will stare if they want. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but they will. She'll have to get used to living in a non-Muslim majority country, though, and that will take a bit of thick skin no matter where she is.

Don't know if this thread is still relevant, but if so- Arabs are in every city in Israel, and go all around at their leisure. Beyond that, I think a lot of Israelis will be very happy to hear she is Egyptian and will have many questions. No reason to hide that fact. Happy to answer her questions directly, just email!

Israel has a large Arab minority and she will meet many Israelis both Muslim, Christian and Jew. Jaffa has a large Arab community in South of Tel Aviv. She will not have a problem