Hello from Fortaleza

IŽm the director of Sandbox Bilingual Schools in Fortaleza. I came across this site because we are holding an Independence Day American Breakfast, on July 4, 2012 at our school. We are trying to invite Americans expats to celebrate and exchange experiences on this date. Our school is also looking for English teachers to hire. If you know anyone interested please contact me.

I appreciate it.

Welcome to Expat.com adrianafcr !

A few American expats have registered here https://www.expat.com/en/nationalities/ … fortaleza/ (I guess you should contact them)

Regarding your job openings, it would be fantastic if you could post in the jobs section

Many thanks,

Julien

Hi there!
I live in Fortaleza but am Canadian with American friends, unfortunately, we could not make the breakfast but maybe you should try organizing another expat function, like a dinner or something.  I did this twice in 2004 and 2005 but not since.
I would like to find out more about your teaching positions.  I am not fluent in Portuguese, even now...my wife learned English far to quickly...and Im not a trained teacher but I an on-air radio career of over 35 year mostly in Toronto and Montreal.  This includes working on-air for CBC, the equivalent of PBS.
I have taught previously here but with intermediate level students who want to improve their conversation and have no one to practice with.
Let me know what you think.  I live in Meireles near Virgilio Tavora.
Regards,
Andy Neill
Fortaleza, Brazil

Hi Adriana,

I hope you are doing well.  I just came across your message regarding your need for English teachers.  I just relocated to Fortaleza, CE, and I am considering opportunities in the job market.  I am fully bilingual, Spanish and English, and currently learning Portuguese.  Also, if you ever have other Expat events in your school, please let me know.  Unfortunately I missed your message for the one in July 4th.  Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Karen Melendez Luciano

Hi there!
I used tpo teach English when I first moved to Fortaleza 9 years ago.
A native speaking English person can find work at one of the schools here.
Maybe we can meet and discuss.
I would suggest DelItalia on Desembargador Moreira.
I would think you are probably living in Meireles or at least in Aldeota.
My email is [email protected].
Andy

Hello.

Please note that this thread is from 2012.

You may start a new thread on the Fortaleza Forum.

It would be great if you could post an advert (if you're looking for a job) in the job section.

Thanks.

Karen :)

( Moderated: Post in the section teaching jobs in Fortaleza )