Anyone advise on contraception in malta

being a roman catholic country can anyone tell me if any protection is availble at all and where and how easy it is to buy

condoms available at chemists and many supermarkets

rosary beads at the church

In that case are there any 'two for one' deals?

contraceptive implants can be had too - dont know what it costs to put in  but its removal is about 45euros.

depovera injections (3monthly injection) are available but a little hitty missy....hospitals dont always have it in stock - usually about 8euro for consultation and 15-20 for the injection.

condoms readily available....no such thing as but one get oine free on those am afraid more like b*gger off than BOGOF

failing that the lady doing a handstand is a good way to protect....LOL

I was actually referring to buy a condom and get the rosary bead free;)

handy in case they split i suppose LOL...a bit like a bus ride....a life in their hands....

condoms available in italian packs of 6 - mon tues wed thurs friday saturday...sunday day off

available in uk packs of 4 spring summer autumn winter....lol

and a special issue for our scots fraternity the one off special leap year pack....of one.

get hold of what lol.......

the products!!!! but well spotted

we here are all very observant...and will have a laff too..LOL enjoy malta.

Such idiot banter.

for gods sake wheres your sense of humour....

Groto wrote:

Such idiot banter.

thank you

it was very funny though, some people need to lighten up

it was a genuine question that i needed a sincere and genuine answer to, sorry if i have offended anyone

I don't think anyone was offended! They were just making jokes, don't worry you won't need to bring any with you from well wherever you are

no i wasnt offended - just trying to make light of the subject - clearly my "jokey comments" offended more than your question.

no i wasnt offended - just trying to make light of the subject - clearly my "jokey comments" offended more than your question. so dont worry about it igander - i am a big boy and can look after myself.

Myrkur wrote:

it was very funny though, some people need to lighten up

Thank you

I went to the GP about two years ago when I first moved here and they told me they only had a limited variation of pills and the injection/implant hadn't made it here yet. I'm please to see from toonarmys comment that this seems to have changed!

I tried the regular pill they give to everyone (like in the UK its micogynon they give as its cheapest) which was Yaz and it made me sick. I have to take the mini pill and so far I've been told they dont do that here yet. Might be worth going to one of the private doctors to ask as the polyclinic doctors for me have been unhelpful so far!

Hello! This is the kind of forum I was looking for!
I am relatively new to Malta and divide my time between here and Wales. I was hoping to go on the pill before my next trip back to the UK in December, but don't know how to go about it. Rather than going to the pharmacy and just buying it (I assume there are different types so this could be dodgy) I'm guessing I should see a doctor here first, as it will be my first time on the pill. I have discussed it with my doctors in the UK, so have given it lots of thought. Oh btw, I'd like to be on it not for contraceptive purposes but because I suffer from PCOS. I am also considering the implant.
So basically my questions are:
a) How do I arrange to see a doctor? Do I need to register etc?
b) What good doctors are there in Gozo?
c) What will the costs be, for the consultation and the prescription? I have a Maltese Id-card and an EHIC.

All responses are appreciated.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

condoms available in italian packs of 6 - mon tues wed thurs friday saturday...sunday day off

available in uk packs of 4 spring summer autumn winter....lol

and a special issue for our scots fraternity the one off special leap year pack....of one.

and let's not forget the Jewish pack of 12 - January........

I always take a look at a picture of Susan Boyle and Janet Reno when I want to extinguish a fire before it causes a bunch of destruction, smoke, etc.

The fact that some said Malta just recently received certain forms of contraceptive like DEPORVERA amazes me and I assume that EC - the day after pill, is just about the same thing as finding a real UFO on top your roof ??????

So does this mean the depo injection is available in Malta?? Please say it is!! Will save me so much hassle!!!  :D