Pinay applying for a Tourist Visa 676

Hi! I am going to lodge an application soon and I would like to hear from pinoys in this blog about their experiences and pitfalls during the process.Let me know if you are granted the visa as well.

I have a boyfriend who is in Au and I would like to visit him next year, I hope. He has been coming to Manila for three years now and I was wondering if it is my turn to see his side of the world.

I am a teacher in Manila but I resigned last MArch 2012 to work as a private tutor this school year 2012-2013. Will this be a problem because one section there is about my employment status. But I have a lot and car under my name. Will they suffice as evidence that I will not stay but purely just see his side of the world and experience a non-polluted environment, quiet aircon, no rooster as a wake up call, and different type of cuisine?

Kidding aside, I just want to get sound advice from those who have tried the 676 visa.

hello... lodge your application @
VIA Center
Unit 901, 9/F One Corporate Plaza
845 Antonio Arnaiz Ave (Pasay Rd), Makati City

If bf will sponsor you, u need his bank statement and recent payslip. you need to prove that you will financially supported while in Australia.

or

If you are applying on your own, you still need to prove you can be financially independent. Prepare your latest bank statement,  other pertinent documents and letter of invitation from your boyfriend.

Processing  for tourist visa takes 2-3 weeks.

Hi baby_carrot!

Thank you. Another thing, is it important that I have my own funds even if I am sponsored? I do have my bank statement but how much should be in there to at least assure them that I can also provide own needs with the money that I have. 50K, 100K? They were not specific as to how much should be in my bank so I thought you might have an idea. ANyway, as you know not all locals do not really put their money in the bank.

They are looking for stability, so that is important. It depends on how long that you'll be staying here. Since you are sponsored you don't have to worry about your accommodation, but you need to have at least enough funds to support yourself just in case anything happens.If you'll be staying here for 3 months 60K should be ok, if you're staying longer your funds should be higher.And don't forget to get travel insurance. :)

I also have same problem. I want to apply to the tourist visa and all my funds are being taken care of so am wondering why do I need to give my bank statements yet my boyfriend has lodged the invitation letter that he will support me fully and he is an aussie citizen.

I have done two tourist visas for my now Pinay wife I am pretty sure 100k peso is the number they like. But just got some bad news on the last one got denied. They intimated she may not return and didn't believe she was a genuine tourist.